PDA

View Full Version : Ever cried in a anime or manga?

Nene-Chan
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/KogasGirl5to5/adorablecrying.jpgSome manga's we read or some anime we watch can get pretty intense and it sometimes well...makes us cry! Ever had those moments where you watch or read part of a anime that you just had to cry and just can't hold back?

TadashiED
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Pfffffffffffffffft

...yeah

Videlreyes
02-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Yes! the one that made me shed tears was Shigoku Shoujo (Hellgirl) season 3. On the episode where it shows what happened to that girl's past, about how the people were so mean to her and her mother. =( made me sad on how people can be so mean to a little girl asking for help.

Senjou_Akira
02-24-2011, 04:43 AM
that happens a lot
especially in those animes that you thought would finally have a happy ending.. my brother and i couldn't hold it back and can't get over it for days XDD if it's anime, we wouldn't mind crying haha

most super natural animes have depressing endings...
like those of fate/stay night, blassreiter, chrono crusade, etc

animeyay
02-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Gosh, too many, especially since I'm very tear-jerky.

I cried to Clannad, Gundam SEED (Destiny), Naruto, Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo, Fate stay night, etc.
Too many to remember. I cried to a song (not related to any anime/manga/series) just 3 nights ago...

Shinigami_55
02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
cried alot >.> i can take lots of things, but some minor stuff sometimes make's me crie XD

Nesh
02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
chrono crusade
Chrno Crusede really touched me...But the anime I most cried to was One Piece, when Ace died!
I started crying along with Luffy :'

Elukien
02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't think I've cried from reading manga or watching anime though I have become emotional unstable from watching some anime such as Naruto and Clannad.

Suzume
02-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I've cried by seeing Clannad and Clannad after story and in Inuyasha when Kikyo dies forever.

Meteorkeeper
02-24-2011, 11:19 AM
I have never full on started crying but there have been moments where tears have welled up.
The animes that cased this:
chrono crusade's ending, it was a weird happy kind of sad.
Air's ending
Basilisk’s ending
A few times in Fruits basket...poor momiji
Naruto Shippuden when Azuma died

There are others but I can’t think of them right now.

Lily Rock
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Clannad, manly tears were shed.

law~
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
never cried..
but there are a few that had almost make me drop a tear ^^;

Videlreyes
02-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Chrno Crusede really touched me...But the anime I most cried to was One Piece, when Ace died!
I started crying along with Luffy :'

Ah! I wish I didn't read that! >.< I haven't seen (or read) that far yet =(

marsbear
02-25-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm a crybaby, so yes. Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen, for example, made me cry. Watching the deterioration and redemption of my childhood hero Kenshin was too much for me to handle. I had to cry.

kkslider55
02-25-2011, 05:28 AM
...Yes! Grave of the Fireflies... Freaking killed me!

Other than that, no. I've come close quite a few times reading Fruits Basket, though. Some of that stuff is just terrible.

Oh wait... I balled my eyes out when Ash got turned into stone in the Pokemon movie when I was about 8. Does that count? :p

Leila
02-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I cried when I read Kitchen Princess. ;o And Sailor Moon got some tears out of me.
Other than that, I can't remember and anime or manga that got me to cry. o.o

Xanfiore
03-01-2011, 08:27 AM
wait..did I cry? >,<;;
let's see..
I did cry when watching Clannad and Clannad after story...
chrono crusade...but..i can't rmmber what anime it is that touches me the most.. @[email protected]
maybe..clannad? errgh..~

Archaic Devices
03-01-2011, 10:13 AM
I've cried twice during anime. Once at the end of Code Geass when Lelouch dies, and the other in One Piece when they have to burn the Merry Go ):

HatoriFanGurrl
03-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I cried every time I hear or see Hatori Sohma's story about Kana and how she got married to someone else in the end :(

Infinita
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I was very close to crying in Fruits Basket...not sure what part but I held my tears back. Didn't want to cry in front of my sister. :3

Teru Murasame
03-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow... This is embarrasing for me to say...

At the end of Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, when I saw Heero collapse into the arms of Relena, I was like "OMG HE'S DEAD!" and I started bawling my eyes out like crazy. Then when I saw him up in the balcony during the ending sequence, I was so embarrased for crying earlier- I cried again!!!

Geez... I better not get heckled!!!!

RASCO
03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
yeah just watch some Miyazaki Films
(http://myanimelist.net/people/1870/Hayao_Miyazaki)

Lord
03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Naruto made me cry, the scene with zabuza and haku.

Darkcobra
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
i cried to elfen lied :( very upsetting... actually i cried twice on elfen lied :D episode 9 when it shows kaedes past was upsetting alot for me and i felt really sorry, then i started again on episode 13 on the scene at the steps wen she explains to kouta everything and the end which followed :( poor poor lucy
i got very watery eyes in clannad wen fukou-chan began fading from everyone life and everyone forgot her as i knew her time was going then when she dissapered it really upset me (i only seen just past this past so ohwell) xD
i got upset at fruits basket when torou goes out in the rain and her friends find her at her mums grave in the rain... didnt cry but still think there the only ones so far :)

TomoyoSakagami
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
A lot have made me come close but as far I know, the only one to make me bawl out tears is 'Grave of the Fireflies'. Truly a masterpiece if I ever saw one.

dp1dp
03-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Someone had said Elfen Lied. That was a pretty sad anime. If you are looking for one to make you cry, you have to watch Rumbling Hearts (Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien). It is the saddest anime that I have ever watched.

Penshiru
03-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Clannad. just its so sad and I love it

YuriEcchiGirl
03-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Rumbling Hearts, Elfen Lied, Clannad (both seasons) & Air TV are probably all the saddest animes I've ever watched before T~T

yakman1692
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
As a man, I can honestly admit I cried like a baby during Clannad, multiple times. In fact, I've never talked to anyone that hasn't admitted to crying during that series.

Aside from that, I teared up when BlackWargreymon died in Digimon, but I was like 8, so its acceptable. But, that's about it.

YuriEcchiGirl
03-07-2011, 07:54 AM
I cry even at happy endings of animes, not just sad ones, lol! ^^

Mitsuki Koyama
08-08-2011, 01:31 AM
If you want a good anime that makes you cry watch Full Moon O Sagashite. It's hard to make me cry from an anime but this was an exception, I cried my eyes out! The ending was sooooo sad. I've watched it 3 times and every time I cry and cry and cry. Now with Inuyasha the final Act... Awkward I was laughing sooooooooooooo hard i was crying but i wasn't crying because i was sad.

z3y2x1
08-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I don't think I ever cried, but the ending of Cowboy Bebop was pretty depressing!

raqyee
08-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Too...Many...Spoilers...

HamsterGod
08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I've cried on almost everything I've watched. I've cried the most on Hakuouki and Gintama.

Ezza Obsuna
08-22-2011, 05:20 AM
I surely have. Only one I remember is from Ghosts at School. But I'm pretty much sure there're other times.

Immoral
08-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I haven't cried yet, but Clannad was the one that had me closest.

FluffyDango
08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
I`m not in any anime or manga, so no :P

osborn_2009
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
several times lol

Digimon_____Sommelier
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
In recent memory: Digimon Xros Wars. Its themes of pressing forward toward a hopeful future and securing the safety of everyone around you, even those you don't know, and doing it for the sake of protecting humanity definitely makes the show a tearjerker at times...

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...

Sui
08-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I cry very easily... It's hard to remember all the anime I've cried through... xD *Looks at list and tries*

Black Rock Shooter OVA
Bungaku Shoujo movie
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Grave of the Fireflies
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Can't remember which season)
Hourou Musuko
Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners (Can't remember which movie)
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Sukisho
Toki o Kakeru Shoujo
Tokyo Godfathers
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Welcome to the NHK!
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

T^T!

PunkiePie
08-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Gosh.. there have been a few animes that made me bawl like a little baby. Ending to Code Geass, Clannad, Fullmetal Alchemist, Air, Romeo x Julie, etc. ;_;

osborn_2009
08-31-2011, 12:53 AM
just finished watching Fate/Stay Night, and i cried like a baby at the end... wow

ACBlackJ0ck
09-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Clannad made me cry a few times of course. Another one was Ga Rei Zero which made me cry twice. Whenever I see those two scenes it makes me cry a lot

sergeant smash
09-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I cried when kamina died in gurren lagaan. that was like the character i've always wanted to see and then he gets killed off what the hells up with that? felt even worse for yoko though.

others: 5cm per second (just the end though). naruto (kakashi chronicles when obito died)

WoodKid
09-19-2011, 02:27 AM
I cried after watching this commercial done for a news paper company...
http://youtu.be/VsqJrMOWeMI

Other then that, none has made me cry, I've gotten other emotions while watching anime.....I'm not a robot.

CaptainFloyd
09-22-2011, 02:16 AM
I have to say that when I watched Toradora for the first time, I didn't expect for a real gut wrenching moment. But then on the christmas episode when Ryuji goes to see Taiga to cheer her up and she tells him to instead go find Minori, the show suddenly surprised me. All of a sudden a heart whelming moment turned very fast into heartache as soon as Ryuji leaves and Taiga finely understands that she loves him. I started to cry along with her and i really did feel depressed. its weird for me because i did cry more with both clannad and clannad after story. But that was over 2 seasons. That moment with Taiga was just in one season, and it still sticks out for me more than anything in the 2 clannad seasons ever could.

Albear
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Not completely, but there were times where I felt like I was close to tears....

CaptainFloyd
09-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah i feel the same way with some animes. I keep using Clannad as an example lol but i think most of the time when the tragic scenes started to pile up, i was just not that overwhelmed as most people were.

anime133
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
"Samurai X - Trust/Betrayal" =( this is the one that made me cry the most
Also the movie, "The Place Promised in Our Early Days"

TheThunderBringer
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Elfen Lied (kind of twice)
D-Gray Man
Samurai Champloo
Berzerk (manga. READ IT. PLEASE)
Ouran (dunno why, I just did)
Ergo Proxy (great atmosphere)

Probably a few others that I can't think of. I cry relatively easily, it annoys me irl.

~*Red*~
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I have to say that I cried when Stellar died after the Battle of Berlin in SEED Destiny.

Kalila Chan
10-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Hmmm yes I say I have cried a few times with watching Anime.

1. Maes Hughes' death in both versions of the FMA Anime. I coudlnt stop the tears flowing it was so so upsetting.
2. When Nuriko dies in Fushigi Yugi, aswell as Chiriko

:(

SwiftKill GunToting
10-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Yes, actually.

FMA/FMAB: Nina's story, Hughes' death & funeral - just too sad

I also almost cried when L died in Death Note, but I was feeling more outrage than sadness at the time

Teru Murasame
10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I also almost cried when L died in Death Note, but I was feeling more outrage than sadness at the time

Yeah, I burst into rage-tears when that happened.

Uncanny X-Man
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't recall crying from watching anime or reading manga, though Kamisama no Memochou almost broke me.

Kokorokisses
10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I cried when Ushio and Nagisa died in Clannad After Story. They were both adorable characters and were my favorite ;__; poor Tomoya.

And there's some other series I cried after but I can't remember what series at the moment.

Seifuku-kun
10-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Clannad broke my heart....several times.
I am glad I watched it alone as I find it extremely difficult to shed tears if there are anyone else nearby.

DrPopkorne
10-08-2011, 08:45 AM
I struggle to watch anime with anyone in the room, because if there's even the slightest emotion in it I'll burst out like a river.

I got very emotional over Clannad+After Story.

catie
10-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I cried all throughout elfen lied. And I cried big time when Gen died died in kekkaishi. Some parts in towards the terra. I cant believe I didnt cry after watching clannad. Lelouch's death also made me cry.

SuXrys
10-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Some manga's we read or some anime we watch can get pretty intense and it sometimes well...makes us cry! Ever had those moments where you watch or read part of a anime that you just had to cry and just can't hold back?

I have cried to manga / anime to many times! I am a very sensitive person who easily cry to a little bit of everything.

I have cried to Clannad where the dauther cried over her lost toy
I have cried to Sailor Moon
I have cried to Yu-Gi-Oh!
I have cried to Pokemon

and so on, and so on, and so on.... ^.^

iYuki
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I cried during Ano Hana... Maybe even during an episode in Pokemon (who knows).... Hm.. When else...

Konkulf
10-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I did pop a few tears during the last few episdoes of Kamisama No Memochou.
Also a few during the funeral for Hughes in FMA:B, when his daughter says "Mama, why are they burying Papa? He won't be able to do work if they do." Manly tears were shed during that scene.

Lots of other times where i have cried, but i can't recall at the moment.