PDA

View Full Version : Naruto :: Shodaime :: First Hokage

omicron_15
04-10-2004, 04:44 AM
Been working on this guy for a month now, Its come along way from the initial coloring job I did, I really tried to create a realistic shading/highlighting job which I think turned out pretty well, I had the hardest time deciding on what kind of bg I wanted to do, I had planned on using a leaf theme because that was one of shodaime’s main special jutsu’s, I initially was thinking of doing scenic bg but it would have been too hard for me to achieve the look I wanted, so I decided on an abstract bg with a very chaotic textured feel, color wise I was thinking initially of doing the clash of red and green but decided that a fiery gold would be a cool them and would compliment the picture more. I created the leaf brushes and drew the hiragana and kanji. Bg has a couple stock photoes blended in. The Kanji on the left says HO (FIRE) KAGE (SHADOW), and the hiragana on the right hand side says Sho – Da – I – Me which means first hokage. I worked with a 1600 x 1600 canvis for this wall, the file size got rather ridicules 528 mb hmm about 60 layers for the bg and 40 layers for the coloring job.
Hope you like it, tell me what you think of it .

File is very large its a 1600 x 1200 wall its actually my first 4:3 ratio wall

wizz-o-matic
04-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Just one word: WOW,
No coments. I think that this is one of your best wp :)

MistressPookyChan
04-10-2004, 11:48 AM
verrrrrry impressive. I would have to agree that this is your best work yet. People don't think that it is necissary to work on a wallpaper a long time but that's not true. The more time you take to work on something, the better it will be. This is proof of that. Awesome job. Keep up the wonderful work. you're skills are improving greatly.

asher_aj_wei
04-10-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm shocked more about the file size than anything... half a gig?

By the way, where'd you get the chinese font for the bottom? I can't really get chinese fonts to work on mine...

escaflownemoon
04-10-2004, 12:46 PM
wow that's impressive. I really like the bg. A little busy for my taste but the colours are well balanced out. good job:)

acamori
04-10-2004, 12:58 PM
that's incredible. extremely too busy for my personal tastes but very well done. my single (nitpicky) complaint is that some of the text has slightly jagged edges other than that, there isn't a thing i'd change

Gjallarhorn
04-10-2004, 01:09 PM
O_____O very very very very very good.....cant think of any things to fix.........*standing ovation*

omicron_15
04-10-2004, 07:49 PM
asher the chinese charicters in the copyright i got from the manga i just extracted it and shrunk it. I havent been able to get japanese / chinese txt to work eather, yea i was inspired from bantam's paper gatekeepers wall.

Spartibus
04-11-2004, 01:23 AM
fantastic wallpaper

Candy-chan
04-11-2004, 09:59 AM
real nice but...
i think i saw this composition ( maybe nopt the exact same thing) on a gatekeepers wall at AO

asher_aj_wei
04-11-2004, 10:35 AM
It's not the same thing but I think it's the same feel. He got inspired from another webbie, huh Omicron? ^^