PDA

View Full Version : gossip

brolyx74
02-17-2011, 01:47 PM
This topic has been on my mind a lot recently. Not just idle hallway gossip, but specifically relationship gossp. Are girls more guilty of this than guys? Honestly, I think they are. I feel that girls talk about their relationships and other girls relationships way more than guys do. The point of this is mainly wondering, do you think relationship gossip is good or bad, are you a relationship gossiper and how would you react if your other was talking to all of their friends about your relationship.

Examples of why i think this kind of gossip is bad:

1.This shy boy in my grade asked a girl to prom. She turned him down, then preceeded to tell everyone, literally everyone, in everyone of her classes about how he asked her out and she turned him down. This boy is more or less my friend, and I think the last thing he would have wanted was his rejection broadcasted to everyone he knows, and some people he doesn't know.

2.This other boy on my bus was broken up with because his girlfriend's friends told her lies about him and convinced her of something he did that was bad enough for the relationship to end. I don't particularly like this guy, but I felt bad for him. If he was able to talk to her himself, things might have turned out differently, but the girl made up her mind without even talking to him. If people had minded their own business, then these 2 might have been able to work out any problems they might have been having.

3.This is just a general one, but girls telling their friends everything about their guy. Even about what goes on in the bedroom. This is a pretty personal topic IMO, and I don't think girls should just go around telling people about what they do. There's a thing called discretion. Guys will say things like "I got some" or "I hit that" to their friends whereas girls will go into entire detail about length, shape, left or right leaning orientation, way too much information. I think that is way too personal and embarassing. If those people want to find out about it, I suggest they find out themselves, and not try to get the information out indirectly from other people.

This is why I support secret relationships. It's the only kind of relationship where full discretion is required. And I personally don't think women, or even some men, can be trusted. I think that in a regular relationship, if a guy asked their girlfriend to not talk about him, I doubt she would hold back when talking with her friends.

The bottomline of my little rant is that i think people should keep some things private and that gossip is bad. What what is your opinion on the topic?

miniPhil
02-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Found myself in a line for tickets not too long ago with a few ladies in front of me who gossiped like no tomorrow. Picked up their names after a while then began to gossip about them very loudly to the person beside me.
Gossip isn't bad, you just gotta learn how to enjoy it.

Meteorkeeper
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
You just haft to accept that that’s how some girls and yes guys are they feel the need to tell there friends absolutely everything. There are times however where this is taken to far and proper action needs to be taken on part of there friends or the other party being gossiped about of course this type of gossiping can also be classified as a form of bullying. If you are a gossiper just be careful not to cross that line.