PDA

View Full Version : Worst Dub you have ever heard?

truegamenerd
03-03-2011, 01:33 AM
:laugh: Only thing I ask is, avoid 4kids. We all know there terrible.

I would say that the X the movie dub by Manga(If I remember their name) is one of the worst I've seen. Uneven mixing is joined by the unfitting voices along with some literal translations leading to an odd cluster of sentences.

Suzume
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Tamil to Telugu dub is the worst. They r spoiling my Mother Tongue Telugu.

Lord
03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
As far as I know, Dub sucks.

Videlreyes
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Hunter x Hunter! The voices make Killua, Gon, and Kurapika all sound older than what they should be. Gave Illumi and Hisoka a obvious gay accent. Plus, they pronounce the the names wrong.

OtakuInu!!!
03-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't really like dubs. I used to. But that was when I was a child.

One of the worst I ever heard is Naruto. And most, if not, all Tagalog dubs. :P

TomoyoSakagami
03-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I really hate dubs. When someone says to be 'Oh no, you should try this one. It's really good, not like the rest of them', I tend to try them out and they STILL end up being horrible.

I also feel the same visa versa. I.E hearing original English dialogue spoken in Japanese (games mainly), so terrible D:

Gjallarhorn
03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
The original Dragonball dub by Harmony Gold.

Hikarin
03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Well that's hard cause I refuse to listen to dubs any longer. I hate it when they use really high or raspy voices though.

kkslider55
03-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Fruits Basket was really hit or miss. The Japanese version got the voices perfect.

I hated Kyo's voice, the whole New York accent was stupid.

Yuki was just creepy. Everything that his girlish accent made sound charming, just ended up sounding petafileish.

Tohru's voice was passable.

I thought Shigure and Hatori was perfect.

Ayame was alright, but being as he is my favorite character and his Japanese voice was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, I guess I had too high of expectations. His Japanese laugh was so classic...

-Ro-
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Sailor Moon S was worse than previous seasons

MirrorToTheMoon
03-05-2011, 02:30 AM
D. Gray-man. Kanda sounded like he was 80 instead of 18, and Allen sounded like.. let's not go there. >.>

dp1dp
03-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I thought Death Note was terrible. L sounded like a completely different person, the show didn't seem to be the same show. There was no emotion for any of the characters.

Azumanga Daioh was pretty bad. Osaka (i believe that is what they called her) sounded like a country bumpkin. It was pretty bad. I realize that she is supposed to be from Osaka, but i am not sure that it was still an accurate migration.

I agree with the above posters, I prefer the original japanese, all the way. There are a few shows that I have enjoyed the dubs (Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho).