PDA

View Full Version : the GazettE - Reila



Aku no Hikari
02-12-2011, 08:13 AM
aka Bawww song =P. Although I'm not a big fan of Visual Kei, but I used to love this song (despite its annoying riffage... Those VK bands don't even know what "harmony" means!! *shakes fist*) It's a bit old, but it's one of the rare songs that make me cry easily. Thus a "bawww song" XD

*ehm*


出会ってからどれだけ同じ傷を負い どれだけ支え合った?
君が辛いときは他の誰より僕だけに教えて欲しかった
事実が目に焼き付く 無言で不動の君は何を思う
理由などいらないさ ただ僕の君を返してくれれば

How much did we bear the same wounds since we met? How much did we support each other?
When you were in pain, you wanted to tell me out of everyone else
Reality scorches my eyes. In this silence and motionlessness, what are you feeling?
I don't need any reason... if you just return me my you.

Suggestions?

残された僕より無になった君は
どれほど辛いだろうか
まだ何も始まってないのに
まだ君にこの言葉伝えてないのに
何処へ

How much is it more painful for you who turned into void
than it is for me who was left behind?
Even though nothing has started yet,
and even though I haven't told you these words yet,
Where to...?

レイラ・・・
君の名を呼んでみても
this voice dose not reach you...
レイラ・・・
目を開けて 嘘だと笑ってみせてよ・・・

Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
Even if I called your name,
this voice does not reach you...
Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
Open your eyes, if it's a joke, and show me your smile!

明日は何処へ行こう 君が望むなら
何処へでも行くよ

Where are we going tomorrow? If you wish
I'd go anywhere

君はいつもそう 僕が思う程
何処かへ行ってしまう
また僕を残し一人で走って行くんだね
もう届かない もう届かない
やっと君に会えたのに
我慢してたものが全て溢れて
涙になって零れた

To the extent I'd think you'll always be like this,
you'll end up going somewhere
You'll leave me again, and go away on your own, won't you?
My words won't reach you, they won't reach you anymore
even though I thought I finally found you
Everything that I have held on to fell apart,
turned into tears and fell away

1) This somehow makes sense when I read it in my own language, but I have a feeling it doesn't make sense in English.

2) I know what 届く means in an emotional context (the other person knowing what the first person feels about them), but there's no good way to say it in English. Suggestions here?

3) Something better than "hold on" and "fall apart"? >_<

レイラ・・・
言えなかったこの言葉を
レイラ・・・
今 此処で君に歌うよ
レイラ・・・
誰よりも君を愛している
レイラ・・・
愛している。愛している。

Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
These words I couldn't tell you,
Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
now I'm singing them for you here
Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
I love you more than anyone else
Reila, Reila... Reila, Reila...
I love you, I love you

二人が居た部屋 今もそのまま
鍵もかけずに いつでも君が帰って来れる様に
ずっと待ってるよ 理解ってるけど
今でも君がドアを開ける姿が見えるんだ

The room we were in is still as it was
Even the keys are still there so you can always come back
I'll always wait for you. I understand but
even now I still see you opening the door for me

明日はきっと帰って来てくれるかな

Tomorrow you might come back to me for sure...

Ah, the headache. Whenever I find something like きっと and だろう, or きっと and かな in the same sentence, I think there are only two possibilities:

1) Each of them refers to something different. For example, きっと doesn't mean being sure about you coming back, but it means if you come back, I'll be sure I won't lose you again. (Though I don't know the right phrase to use in English) ... while the "unsure" or "might" or "wonder" part is about whether or not you'll come back.

2) The Japanese are nuts.


Thanks ^^

AzureDark
02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
だろう can be affirmative. Can't say the same for かな.

animeyay
02-12-2011, 06:50 PM
>君が辛いときは他の誰より僕だけに教えて欲しかった
>When you were in pain, you wanted to tell me out of everyone else

When you were in pain, I wanted you to tell me out of everyone else


>理由などいらないさ ただ僕の君を返してくれれば
>I don't need any reason... if you just return me my you.

I don't need any reason... if only you could come back to me.
Or, if you want to be more literal, try something on the line of "return to me your old self"


>目を開けて 嘘だと笑ってみせてよ・・・
>Open your eyes, if it's a joke, and show me your smile!

Open your eyes and, with a smile, tell me it's a joke...


>君はいつもそう 僕が思う程
>何処かへ行ってしまう
>To the extent I'd think you'll always be like this,
>you'll end up going somewhere

You are always like this; the more I think of you,
the quicker you'd end up going off somewhere else.


>もう届かない もう届かない
>My words won't reach you, they won't reach you anymore

I don't see anything wrong with the word "reach", although, the subject is kinda ambiguous here. Could be "my words", "my feelings", "my love", etc.


>我慢してたものが全て溢れて
>涙になって零れた
>Everything that I have held on to fell apart,
>turned into tears and fell away

Everything that I had held in/suppressed suddenly gushed out,
turned into tears, and streamed down (my cheeks/face).


>二人が居た部屋 今もそのまま
>鍵もかけずに いつでも君が帰って来れる様に
>The room we were in is still as it was
>Even the keys are still there so you can always come back

The room we were in has been left untouched, and the door left unlocked,
just so that you may come back at any time you wish.


>今でも君がドアを開ける姿が見えるんだ
>even now I still see you opening the door for me

but I still feel as though you'll the open the door at any moment now.


>明日はきっと帰って来てくれるかな
>Tomorrow you might come back to me for sure.

The answer is #1! kitto and kana refer to two different segments here.

kitto kaette kite kureru = you will come back to me for sure
ashita wa...kana = tomorrow...perhaps

But yea, your translation's fine to me.

Aku no Hikari
02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
>When you were in pain, I wanted you to tell me out of everyone else

*facepalm* XD How did I miss that? I blame the 君が in the beginning, but I should have known because ~てほしい always means "to want someone to do".

>but I still feel as though you'll the open the door at any moment now.

I pull back what I said. NOW facepalm. XD I thought it was something... else. That's why the line felt so weird. Orz

Thanks for the help. ^^