PDA

View Full Version : De-Otakunize yourself

Clayton_n
02-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Twelve-step program: How to De-Otakunize Yourself

1.) Admit that you have a problem. The best way to do this is to compare your storage space (dwindling due to acquisition of anime-related merchandise) and your account balance (dwindling due to acquisition of anime-related merchandise).

2.) Confront your problem in the most horrible way possible. In this case, have a soon-to-be-ex-friend strap you into a chair, and put the little eyelid thingies (from _A Clockwork Orange_) on you so you can't escape, then start the 72-hour Streamline dub marathon and leave.

3.) Remove the offending material--out of sight, out of mind. Tear down all lifesize Belldandy posters. Melt your prized Kiki cels into new and interesting sculpture. Record over your pristine collection of S-VHS 1950s giant robot shows, preferably with something like "Family Matters". Use your laserdisc collection to play Frisbee Catch with the Great Dane in your backyard.

4.) Shun (isn't that Mitaka-coach's name?) all those who would lead you into temptation. If you catch a glimpse of anything animated, do penance by watching old episodes of "Saved By The Bell".

5.) Denounce the culture and nation which brought you anime. Watch Saban's "VR Troopers" or "Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad" to remind yourself how evil Japan is.

6.) Burn that used sailor fuku you acquired a while back, you ecchi.

7.) Learn Sanskrit to drive all acquired syllables of Japanese from your brain.

8.) Renounce Inoue Kikuko, and turn in your honorary Hitoshi Doi badge.

9.) When someone says "convention", force yourself to think of large gatherings of boring people in suits selling kitchen appliances.

10.) Rename all of your pets. We KNOW they're named after anime characters. For the truly far gone, rename all of your children as well.

11.) Move. Do not give forwarding addresses to friends, associates, or AnimEigo.

12.) Drop off the Internet. It will only lead you to such catastrophes as IRC or AnimeMUCK! Become a hermit. Grow old in solitude. Die.

Of course, there is no guarantee that all of this will work for you. http://animenation.net/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

Mister_S
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
1. There has got to be an easier way.
2. Why would anyone here want to de-otakunize themselves.
3. I have a feeling you're the type of fan who wear's naruto headbands in public and screams their love for anime to the heavens..

Shinn Kamiyra
02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
2. Why would anyone here want to de-otakunize themselves.

My thoughts exactly.

under the rain
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
What exactly is this "Family Matters" you speak of? It sounds stupid.

Kaitou Ace
02-16-2011, 11:54 PM
That's got to be a really old list. Not just the laserdisk/svhs stuff, but animeigo hasn't put out an anime release in over a decade now.

FluffyDango
02-17-2011, 06:43 AM
What is this I don`t even.
(Have wanted to write that once :P)

Furore
02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Only one realistic method I can think of and it's only got two steps.

1. Point loaded gun at head.
2. Pull trigger.

Clayton_n
02-18-2011, 05:42 PM
What exactly is this "Family Matters" you speak of? It sounds stupid.
It's an old show with Steve Urkel and the cop from Die Hard.

Oddly enough even though it's about family and how important it is, several members of the family simply disappear over the years it was on and nobody ever mentions it, including the youngest daughter.

And yes, I'm a huge anime fan. I wrote the book on it in fact. Look up Clayton Overstreet on Amazon some time.

Anyway guys, think about how it would feel to actually do any of that. Particularly the playing fetcvh with your DVDS part