PDA

View Full Version : Dream pc?

animefreak666
03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
What is your dream pc's specs and what programes/games would you have installed?

Mine would def have a core i7 Processor (4.0ghz), 8gb ddr3 RAM, gtx 4x 1gb, 1tb wd hdd 15,000rpm, prob a 64gb ssd to run win 7, hmm oh and 1200w antec psu And some monster motherboard from asus with usb 3 support. I would prob only have the witcher and dragon age 2 installed cuz thats all i wanna play atm.

wizz-o-matic
03-16-2011, 06:51 AM
data center and server station .... that tells all >_>;

Eris
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
A stable re-usable quantum computer. What's that virtually all cryptographic schemes in use? Shor's algorithm burns, doesn't it?

Philhalo66
04-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Core i7 990X 5.4GHz
8Gb DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 2200MHz
250GB SSD RAID 0
2 AMD 6990's Quad FireX
silverstone 1500 Watts PSU
30 inch LCD 2560x1600
ASUS crosshair 4 Formula
that about sums it up.

blueangel06661
05-09-2011, 05:33 AM
reasonable size of storage space and can run 2 major programs at the same time without serious lag.

~*Red*~
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I'd want my PC to have tons of memory, a high quality sound card for gameplay and some decent speakers :)

fallout87
05-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Wouldnt mind an asus g51 laptop. Have the g50vt atm. But i spilt coffee on it : (

Mang
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
A 12 Core Processor. 192 Gigs of Ram. 64 bit windows. SLI configuration of Nvidia GTX 580'sssssss, 3 (2TB) Solid State Drives. Hey, I can dream!, cant I?

Ashminigun
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Me? A mainboard can support both Intel & AMD CPUs via interchangeable socket.

Realistically, these are my dream rigs:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1522/intelbuild.th.jpg (http://img217.imageshack.us/i/intelbuild.jpg/)
Sandy Bridge

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7696/amdbuild.th.jpg (http://img580.imageshack.us/i/amdbuild.jpg/)
AMD

*drools*

The Wing Man
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Hal 9000

Todd
05-20-2011, 11:00 PM
A Mac with enough storage to hide all my hentai. :P

jimmyzen
05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I was fortunate enough to get my dream PC a few months back. The downside is that the video cards were released in an upgraded version while it was being built and I got the newer cards, but they have been improved twice more since then and now another generation of cards, the 590 series is out. Still, I can play everything in my game library on maximum at 1600 X 1200 resolution including the original Crysis and it runs like watching a movie.

Intel Core i7 980X 6 core 3.33 GHz processor w/liquid cooling
eVGA SLI3 motherboard
24 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
2 eVGA GeForce GTX 580 Fermi Black Ops video cards each w/1536 MB, SLI config
160 GB SSD primary drive
1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda secondary drive
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Fatal1ty sound card w/ I/O panel
Cooler Master 1250 watt power supply
LG Super Multi Blu-Ray burner
SATA 24X DVD dual layer R/W burner
Cooler Master HAF ATX full tower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1
Logitech Z5500 5.1 speaker system w/ all up graded surround satellites from a home theater system I upgraded

I have a full compliment of gaming controllers although most is older stuff (relatively speaking) but they all work just fine because i take good care of them. These include:
Logitech Wingman Force joystick (ancient original force feedback stick, retired)
Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D joystick
Logitech Attack 3 joystick
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick
Saitek X-45 2 piece joystick and controller
Noistromo N52 game pad
Logitech Wingman Extreme game controller
Logitech MoMo wheel and pedal
TrackIR 5 (IR camera real world head motion to in-game field of vision controller)
Logitech M570 wireless 2.4 GHz trackball (I've always preferred a track ball over a mouse)
Logitech wireless 2.4 GHz laser mouse (3 left side buttons, standard L & R, a top left edge 2 position rocker switch. It has a neat wheel which has both a L & R sideways switching function and the usual press down to engage. It has a brake of sorts that will either let it spin freely or act like a regular mouse wheel).

Since I muck around with audio and video I also have a full compliment of audio gear. There's a 6 input/1 output switch box, a 2 channel mixer board, a turntable with an audiophile grade cartridge and phono preamp, a cassette tape deck, CD player, a satellite radio receiver, and a graphic equalizer. There's also a VHS tape unit (transfer tape to DVD plus a good VHS deck with good tape can hold a tremendous amount of audio while being cheaper than a reel to reel) and the interface hardware that allows it to be connected to the computer via USB.

Of course there's the usual web cams, printer, scanner, external drives, network hubs, VOIP telephone modem.

For games:

Battlefield 2 including all the addons and conversions
Battlefield 1942 complete series
BioShock 1 & 2
Brothers in Arms: all three
Call of Duty: World at War & CoD 2
MS Combat Flight Simulator 3 with the Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven and Hell WWI sim mod over it
Company of Heroes: all
Crysis & Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
Dirt 2
Dirt 3
Far Cry 2
F1 2010
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Free Space 2
Grand Theft Auto Vice City, San Andreas, and IV with the Gay Tony and Lost and Damned add ons
GTR 2
Half Life Source, HL2, Episodes 1 & 2, Lost Coast Demo
Homefront
IL2 Sturmovik 1946
Iron Storm
Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough, Pacific Assault
Metro 2033
MS Flight Sim X
MotoGP 08
Need for Speed: Carbon, Shift, Shift 2, Pro Street, Underground 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
Race 07
Rally-sport Challenge
Red Baron 1 & 3D (still sorting out some graphic issues with 3D)
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41 - 45
Rome: Total War
STALKER: all three plus the Complete mods
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Theater of War: Korea & Africa 1943
Unreal tournament 3
Wings Over China.

I have twice this many games in my library that aren't installed because I've already played them, bought them and didn't like them and am not sure what to do with them, or they are so old they won't worrk unlless I run them in vitual machine or DOSBox. Not all old games age well either. Most of the good ones will likely be played again down the road sometime. Some, like the STALKER series, are among my favorites and I replay them over and again modded and unmodded. I've actually had all 3 STALKER games on my computer(s) since they were released. Even though I've beaten them many times I like them so much I don't get tired of them.

There are a few other games installed that I missed because a shortcut didn't get put on the desktop so it wasn't in my games folder where i read these from. It's OK 'cuz when I'm searching for something and find a game I forgot was installed it's like finding lost treasure!

I have about 35 games on my Steam account as well and I have an account with the Origin of Flight game site. Can't get enough of those old canvas and wood bi-planes!

Speaking of games, I came across a great site that sells older games that were once some real gems! They are now patched to work with modern operating systems like Windows 7, even the 64 bit like I have. The Red Baron, Planescape: Torment, and Iron Storm games on my list came from them. I'm waiting for the new Fear 3, Mass Effect 3, and IL2 Sturmovik- Cliffs of Dover games to be released. Rumor has it a new STALKER in 2012!

Anoleis
05-29-2011, 01:16 AM
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/7501/imageshake.jpg
My dreams are mediocre.

Velvet_Nightmare
05-29-2011, 01:29 AM
This.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2011/05/featured-workspace-lp3.jpg

Captian Jack sparrow
05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
My dream pc would have to have an AMD Phenom II Processors with a GeForce GTX 590 graphics card with a THX TruStudio Pro from sound blaster with 20 gigs of ram and ten terabites of memory with a phenix bios and an i85 intel chip set. as for the programmes it would have to have Google chrome, advanced system care 3 avast anti virus, iobit game booster, and orbiter flight sim 2011.

sa5m
06-04-2011, 12:13 AM
This.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2011/05/featured-workspace-lp3.jpg

div on here has a computer like that, though he has 4 screens (one on top) and the two screens on the side are much taller. it's quite drool-worthy.

jimmyzen
06-04-2011, 07:15 AM
div on here has a computer like that, though he has 4 screens (one on top) and the two screens on the side are much taller. it's quite drool-worthy.

but will it play Crysis at maximum settings? ;-)

Ashminigun
06-04-2011, 07:21 AM
This.

Heh. That's pale compare to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHNanjFRUA

A AMD HD6990 system with 5x 30" portrait LCD setup. If you replace it with bezel-less monitors... Oh, yeaah.

Velvet_Nightmare
06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh I don't care for all the monitors, I just love the desk set-up XD

Ashminigun
06-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh I don't care for all the monitors, I just love the desk set-up XD

Then I imagine the nightmare when you need to move your computer from one spot to another. Just sayin'

Velvet_Nightmare
06-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Good point =/ I'd imagine it to be like moving a table, just with thousands of dollars of fragile parts inside T_T

Screwby
06-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Any computer that can run Shogun 2 and Starcraft 2 on Ultra sttings

zekes
06-28-2011, 02:50 AM
I want a bigger space for hard drives so that I can download and install as many programs as I can.

jimmyzen
06-28-2011, 04:05 AM
I want a bigger space for hard drives so that I can download and install as many programs as I can.

big hard drives are cheap. i bought an external 2 TB USB / SATA drive for under $80 and they have gone down since i bought mine. external drives are a great way to go for a lot of reasons, especially if you don't want to open your case. if you have limited storage capacity on your hard drive the easiest way to make room is move all your pictures, music, and video files to an external drive. whenever i buy software online as a download the downloaded files with the receipts, activation codes and everything to do with it all go in a folder that gets stored on an external drive. i use another external drive solely for the back-up files from my computer. everyone should back up their data anyway, although few actually do. an external drive is perfect for that.

my PC has a 160 GB solid state primary drive to hold the operating system and programs to do with the PC hardware and operations. SSDs are still fairly expensive for large capacity ones but regular drives are cheap. the secondary drive on my PC is 1.5 terabytes. whenever i install anything on my PC unless it forces me to install on the C:\ drive it all goes onto the secondary. everything works fine that way and it's just as fast loading and interacting with it.

i have about 50 games on it plus Microsoft Office, a host of other programs, video, jpg, and audio file storage, video and audio editing, programmable logic controller programming software, more utilities than most people have seen. i have been playing around with animation software which uses a lot of space as well to say nothing of all the audio work i do. i have a mini studio thing happening all connected to my PC. i maintain a large library of technical data as well. i kid you not when i say it's a huge amount of stuff! plus i use the Windows XP Virtual machine which is essentially another computer running XP within my computer for the stuff i need that won't work with Windows 7.

my secondary drive is right at half full. i really can't adequately describe how much stuff you can put on a 1.5 TB or larger and the primary is probably about 70% full. like i said, drives are cheap now and upgrading is simple.

a terabyte is 1000 gigabytes, by the way. so, if your PC has a 300 GB C:\ drive a 1.5 TB drive is like having 5 of them.

zekes
08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Heh. That's pale compare to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHNanjFRUA

A AMD HD6990 system with 5x 30" portrait LCD setup. If you replace it with bezel-less monitors... Oh, yeaah.

I like to have the second computer package. It is cool!

Konkulf
08-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Already have my dream PC:

Case - Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Limited Edt.
PSU - Chieftec Super Series 750W PSU
Mobo - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Cooler - Corsair H80
RAM - Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB, CL9
GPU - 2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 @ 970/1150
SSD - Corsair SSD Force Series™ F60, 60GB
HDD - Western Digital Caviar® Green™ 1TB

May upgrade to the new 9000-series from AMD, and the new Bulldozer CPU's when they come :)

Aizmov
08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Dream PC is a PC you can't afford yet wish you had. By this definition I would say the IBM Sequoia. Not that it is a PC or anything ;)

Izayoi Sakuya
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM

Nekogami
10-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Any pc that can run Crysis 2 with max settings. :/