PDA

View Full Version : what makes a woman a "real woman"?

Skylar1
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
so long as we're talking about 'ideal' gender-based models, I figure it's only fair to have a thread for the reverse.

I'd tend to think that the person's idea of the "real woman" would be a more motherly figure, caring, nurturing and compassionate.

Not that I'm saying I really agree, much like the other thread, but I am curious nevertheless as to what you guys think.

Eris
02-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Fake women have penises.

Lady Gaga, for example, is rumored to be a fake woman.

Anoleis
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Other than making sandwiches, nothing.

Nanobyte
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuude...
Lamers. A real woman should be elegant, sweet, and caring. A mother-like figure.
In my case, I'm none of the above. I'm an Amber: Annoying, short, uncomfortably clingy and affective.

Heinekenrana
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I would think, perhaps, ovaries?

Genghis Beatrix
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
As I will post in the real men, one who takes care of the business and is their for their significant other and/or children. What you view as a real woman is fantasy. Any real man or woman needs to know how to act and when to act that way. You'll learn that when you get married and have kids.

Skylar1
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
As I will post in the real men, one who takes care of the business and is their for their significant other and/or children. What you view as a real woman is fantasy. Any real man or woman needs to know how to act and when to act that way. You'll learn that when you get married and have kids.
whom are you talking to? o_O;

Genghis Beatrix
02-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Amblifier. There are women who are not elegant and graceful and compassionate but are women nonetheless.

Meteorkeeper
02-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I have never thought at any point that any one man or woman can be more of one than another. If you think about it it's kind of ridicules to think that one can.

brolyx74
02-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I suppose a "real" woman from a societal view would just be one who exemplifies feminine characteristics.
A "real" woman by a scientific social view would be a woman who has a fully developed corpus callosum- explaining strong emotions, and ovaries and breasts for obvious reasons.
A "real" woman from my perspective would essentially be what Wio said in the "real" man thread. It is just a way to justify having double standards over a certain gender.

RaShayRitto
02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
really nice boobs and a burning desire to serve her man (whom she shares with multiple women) hand and foot.

anyone in a maid outfit really

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Those who can make me a good sandwich.

Aleyna
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Those who can make me a good sandwich.
Lady GaGa knows how to make a good sandwhich. ;)

A real women can get whatever she wants, because she'll take action to get what she wants. She'll be committed and stand by her beliefs and goals to get what it is that she wants. She has respect for herself and other people. She respects her fellow sisters, and understands that they sacrifice things sometimes so other sisters can live better throughout the rest of their somehow in some way. She understands that just because a person shows an emotion or does an action, doesn't necessarily mean that they are feeling that way or want to do what it is that they are doing, and gets that how they are acting or what they are doing can be unintentional. A woman understands that humans are naturally emotional creatures, and can they sometimes can do impulsive things out of emotions, and that it can't not be helped sometimes, since we are designed to think through our emotions. A woman understand that she needs to be judgemental sometimes to make decisions for herself, but that she shouldn't go judging and telling other people what to do with their life, because it is not her life.

Meenah
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
No offense to the creator of the thread: damn, another annoying thread like this? This just ends up pissing off some people or feed off one's ego. >_>; Yeeeah, I'm butthurt. *sob*

As I said in the other post now, a "real woman" are human beings that have female reproductive organs, opposite of male in sex, and do different characteristic behaviors, etc. blah blah blah~ What do the men and women have in common now? None of them are superior, they're just equal. Plain equal.

Ellxeeva
02-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I suppose a "real" woman from a societal view would just be one who exemplifies feminine characteristics.

Dunno, maybe a woman is considered to be a 'real woman' if she:

-Is caring
-Listens more than she talks
-Accepts compliments politely but keeps her feet on the ground
-Knows she's pretty with makeup but also knows she's prettier without it
-Improves herself not to please people but to inspire
-Is independent
-Cares for people
-Knows when NOT to open her legs
-Is confident with her own skin
-Stands for what she believes in
-Respects other people's opinions
-Is not manipulative
-If she's not a 'teen' anymore (obviously)
-Knows what real beauty is, sees it, possesses it, and embraces it

...and lastly, if she doesn't fake orgasm. o_o

That's what I think, though. xD

Alphabet
02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Durr she should be in the kitchen.
On a more serious note, a "real woman" should be: Confident, self-motivated, independent, decisive, able to make a fair judgement without picking favorites, dependable, tactfulness, pretty much all of the leadership traits.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

SigmaSD
02-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm guessing having two sets of X chromosomes on the 23rd pair? Cause sometimes its not so obvious.

Wio
02-09-2011, 12:54 AM
There is no "real woman" standard, as the feminist movement effectively got rid of it. There is no shaming language used on woman in the western world. To even try such would be misogynistic. Now if a woman wants to bag a man, she'll have to maintain a level of attractiveness. However that is her choice, and if she wants to live independently that's fine too. So there you go.

Xieshunnuan
02-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Ride or die chick o/
If she doesn't help you when you're feeling down, or in a tight situation,
she sure as hell ain't the one for me.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
02-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Amblifier. There are women who are not elegant and graceful and compassionate but are women nonetheless.

*facepalm.* You can't even consider yourself a woman at bloody 14 years of age o_O

Also, I think that refined manners, strength, self-respect, dignity and the power to stick up for herself with grace is what would make a woman a "real" woman.

Anuket
02-09-2011, 07:21 AM
-Listens more than she talks

Honestly, that's a hard thing for women to do.

-Knows when NOT to open her legs

This is where the hard part is, no matter how wise a woman can be when against a man she can never refuse it is nearly impossible not to yield to the temptation.

-Is not manipulative

Women can be as manipulative as men can be, it's only how you use the manipulation that really matters - is it for a good reason or merely for one's own profit.

...and lastly, if she doesn't fake orgasm. o_o

O_O The most difficult thing in my opinion for a lot of women fake it just so as not to embarrass their partner.

But other than that I'd have to agree with you, though in my serious opinion there are no such thing as real women just as I've stated in the thread about real men. >=3

Rei
02-09-2011, 07:40 AM

...I believe she's talking about an 'Ideal' woman.

Furore
02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Traditionally, a nurturer and provider and a hard worker (doing the majority of household chores and having to deal with the kids most of the time would be a ton harder then most jobs the male did).

These days though most women seem more independent and wishing to do their own thing - it's admirable really, not like there was any need for them to stay that way.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
02-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Can people truly not reply to this thread without being sexist? =/ I've seen so many sexist replies and jokes my head hurts.
But alright, if this is the game we're playing...
*Goes being sexist in the "What makes a man a real man" thread.*

John Watson
02-09-2011, 10:35 AM
What makes a real woman is:

Respect for herself and her body. (along with others)
Inner beauty
Strength and independence
Love for her children, taking care of them..etc (if she has any)

The same thing goes for men I guess! Anything that makes a woman a real woman can make a man a real man. Not much of a difference..except the for whole 'gender parts' thing. o.o;

miniPhil
02-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Me of course.

Senjou_Akira
02-10-2011, 06:16 AM
i believe this is more of an ideal woman, not a real woman. coz there are only two genders and there are no unreal men or women in the genders' choices