PDA

View Full Version : E-readers or tablet pcs for manga?

Jmosies
02-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't have an iPad or Nook/Kindle, but from what I can see there isn't a great selection out there yet. But I'd love to have something like that for reading manga...hopefully more companies will start jumping on the bandwagon. So, if you have one of these reader thingies, do you like to use it for manga, or do you prefer paperbacks?

Gjallarhorn
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I buy paperbacks. I like physically owning my manga.

I believe Yen Press has an app for the iPad that lets you buy their OEL manga; I'd imagine they'd also have them available for electronic readers.

Kaitou Ace
02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I've got the sony e-reader (same screen as the latest kindle) and its not bad for manga, I've got a decent amount of volumes on it currently, and i prefer it to reading on a computer screen. As for vs the paperback, I haven't read those in ages, so hard to say for me o_o

Kusuke
02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a program that will turn manga pages into e-reader compatible images (confirmed for me only on the Kindle) and I take a crapload of manga on the go.

The program is called Mangle (http://foosoft.net/mangle/)

wizz-o-matic
02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
depends on what you want. e-readers last way longer in battery life and gives less stress on eyes when reading for long periods. Easier to read on direct sunlight too. only disadvantage atm is no color screen, and slightly slower response times.

Edit: and of course, paperback is still paperback, best for collecting manga :)