PDA

View Full Version : Geocities-like web builder

marvel_phoenix
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I am trying to find a different, free, website publisher place (I currently use Weebly), but would like one that works more like how Geocities did before it was shut down.

Geocities worked for me because I could write the HTML and CSS in Notepad, and then upload it directly. Weebly is alright, but the drag 'n drop, limited HTML coding capability is too restrictive for me. :-(

I have looked at Webs, Wix, and Yola, but they are a lot like Weebly, and Angelfire and Tripod (if they even still exist) were a joke when I was looking around last year. I would just like a simple, relatively Flash and JAVA free UI, where I can build it all myself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

blueangel06661
03-06-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.webs.com/ (www.webs.com)

It's simple free and easy... looks nice. Provides templates or lets you do HTML...But there is my suggestion I've used it for many years...

marvel_phoenix
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Webs has changed since I last looked/attempted to use it, and it does look nice. However, their free account only allows a limit of 20 web pages, and paying for an account is not an option for me at this time. I will keep it in mind, however. Maybe I can do some mini-sites or something... :-P

I've also been looking at webring, which I am a member of, and I can make a free site with them. It works much the way as geocities had. I just need to do some math to make sure that I come within the storage limit.