PDA

View Full Version : Wood or Carpet?

Bulf
02-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Which kind of floors do you prefer? I personally like both, but carpet is a lot harder to clean, so I'll have to say hard wood floors are awesome. They're also pretty fun when you have socks on. If you say Other, please put some kind of comment here.

Lily Rock
02-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Neither, I live in an apartment with that stone or w/e it's called to floor, feels nicer.

Uta-chan~
02-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Carpet. Even if it is hard to clean, it's nice and warm and fluffy and I can lie on it and roll around =3 It always makes the sound of my keyboard in my room better and makes it a little more soundproof.

Ghost
02-14-2011, 01:16 AM
I like i wood its Easy to clean and it looks nice

Aleyna
02-14-2011, 01:28 AM
I like hard wood. Nice for doing things on. ;)

Skilero
02-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Wood, with rugs and the sort, can really make the house or building it is in stand out. Carpet is a lot harder to work with decoratively and it isn't as detailed as wood's elaborate and distinct markings.

Kusuke
02-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I like carpet more. Harder to clean but more comfortable.

Elphaba
02-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Wood. To me is looks nicer and is more fun with socks on. It also looks uhh more like a cozy home if I guess you could call it.

We have hard tile. I hate it because when you fall its unforgiving. I feel a few weeks ago and I got bruises...I may still even have them. >.<

Meteorkeeper
02-14-2011, 11:54 AM
As they say comfort is king so I voted carpet.

-GAZKUL-
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
stone.

law~
02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
wood, I hate carpet, I don't like cleaning it..

blueangel06661
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I prefer wood. once you spill something into a carpet you'll never get it out. You can shampoo it all you want but it's already stained into the carpet padding and things below. It's such a mess to vacuum a carpet. You need a really good vacuum to get the hair and other things out that has intertwined with the fibers or whatever they are called. With a wood floor you just need a mini $15.oo vacuum that does the job.

Plus it's easier to decorate around. Like non of my bedroom decorations [purples.. light blues.. pinks..] match my dark green carpet.. And I'll but some rugs for guest to sit on/lay on if I ever live somewhere with wood floors. :]

.Sev
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I prefer dirt floors. Because in a former life I was a small rodent.

Genghis Beatrix
02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, going on the prefrence of what I would rather have my child crawl on, I'd say carpet. It's warm and soft, and a lot easier for her to just get back up if she falls.

brolyx74
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Sexual inuendos make my day. I'm gonna go with carpet. Happy Valentine's Day everybody, especially to everyone who has the same type of mind as me and didn't think about floors when they saw this thread.

miniPhil
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
My floor is lava. I have to jump from cushion to cushion to get around. I wouldn't have it any other way.

DOOM!
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Munching on a well styled carpet gives me Kingwood.

SirDan
02-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Tiles.

S o l o
02-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Carpet for the win. The shaggy purple kind. :3
Like the kind you find in a pimpmobile, or a shag wagon.

Yeah, I said it...what.

Alphabet
02-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Wood definitely, but for now I have to stick to carpet until my son grows up. He happens to roll around and fall a lot. He can stand, but he doesn't like staying that way.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

Shinn Kamiyra
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Wood FTW. Much easier to clean than carpet and it goes way better with the furniture. Not only that, but you can't top the perfectly slick surface that you can slide around with your socks on. I know, I'm so easily amused. ^^

Carpet loses because of evil rug burn. ><

Meenah
02-15-2011, 05:54 AM
I like marble.

Ellxeeva
02-15-2011, 06:14 AM
I like hard wood. Nice for doing things on. ;)

This. Oh yes. :D

dream magician
02-15-2011, 06:37 AM
I like wood better- it feels more home like if the floor's made of wood.. I don't like carpet because it's hard to clean and it would have a lot of fomites by time.

Megamind's Minion
02-15-2011, 08:13 AM
wood with carpet...
lolz...
for comfort and preference...
wood because it's cooler and carpet for lying around....

Eris
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
These are the rules of the miscellaneous forum. Understanding and following these rules will minimize clashes with moderators, and make miscellaneous a more enjoyable place for everyone. They can be sorted under a number of basic principles:

Follow the site-wide rules
Things that are never allowed under this principle:

Advertisement.
Risque innuendo.
Profanities.
Threads that belong in other forums, like anime, video games/table top, fan art/graphic art, or poetry/fan-fictions.
Content inappropriate for minors.

Maintain a friendly and respectful atmosphere.
Trolling (including baiting well known temperamental individuals.)
Flaming / Harassing / Bullying.
Back-seat moderation.
Disrupting conversations with spam.

No farming points/posts/reputation.
Creating non-sponsored post games.
Creating posts with no meaning but to increase your post count/points/reputation.
Double/Multiple posting.

Keep in mind that besides the things that are never allowed, depending on the situation, other things may also be forbidden or frowned upon.

See also: Terms of Agreement : Member conduct (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php?faq=rules_faq_item#faq_new_faq_item1). (You agreed to this when you signed up.)

Tsk tsk.