PDA

View Full Version : What does your REAL name mean?

TadashiED
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Well, I was searching the web and came across the meaning of my name. I thought it was interesting so I wondered what do your names mean?

My real name is Edwin, and it means: Rich in Friendship, wealthy/blessed friend. ^^

Post yours!

Kusuke
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
My real name is Brian, it's of Celtic origin (Just like my mom's side of the family) and it means: Strength and Honor.

Meenah
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Mine means "victory". My username means that, too.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
02-06-2011, 08:40 PM
my names Ryujin which is Dragon god in japanese

Anoleis
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
My real name is Hebrew, and it means 'savior.'

animeyay
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
My Chinese name means "howling (ocean) wave of the Tang dynasty".

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
A certain religion's follower. >_>

TadashiED
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow you guys have some interesting names! XD

MiscPsychopath
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
"God is perfection, God is my oath" "Victory of the people"

=P Double first names rock.

Artcell
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
My name means Nature. ^_^
I like the meaning!

Anuket
02-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Isn't there like a similar thread?

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?100661-What-s-your-name-meaning-in..

Megamind's Minion
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
it's love...
and yeah there was a thread like this last month...

soifong_fan
02-07-2011, 12:36 AM
my name is sue and it means lily

リッキー
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
My english name, Rickee, is associated with power, and can mean Brave Ruler. My maori name translated means both Revolving World and Return of Dawn (Another Dawning).

Genghis Beatrix
02-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Lovable.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Name is latin-based. It both means "Messenger of God" as well as "Angel of death." -- Angela.

TadashiED
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Name is latin-based. It both means "Messenger of God" as well as "Angel of death." -- Angela.

You have an awesome name meaning and name!
Angela...hehe XD

Uta-chan~
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
My name means awesome >: D

truegamenerd
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Robert Francis Rodriguez. :)

I was named after Bobby Kennedy. ^_^

SigmaSD
02-08-2011, 11:26 PM
My name means awesome >: D

Wait so *censored* stands for awesomeness? I didn't know that.

And to answer this thread for the bijillionth time, it means savior in spanish. My english nickname means salt in spanish and my spanish nickname is "Shava" which I dont even know what the hell that is supposed to mean or how it is derived from my name.

Uta-chan~
02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Wait so *censored* stands for awesomeness? I didn't know that.

Well now you know XD

S o l o
02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Mine means "God is Gracious"

Really? I felt more like mine means "Fantastical Awesomeness" >~>

Wio
02-09-2011, 12:55 AM
My real name is Brian, it's of Celtic origin (Just like my mom's side of the family) and it means: Strength and Honor.
Mine is a very bastardized version of this.

-Shizu-
02-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Christine; Follower of Christ.
...But I'm agnostic so... :/

dream magician
02-09-2011, 06:48 AM
I have two first names. First is another form of "Cecilia" and it means blind, the second is quite literal- after an antelope found mostly in Africa, in books, my name is described as someone who has gentle nature.

Himimimimi
02-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Sarah \s(a)-rah\ as a girl's name is pronounced SARE-ah. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Sarah is "Princess". Biblical: originally called Sarai[/URL], Sarah shared an adventurous nomadic life with her husband Abraham. She is described as being exceptionally beautiful[URL="http://www.thinkbabynames.com/search/0/beautiful"] (http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Sarai) even into her older years.

Sucena
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Azucena. It's from a Spanish origin meaning "Lily"
A complicated name, yet it has a simple meaning XD
Everywhere I go, people always have a difficult time saying it, unless they can speak Spanish. So when I was younger my parent give me a nickname, Susy.

This is where my user name is from! XD Sucena

Nene-Chan
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
My name-Xinya [Pronounced: Zen YA] mean's "flower" Hm...I've had people compliment my name, like how they saw it's "pretty" x3 But doe's it really?

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Apparently mine is a short version of an Indian [not native american indian] word meaning 'Lord' My 2nd name, from Mother Mary of course. But then again, I think it's Mary Goretti since we're both July.

Sir Dutchman
04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
My name pretty much means advice giver and guardian/protector, or wise protector/guardian. Pretty much someone that gives advice and tries to look out for people. Strangely enough, that's also the way I try to be, and that was since before I knew what my name meant.

Well, my name 'originated' from a name that means that, at least. But I'm not gonna share my name for now. Maybe you guys can figure out what it is from the meaning.

DOOM!
04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
My name is Han. It means "beautiful horse crossing the Hyaku-meizan mountains in springtime in the Azuka period".

Acnologia
04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Mary - Jesus' mother? Idek what else xD

~*Red*~
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
My real name is James; and it means "he who supplants".

*MayMay*
04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
My name is Latin in origin and means "to be loved." =)

Penshiru
04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Well Christopher means -Christian martyr and patron saint of travellers- which I would get from the Christ part of my name lol. Which is kinda funny because my family is not doesn't go to Church lol

I A
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
My name 'Sopal' is Cambodian. Sopal means 'The fruit of one's labor'. My moms decided to keep my name when they adopted me because they say I was certainly the fruit of their labor.

battousai_ryuu
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Jesse - Gift / "The Lord Exists" (Hebrew in origin)

marvelangga
04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
My real name is "Marlito" and... it doesn't mean a single thing!!~ @.@ I hate parents who mix the syllables of their first names for their child's; make's me feel different from the people with standard names.

p.s. I got my current username from my full real name, and I wish Marvel was my first name instead ('coz it sounds cooler... :P).

Nesh
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
My real name Marijana [pronaunced: MEHRihJHAENah] means
http://www.babynamespedia.com/mplug/0/Marijana.1.png

╠-The Neo-╣
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
My real name is Jacob and it this is its meaning:

Jacob is a old and important Old Testament Bible name. The name means "heel-grabber", or "he who supplants" because he was a twin, but born second, behind his twin brother Esau and grabbed Esau's heel as he was born. The name was prophetic- he did indeed supplant Esau vis trickery and with the air of his mother.

SuXrys
11-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Karolina

\(k)-roli-na or kar(o)-lina\
k eh - R OH - l ee - n ah <--- the english pronunciation (animeyay says ker-oh-ly-nuh)

Where I live [Sweden] we say K-ar-o (long o) -lina

for @よし (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?278300-%E3%82%88%E3%81%97)
Video of how to say it: http://www.forvo.com/word/karolina/ [click on the "play" option over Sweden]

Karolina, Carolina, Carlonine, Karolin or Carolin is a female version of the latin name Carolus that comes from the old nordic name Karl [variant of the old german name Charles] that means "free man". The name have been in Sweden since the 1500th centuary. Today the form "Caroline" a more common form of the name then Karolina. In USA the name "Karolina" is not in the top 1000.

Another site said that the name also could have the meaning "little and strong".

animeyay
11-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Karolina

\(k)-roli-na or kar(o)-lina\
k eh - R OH - l ee - n ah <--- the english pronunciation
When it's written "Carolina" in English, it would be pronounced ker-oh-ly-nuh.
But oh well, doesn't matter, since your name is Swedish lol.
A more common variant in English would be "Caroline/Carolyn", which I'll bet is more common than "Carolina".

SuXrys
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
When it's written "Carolina" in English, it would be pronounced ker-oh-ly-nuh.
But oh well, doesn't matter, since your name is Swedish lol.

Hahah, really? And I who even didn't made that "spelling" myself, but looked it up on google on a babyname site on how to write the pronunciation in english xD Have no idea on how to write those things, that swedish variant was just a wild guess on my side (thats' why I posted a video to it xD ). So.. roflol, well why thank you for helping out with the english one. ;)

A more common variant in English would be "Caroline/Carolyn", which I'll bet is more common than "Carolina".Mhweh, maybe in english but not over here! ;D
Thinking about it I don't think I have ever meet a Carolyn in my entire life :3

durpi hurp bork bork http://mmii.info/icons/HONDURAN003/movies_swedishChef.gif

animeyay
11-02-2011, 09:34 PM
[COLOR=white]Mhweh, maybe in english but not over here! ;D[COLOR=white]
Thinking about it I don't think I have ever meet a Carolyn in my entire life :3
yep, which is why I said it wouldn't matter since you're in Sweden~
nice cook btw o.o

RohanDarkling
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
My name is Gaelic and means red headed. It can be interpreted as bloody minded though... Chillingly fitting...muahahahahaha

Daken.
11-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Mason \m(a)-son\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Mason), is pronounced MAY-sun. It is of English origin, and the meaning of Mason is "one who works with stone."

Arrisu
11-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Mason \m(a)-son\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Mason), is pronounced MAY-sun. It is of English origin, and the meaning of Mason is "one who works with stone."

I've always liked the name Mason.

My name is Arianne and it is originally from the italian name, Ariana. The meaning of my name is "very holy". How boring.

RyuTama
11-02-2011, 11:34 PM
My whole name is French. My first name means "youthful", but altogether it means something along the lines of "Rebellious Princess of War"

You jelly?

Velvet_Nightmare
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Nicolas, means "victory of the people."

Guess it fits, since I love being around people. XD

solidarmor
11-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Mine name is of Old English origin, and the meaning is that of "wealthy quard" or "guardian of prosperity". Used in the Royal Family by kings of England since before the Norman Conquest.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

My name is Arianne and it is originally from the italian name, Ariana. The meaning of my name is "very holy". How boring.

I like your name, and it's not boring.

Screwby
11-03-2011, 12:25 AM
In Brazil it's weird because we have one or two first names and two or more surnames (Mum's maiden name then Dad's surname). My first name is Pedro Henrique.
Pedro- Stone, oh yeh
Henrique - Combination of home, homeland and powerful, rich, rule. So home ruler.

S o l o
11-03-2011, 02:34 AM
My name means "god is gracious"...pfft. Although my mother just named me after the asian doctor who delivered me. :3

xD

johnbryantwong
11-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Mine means "think beyond"

Loxaerion
11-03-2011, 05:55 AM
my real name means sea nymph :D

TomoyoSakagami
11-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Wayne means 'Wagon Maker'.

I'm strangley happy with that for some reason.

AzureDark
11-03-2011, 06:32 AM
My name is a combo of my mum and dad's, so it means absolutely nothing...

Xmo
11-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Mine means ''Land''
> An adventurous name and here I am sitting on my chair

SwiftKill GunToting
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
My name is Brittany.

It means "from Britain".....

marvel_phoenix
11-04-2011, 01:19 AM
First name "Fair One", middle "Full of Grace" I'm full of something, but it's not grace.... :P

Ezza Obsuna
11-04-2011, 04:53 AM
My name's Marian Vanessa.

Marian is a blend of Mary, meaning "star of the sea", and Ann which is hebrew for "grace". Variant of Marion, a French diminutive form of Marie, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām, a name of debated meaning. Many believe it to mean "sea of bitterness" or "sea of sorrow." However, some sources cite the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea."

Vanessa is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Vanessa is "butterfly".

ACBlackJ0ck
11-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Real First Name: James
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Supplanter or to Supplant

Negi
11-04-2011, 10:00 AM
My real name means "defender of mankind".

-RukiaKuchiki-
11-05-2011, 10:44 PM
my first name is nicole which means victory of the people but i go by my middle name Yuki which means snow in japanese

.Miki~
11-08-2011, 06:59 AM
My first name is Stephanie, it is from Greek Origin. It means "Crown"

-Kitsune-
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
My first name is Marissa, formed from the base word/name "Mari", meaning "of the sea".
Huh.

*Tsuki*
11-08-2011, 07:54 PM
My name is Elora.
Well, I've heard a lot of meanings for my name . . .
But the one I've heard most often is that it's Hebrew origin and meaning something along the lines of;
"Bringer of light" or "God is Light"

My Korean name was Hyun Ah.
I don't know the thoughts behind that one.

.Tatty.
11-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Alexander \a-lexa-nder, alex(an)-der\ as a boy's name is pronounced al-ek-ZAN-der. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Alexander is "man's defender, warrior".

The mug I have simply says "Defender Of Man"

Bamboobowl
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Hailee is English, and it means hay meadow. Aren't I exciting?

.Tatty.
11-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh what the heck! My Middle name is

Michael which means "He who resembles god".

So overall I'm the defender of man who resembles god.

I wonder where my huge ego came from.

bluediamond
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
My name is already my username xD... I believe it means beauty O.o? -shot-

Meyrin
11-13-2011, 07:33 PM
My first name is Sandie (Greek) and it means Defender of Mankind
My middle name is Sonia (Greek) and it means Wisdom
My Surname is Garnier (Greek) and it means Keeper of the Grainery

Xeyuzio
11-14-2011, 07:24 AM
To be loved.

Digimon_Sommelier
11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
My real name? It's Old French and means "beloved."

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...

Suzume
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
My name means "Offering to god" but mom says i'm one of the Vedas. I hate my name it is so uncommon in the place where i live and it is so hard to find a person with a same name.

blueangel06661
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Victoria \v(i)-cto-ria, vic-toria\ as a girl's name is pronounced vic-TOR-ee-ah. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Victoria is "victory". Feminine form of Victor. Victoria was a goddess who smiled on the ancient Roman people for many centuries.

It also means I need to be queen :]

SuXrys
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
My name means "Offering to god" but mom says i'm one of the Vedas. I hate my name it is so uncommon in the place where i live and it is so hard to find a person with a same name.

Then you don't know what you're talking about!! xD

Trust me on this, your situation is miles-way better then having such a common name that atleast a few others in your class shares that name with you. That means that you won't be called for "your" name during those years together, you'll be "your name" + a random letter (so people will know which one of you that they mean, or else it will be confusing). Being in that situation is not the greatest and most pleasing thing in the world, trust me on that, I have been there a few times already... *snores* At the moment, at my studies at the University, in one of my current courses I share my name with two other students... and we are only five students in total of taking that course in the first place!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Take that, you ungratful thing! xD

--------------------------------
Still, I love my name.

Geräusch
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
The terminology of my first name is ''Moon'', and the terminology of my second is ''flower''.

Ichilicious
12-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Power...?

SakuraKiss13
12-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, My name is pretty weird and lame :D

Amando -- my father said it was "French Henchman" and Rey which means King?
what kind of meaning was that?! French Henchman and King?! XD
But I'm not french.. :confused:

Angie Crystal Star
12-24-2011, 03:07 AM
My real name means dew drops...my name isn't that rare neither that wide...

aerophobia
12-24-2011, 03:43 AM
my name is kenneth and the only meaning i know is english and scottish and it means handsome :P

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

I've always liked the name Mason.

No, not boring at all. I think your name is really pretty. Its nice, not boring at all. My name is kenneth, it just SOUNDS boring when you say it lol, and all i know is that it means like handsome. how generic...

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Then you don't know what you're talking about!! xD

Trust me on this, your situation is miles-way better then having such a common name that atleast a few others in your class shares that name with you. That means that you won't be called for "your" name during those years together, you'll be "your name" + a random letter (so people will know which one of you that they mean, or else it will be confusing). Being in that situation is not the greatest and most pleasing thing in the world, trust me on that, I have been there a few times already... *snores* At the moment, at my studies at the University, in one of my current courses I share my name with two other students... and we are only five students in total of taking that course in the first place!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Take that, you ungratful thing! xD

--------------------------------
Still, I love my name.

I knew one person a while back with your same name, not spelled exactly the same but it was the same pretty much. Also, i know exactly what you mean talking about the same named people. People in school just called me by my last name because kenny was such a popular name. I cant really say i disliked it or was bothered by it really but i guess i had to get used to it lol

Konata Izumi
12-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Stephanie means 'crown' or 'crowned one' apparently.

Tetsanosuke
12-27-2011, 10:39 AM
My first name means 'Honor of God' or 'God's Honor'. My middle name is an Archangel's name.

It's like causality decided that a spiritually ambiguous person would be denoted in the light of positive religious ideas/figures.

I'm not complaining; I feel it fits me so far.

Remosaic
12-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Tyler. It means roof-top shingle builder..or basically a "person who makes tiles". *sigh* Nothing interesting.

Dorian Gray
12-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Descendant of Aelfric (elf, ruler).

katlover
12-30-2011, 07:37 AM
my real name means Traveling warrior:)