PDA

View Full Version : Kenshin voice acting

SmallGuy
02-11-2011, 05:23 AM
did anyone else notice that kenshin's voice (not dubbed) is a woman's voice i always foget that hes a guy...kinda annoying
and can anyone recommend me an anime like kenshin with a lot of sword fights? and not bleach cuz im watching the new episode so i finished it basically ^^ :P

blueangel06661
02-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Most voices are played by women. And your thread is misleading. Either make a thread about voice actors genders or make a thread for your recommendation. Don't combine them.

P.S. Tommy from the Rugrats was also a female.

AzureDark
02-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Kenshin's JP seiyuu (Mayo Suzukaze) is a former Takarazuka Revue actress (where all male roles in the play are done by women) so she's used to portraying male chars.

Usually male chars with youthful appearances are done by female seiyuu. Heck even these male leading roles: Naruto is voiced by Junko Takeuchi and Luffy is voiced by Mayumi Tanaka. My fave is Yuuko Sanpei.

SmallGuy
02-13-2011, 09:41 AM
i know that in some anime's male voices are done by females but what i mean is that kenshin's voice sounds nothing like a guy's voice.. that the lady that voice acted (Mayo Suzukaze) him did it quite off in my taste.. i constantly forget that he is a guy >.> the only reason i remember that he is a guy in the show is because of kauro (if that is her name i cant really remember)