PDA

View Full Version : I get Headaches from my 3D Laptop

G-FLASH
03-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah i think i'll just stick with normal vision from now on
and besides there's not many places that support it online lol..

I question weather i wasted my money for pain..
Why couldn't they mask it like the Nintendo 3DS, there problem solved.
let me guess the screen layer for my dimensions would make the entire machine
more expensive.

you just can't win d=

Mang
03-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah i think i'll just stick with normal vision from now on
and besides there's not many places that support it online lol..

I question weather i wasted my money for pain..
Why couldn't they mask it like the Nintendo 3DS, there problem solved.
let me guess the screen layer for my dimensions would make the entire machine
more expensive.

you just can't win d=

wait wait wait. Your telling me that there are 3D laptops Now! HA!.

Anyways the 3D would be best on Large Tv Screens such as 60 in HDTVs. Rather than the small screens of laptops.
Nintendo 3DS is 3d without glasses. Well its 2.5D since it tricks the eye into thinking its 3d.

Eris
03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
What sets 3D screens apart from real 3D is that 3D screens have a forced depth. You can't re-focus your eyes onto different objects on the screen. This is somewhat eye straining.

.:neuko:.
03-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I get Headaches from my 3D Laptop

...from my 3D Laptop

...3D Laptop

But... but... surely 3D laptops are nothing new... How else would we be able to hold them?

Lol! I'm just messing with ya! :p I know whatchu mean really; I'm just in a silly mood today! :p

Not that I'm blaming you, but I just can't stand misleading terminology, which is the industry's fault really: But yeah... I also get headaches from watching motion pictures on certain "3DTVs", though I believe the cause is more related to the "3D" technology used in certain, so called "Active Shutter" 3D glasses. Unfortunately, one side-effect from the Active Shutter technology can be the perception of (potentially headache-inducing) flicker (the main trade-off for a better 3D image with vastly reduced crosstalk), which is like watching a video through someone rapidly flapping their hands in front of your face for about a couple of hours; surely that's enough to give anyone a serious headache! Thankfully this is not the case with the Nintendo 3DS, since you don't need 3D glasses for that. And thank God!