PDA

View Full Version : Girls, what qualities are you looking for in a guy?

marvelangga
02-04-2011, 07:26 AM
So, continuing from my previous thread "Girlfriend: What is it like to have one?", I then brought myself to another question. And take note: only girls should answer this thread, so if you're a guy (other than me), please don't leave a reply post here! Unless... :laugh: What qualities or traits are you looking for in a guy? I want your answers to be as true and honest as possible, thanks!~ :D

ps. if a guy (other than me) leaves a post here, he shall be cursed not to have a woman for his entire lifetime!~ j/k :laugh:

Hypatia
02-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Well the first thing I look for in a guy is personality,ambition and class. Secondly, he must good looking!

Meenah
02-04-2011, 08:24 AM
He has to be funny. I'm for a guy with a killer sense of humour. Also I like him to be fairly smart, have good hygiene, great personality, have a goal in life, in a good status class, and tall.
As for appearance, just fairly presentable. Just good looking I guess. Looks are just a plus. (: I found my ideal guy and I'm dating him now, he has all of it.

miniPhil
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I like a guy whos decisive and won't back down. So if were driving and a deer runs out in front of him he can't stop and has to keep going. But he also has to be compasionate so when he hits the deer he can't kill it. Finally he has to be able to admit he made a mistake so if he does hurt the deer he has to heal it with his good looks.

Aleyna
02-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Responsible, openminded, understanding, honest, caring, has a good sense of humor, is funny, laidback, trustworthy, protective, passionate, gets sexual innuendos, flirtatious, attractive. A guys does not have to have all of these qualities, but they are all mostly good ones to have in my opinion. :) There is one quality that a guy MUST HAVE in order to be with me though, and it is not on that list of qualities. He must know how to dance. If he does not know how to dance, then he better try to learn, because my favorite thing to do is dancing, and I like to have fun together with the person I'm dating, so they better try a few of things that I like doing(like dancing), and I will of course try some things that they like doing. ;)

Anuket
02-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Chemistry! As in like we got to have some chemistry going on to work things out. XD

In all seriousness, the most important thing I look for in a guy is... sense of humor! Then there's responsible and honesty. I don't ask much from a guy so long as he's not a creep. I'm not picky, I don't mind a guy being average because in due time I'm sure I'll find out what his uniqueness is.

I don't mind a guy being perverted when around me so long as it's just the two of us and by guy I mean boyfriend.

.Sev
02-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I like guys that aren't guys, but are actually female. And I mean naturally female.

Ellxeeva
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Simple, fun (but knows when to be serious), compassionate, respects the people I care for, has dreams and strives to achieve them, and most of all, loyal.^^

Oh, and he has to be manly... very manly... and yummeh. xD

brolyx74
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
A lot of girls say they only want a guy with a good sense of humor, but most of them are lying. If you're not attractive too them, your sense of humor won't mean anything. I also hear a lot of girls talk about how they want a nice guy who cares about them, but most of them won't even give a guy like that a chance. they'll think the nice guy is creepy and go for some d-bag who's a jerk to them.

Meteorkeeper
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
A lot of girls say they only want a guy with a good sense of humor, but most of them are lying. If you're not attractive too them, your sense of humor won't mean anything. I also hear a lot of girls talk about how they want a nice guy who cares about them, but most of them won't even give a guy like that a chance. they'll think the nice guy is creepy and go for some d-bag who's a jerk to them.

I completely agree I have seen this exact thing far too many times. And the sad reasons they give for staying with such scum are usually something like: I will help him change or he really dose care for me he just doesn’t show it. I have even had a female friend say this to me: He hits me because he loves me. (what that makes no sense) I am a pretty understanding guy but this is one topic I will more than likely never come to understand.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Hmmm... I've already a remarkable one, but he fits the criteria so I might as well list them:

+PERSONALITY

- Intelligent (if he's dumb as a brick, it's not going to work).
- Mischevious/Trollish (grew up in a family of "trolls;" thus I enjoy the humor)
- Good sense of humor.
- A guy who likes to chill and doesn't mind being a home-body; but enjoys going out and doing things, too.
- NERD: must enjoy video games, anime, sci fi and fantasy, and bad martial arts flicks
- Someone who knows what its like to have been bullied/ridiculed, so he has gained self confidence with humility.
- Doesn't get butthurt over the small stuff.
- NOT JEALOUS, VIOLENT, or POSESSIVE
- Exhibits self control
- Responsible and goal-oriented (yet pleasantly laid back and not OCD)
- Tidy, but not a neat freak or slob
- Possibly someone in need of emotional comforting who's willing to lay in my arms and seek my advice when needed. <3
- Extrovert

+APPEARANCE

- Despite my previously shallow tastes, I always ended up with rather "fugly" looking guys. To me, they were adorable! I <3 dorks ^^
- has to have "nice" eyes (emotionally expressive). Green preferred?
- Good kissing lips/kisser (bad kissers ...boo).
- Hopefully tall (I'm 5'2"; it's not hard to be taller than me).
- Slightly...pudgy. Not rotund, but a bit soft. Toned is nice to look at, but there's nothing like snuggling with a soft, cushiony boy. <3
- Good teeth (they all have to be there and mostly straight).

Other than that, I can't even say "handsome." I'm attracted to pleasantly awkward guys. They can't be hideous, note, but they can't be too handsome, either. I just don't feel comfortable with a pretty boy. I want my Tenchi, Keichi, Hideki. Awkward, sweet, and trollish... I want mah boy to play video games with me and eat my cookies. <3

TenguSan
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Hmmm... I've already a remarkable one, but he fits the criteria so I might as well list them:

+PERSONALITY

- Intelligent (if he's dumb as a brick, it's not going to work).
- Mischevious/Trollish (grew up in a family of "trolls;" thus I enjoy the humor)
- Good sense of humor.
- A guy who likes to chill and doesn't mind being a home-body; but enjoys going out and doing things, too.
- NERD: must enjoy video games, anime, sci fi and fantasy, and bad martial arts flicks
- Someone who knows what its like to have been bullied/ridiculed, so he has gained self confidence with humility.
- Doesn't get butthurt over the small stuff.
- NOT JEALOUS, VIOLENT, or POSESSIVE
- Exhibits self control
- Responsible and goal-oriented (yet pleasantly laid back and not OCD)
- Tidy, but not a neat freak or slob
- Possibly someone in need of emotional comforting who's willing to lay in my arms and seek my advice when needed. <3
- Extrovert

+APPEARANCE

- Despite my previously shallow tastes, I always ended up with rather "fugly" looking guys. To me, they were adorable! I <3 dorks ^^
- has to have "nice" eyes (emotionally expressive). Green preferred?
- Good kissing lips/kisser (bad kissers ...boo).
- Hopefully tall (I'm 5'2"; it's not hard to be taller than me).
- Slightly...pudgy. Not rotund, but a bit soft. Toned is nice to look at, but there's nothing like snuggling with a soft, cushiony boy. <3
- Good teeth (they all have to be there and mostly straight).

Other than that, I can't even say "handsome." I'm attracted to pleasantly awkward guys. They can't be hideous, note, but they can't be too handsome, either. I just don't feel comfortable with a pretty boy. I want my Tenchi, Keichi, Hideki. Awkward, sweet, and trollish... I want mah boy to play video games with me and eat my cookies. <3

wish there were more girls like you v-v

Infinita
02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I am so not holding out on this one. :3

Funny: I have a sick sense of humour. If he can understand my dirty mind, make jokes that can be offensive in any possible way, know how to be original and uniquely funny, that is a start. Someone who can make me smile on a good or bad day.

Personality: I want a guy that has lots of interests in common with me. Like, I love watching and playing certain sports. Can learn to relax and read a book or watch tv. Be lazy, fun, corky, charming...that kinda thing. Someone who has goals, plans in the near future for any kind of thing, who has ambition. Someone who already has something going on like a job that works well with them or is going to have an education. I like someone who likes to debate with me on any relavent subject like politics but only when I want to which isn't often or if it's something regarding my education. I like the Thinker kinda guy.

Life Style: I want them to be proactive and actually go out and do something. Such as going swimming with me or going for a walk on a nice winter day. I like to go out and be spontaneous sometimes. Someone who wants to be healthy and do something about there weight or body for themselves and not for someone else. I like someone who can surprise me really good.

Good looks: I use to be very picky about this but I became less picky over time. As long as I find a guy attractive, that is a plus to me since personality and traits come first. Such as having very piercing eye colors. I find that catches my eye real fast. Someone who cares about there body such as like there hygiene and someone who is perfectly content with there size that there body is at.

Traits: To me, this is the biggest thing for me. I want a guy that isn't shy or can open up easily. Be honest with me, not lie to me, not make up excuses to ditch me for someone else. That won't cheat. That will speak his mind when he is upset or when something is bugging him to communicate with me. Someone who knows to be mature when it's appropriate. Someone who is content with there life either single or not. Someone who will change for themselves and not for someone else. Someone who is very passionate about anything/everything in there lives. Someone who will love me for me and not for what I look like.

Well, that's all I got. lol Is that good enough? :3

Meteorkeeper
02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Ya so we need to clone CMNDR_Spinxie, there are far too few of you in the world right now.
That is a refreshing change of pace.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I completely agree I have seen this exact thing far too many times. And the sad reasons they give for staying with such scum are usually something like: I will help him change or he really dose care for me he just doesn’t show it. I have even had a female friend say this to me: He hits me because he loves me. (what that makes no sense) I am a pretty understanding guy but this is one topic I will more than likely never come to understand.

It seems to me that this is a problem with a lot of girls who have self-worth issues. They feel that men who mistreat them are somewhat of a personal challenge in which they can validate themselves somehow: whether through changing the beast into a prince or by gaining the beast's favor somehow, they seek to please their stubborn (and oft abusive) lovers. Most times they don't even realize they're doing this to themselves, but it gives them some sort of feeling of importance/meaning.
It's really unfortunate.

But as far as what YokoKuwabara said: they're not necessarily LYING when girls say they want a man with a good sense of humor. They just happen to want a guy who has that AND good looks, too, apparently. Lucky for most of us: people's opinions on "good looks" can vary. ;P

blueangel06661
-Humor. I once considered dating a guy who had no sense of humor. Gosh forbid if I made a sammich or kitchen joke... MYSELF... So I like knowing that I can crack a joke around them without them freaking out about it.. Same with relationship jokes. Like my BF told me he was going to give 100 other girls roses for valentines day but none for me.. And I make the same type of jokes towards him and we laugh about it.

-Super Nice Smile. Nice smiles kill me. I never really noticed it till recently though. All the people I liked had a dang good smile that I could stare at forever.

-Open Minded. I'm well aware that our hobbies/personalities won't always match well. But as long as you accept some of the quirky things I like/do.. It's all good. But at least have some interest in anime or video games.

-Also understand you can't yell at me. I'll cry for sure... I'd prefer not being treated like nothing. Been there put up with it [still do from a good friend sometimes] but as a love interest I don't need it. I just want to casually chill and watch football on the weekends and go out to dinner every now n then. Walk around the mall and buy nothing but candy from the candy store!! =D

Uta-chan~
One that can put up with me! ^^

MiscPsychopath
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Hm... I is looking for a guy that is taller then me and likes to hang out with me and my friends.
Must like my best friend's husband and must love to play video games, first person shooters prefered.
Must also smell nice and by that I don't mean spraying himself down with some kind of spray, bleh. It burns my nose. Just shower and put on some DO.
Lean muscle build is prefered, I don't like just plain skinny or overly worked out.
Teeth must be nice and clean.
He needs to be able to laugh at just about anything since my friends and I find humor in the dumbest of situations.
Has to be somewhat protective, just able to be told to back down by me.
Longest hair, no shaving of the head allowed.

Hm.. if I think of anything else I will say. =3

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
If I was a girl, I would like a guy like myself.

http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Ya so we need to clone CMNDR_Spinxie, there are far too few of you in the world right now.
That is a refreshing change of pace.

Awwuh! Thank you! <3
(And you, too, Tengu-kun!)

OH! I also forgot:

RANDOM FETISH:
- glasses (HOH!)
- blushes during...things. >D

Nanobyte
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I like guys that aren't guys, but are actually female. And I mean naturally female.
So basically an Oreo boyfriend? Girl on the inside in a male body?

I like a guy to be slightly funny, sarcastic, and hard to get. If someone wants me too much I lose interest.
Also, he has to be at least average looking, do some sports and he has to share my love for moe and anime. Also, he needs to cuddle me a lot. Gifts are quite welcome as well.

Haters gonna hate.

Kusuke
02-04-2011, 04:13 PM

I respectfully DISAGREE. I have seen very few girls that actually ONLY want a sense of humor. Though I will admit that a sense of humor is pretty necessary in this day and age. Usually looks are on the list as well, so you'd know before hand that they are looking for someone who at least (May have more) has a sense of humor AND an appearance that is attractive to them. I see appearence as a true requirement since you could have the greatest personality on Earth, but relationships need two people who have a mutual physical attraction.

Your second point is why I see personality as an "almost" requirement. Behaviour can sometimes influence relationship decisions regardless of the true nature of someone's personality. While it may seem illogical to most guys (And it is), we do not see things as women do and are thus unable to comprehend such decisions accurately. As Spinxie said it seems to be a nurturing or correcting challenge for them... I honestly can't begin to try to understand it.

I do like this thread though, a lot of people are being pretty honest about what they want.

Nevaeh
02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Ah, I’m a simple woman. Intelligence in their field and in general with no arrogance, a natural curiosity about the world, an open mind, empathy, and good/rare taste in movies, music, books, and art (doesn’t necessarily have to be everything I like) is really what I’m attracted to. To me, looks and social-economic class are less important and if he is does have those initial internal qualities I find attractive, I will find him more and more physically attractive.

John Watson
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
For me to be attracted to any guy he must have all of the following:

- Good looking...at least remotely cute. I aint THAT shallow >.>;
- Funny, can take a joke.
- Has to be ticklish...its a turn on for me
- Nice full head of hair
- Cute smile
- Open-minded and understanding

Is that too much? o.o;

allisone101
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
im guy and i no im ot suppose to comment but i like what u had to say a lot infinita!

Meenah
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Fetishes? How did that end up there? I think the nerdy talk will get me kind of excited. xD What got me to like the nerdy-like guys is because of my older brother. He has his nerdy friends over when he used to live in with us. So I grew up to it all and I see an ideal guy that is like that. :'D I also like a guy being bad, but when its only needed. ;P

@Yoko
I'm not guilty for that, but there are some times that a guy is really funny and I love them to death. But they're not that great looking, but I don't reject them in any way. I go for what I want and the best I could offer is friendship. Plus, I don't like like the person. I want to feel that first then date. Yeah. ;/ But I'm not guilty for it at all. As for dating someone good looking and abuses me in any way, I leave them. I don't need it. >>;

btw, @CMNDR
You really describe the very detail of my boyfriend and all his ways and physical appearance. But he doesn't look like a nerd/dork. Just looks like an ordinary guy that happens to look real cute. ^_^
I love your choice in guys, too~

Wio
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
The theory that I've heard quite a bit is the 20% theory, which states that almost all young girls go for the top 20% of men, i.e. the alpha males. The alphas aren't necessarily d-bags, but because they have 5 girls after them many end up becoming d-bags. It's sort of like a power corrupts situation. The alphas date a lot of women and cheat on a lot of women. In the case where an alpha resists temptation, it's possible that a lasting relationship can occur.
As for the bottom 80%, i.e. the betas, they can get a girlfriend, but usually he's just being strung along until she can upgrade. There are many reasons you'd want to string along a beta, they buy you stuff, they offer emotional support, and they rarely cheat. The problem is they're just not attractive (biologically speaking).

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Fetishes? How did that end up there? I think the nerdy talk will get me kind of excited. xD What got me to like the nerdy-like guys is because of my older brother. He has his nerdy friends over when he used to live in with us. So I grew up to it all and I see an ideal guy that is like that. :'D I also like a guy being bad, but when its only needed. ;P

@Yoko
I'm not guilty for that, but there are some times that a guy is really funny and I love them to death. But they're not that great looking, but I don't reject them in any way. I go for what I want and the best I could offer is friendship. Plus, I don't like like the person. I want to feel that first then date. Yeah. ;/ But I'm not guilty for it at all. As for dating someone good looking and abuses me in any way, I leave them. I don't need it. >>;

btw, @CMNDR
You really describe the very detail of my boyfriend and all his ways and physical appearance. But he doesn't look like a nerd/dork. Just looks like an ordinary guy that happens to look real cute. ^_^
I love your choice in guys, too~

Yeah, I pretty much ended up describing my male-type (or boyfriend, if you will). ^,^ <3

I'll agree completely about the nerdy/tech talk. It makes my heart a-flutter! lol!

Kusuke
02-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The theory that I've heard quite a bit is the 20% theory, which states that almost all young girls go for the top 20% of men, i.e. the alpha males. The alphas aren't necessarily d-bags, but because they have 5 girls after them many end up becoming d-bags. It's sort of like a power corrupts situation. The alphas date a lot of women and cheat on a lot of women. In the case where an alpha resists temptation, it's possible that a lasting relationship can occur.
As for the bottom 80%, i.e. the betas, they can get a girlfriend, but usually he's just being strung along until she can upgrade. There are many reasons you'd want to string along a beta, they buy you stuff, they offer emotional support, and they rarely cheat. The problem is they're just not attractive (biologically speaking).

While that is a theory that exists, I don't think it is the correct one. We are not like the rest of the animal kingdom. With YOUNG girls this is the case, but as maturity increases reasoning capacity this theory ceases to be true. Plus, no one can definitively state (even as a theory since there is no supporting evidence) that 80% of the male population appear as unnattractive but good for free stuff and loyalty. (Though I won't disagree that there ARE people like this).

Girls (as far as I know) don't get a boyfriend just so they can have someone to tag a long until they can upgrade. I could be wrong, but why get a boyfriend if all you want is a better one? Constant progression is impossible. As I understand it, forming relationships allows one to understand what they want out of a relationship. You find what you like, what you don't like. You may even change how you view things (such as attractiveness). If you find someone who meets your standards and forms a mutual connection with you, then you may as well BE an "alpha" male relative to that person. No two people think exactly alike. While two (or more) girls may find one guy attractive, they may have different tastes and expectations in general.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 09:46 PM
While that is a theory that exists, I don't think it is the correct one. We are not like the rest of the animal kingdom. With YOUNG girls this is the case, but as maturity increases reasoning capacity this theory ceases to be true. Plus, no one can definitively state (even as a theory since there is no supporting evidence) that 80% of the male population appear as unnattractive but good for free stuff and loyalty. (Though I won't disagree that there ARE people like this).

Girls (as far as I know) don't get a boyfriend just so they can have someone to tag a long until they can upgrade. I could be wrong, but why get a boyfriend if all you want is a better one? Constant progression is impossible. As I understand it, forming relationships allows one to understand what they want out of a relationship. You find what you like, what you don't like. You may even change how you view things (such as attractiveness). If you find someone who meets your standards and forms a mutual connection with you, then you may as well BE an "alpha" male relative to that person. No two people think exactly alike. While two (or more) girls may find one guy attractive, they may have different tastes and expectations in general.

First "Why get a boyfriend if all you want is a better one?"

A lot of girls like company and attention. They may settle for a guy they are not completely satisfied with just for the sake of shared company. Some do it more selfishly, others more harmlessly. People like a snuggle-buddy, people generally like affection and feeling needed/wanted/cared-for in whatever way possible. Thus, some girls will settle into a relationship they're "okay with."

Then, sometimes through no fault of anyone's, a better qualifier happens by and she is drawn to them. Dating is a process, as you said, of learning. Thus, people aren't going to get it right all the time. Some girls though DO take advantage of their admirers callously. Boo to them. >P

As for the 20% theory, I agree that for a lot of young girls, it seems the case. They want the epitome of desire -- what it's conceived as being (Whether it's the bad boy or the jock, or the mysterious goth kid everyone else wants), since they're somewhat programmed to see that as what's "good." Hopefully they'll snap out of it and learn to see the worthwhile 80%.

We are programmed by media to be a superficial and shallow society. We praise beauty, athletic skill, wealth ...superficial things. Until a girl learns to break out of that habit and sees what's actually valuable, then she learns to broaden her horizons, so to speak.

Wio
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM

It doesn't matter whether a person can reason if they don't use it when selecting a mate. For the most part, people aren't typically attracted to the people that would most reasonably suit our condition. Most people do not use reason to decide who they date, rather just they have minimum standards. It's a spontaneous thing.

Also I've seen plenty of girls string guys along and thrown them to the curb when they were done. Most of the betas didn't see it coming either.

under the rain
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
No love for introverts. ='[ This makes me sad.

Lily Hayashi
02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
For me a guy would have to
1: Be able to put up with me
2: Must, be funny
3: open minded
4: MUST LOVE ANIME!!!!!
Thats pretty much it.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM

Introverts are cute too. Especially if they have a soft center.
The problem is that most of them come with too much emotional drama and baggage. Guys don't like it. Girls don't like it much either. :/

Anime Forum
02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
The qualities I look for in a guy is.... wait, where am I? What is this!?

Cantelope
02-05-2011, 12:47 AM
The qualities girls look for in men are either girth or length.

SigmaSD
02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Am I the only one still asking myself "WHAT DO WOMEN WANT?!!!"

Technically speaking, most girls would have longer list of things they would want in a partner. Cause according to evolutionary psyhology, a woman wants to find the perfect traits for when it comes to the time when the male will support them and their children. Now I looked on here and I've come to see that most girls do have a large list of things they want in a male. The only downside is that it will be hard to find everything you could want in a guy, so you'll have to be able to sacrifice certain expectations just so long as you can acquire other ones.

Most likely a guys list would just have he following:
-Attractiveness
-Compatibility
-Trust/Honesty (which leans over into fidelity)

Wio
02-05-2011, 01:29 AM

Technically speaking, most girls would have longer list of things they would want in a partner. Cause according to evolutionary psyhology, a woman wants to find the perfect traits for when it comes to the time when the male will support them and their children. Now I looked on here and I've come to see that most girls do have a large list of things they want in a male. The only downside is that it will be hard to find everything you could want in a guy, so you'll have to be able to sacrifice certain expectations just so long as you can acquire other ones.

-Attractiveness
-Compatibility
Ultimately, you just have to stop putting effort into impressing or pleasing some girl and let the chips fall where they may.
If you can overcome the notion that you got to have a girlfriend you'll be much happier.

Skylar1
02-05-2011, 01:31 AM
ah, it's not that bad.

At least we have our knowledge. Extensive, extensive knowledge..

SigmaSD
02-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Ultimately, you just have to stop putting effort into impressing or pleasing some girl and let the chips fall where they may.
If you can overcome the notion that you got to have a girlfriend you'll be much happier.

Of course, to some degree.

But we still have a sort of stone age mentality so its natural for guys to think that they'll be happier with a girl. I mean think about it; being with a girl means there is a high chance to pass on your genes and if you can do that then you're still in the gene pool. Of course, people dont really think that, its all subconsciously.And also, social pressures push guys to strive towards getting a partner. Since it boosts up a guys status in a way if he manages to have a girlfriend. There are a lot of rewards that come with obtaining a girlfriend, so therefore most guys strive towards obtaining one.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-05-2011, 01:47 AM

-Attractiveness
-Compatibility

That's pretty much what the ladies have described here as their wants. They just go into broader detail about the specifics. :P

SigmaSD
02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
That's pretty much what the ladies have described here as their wants. They just go into broader detail about the specifics. :P

Yeah I'm aware of that, and its great to see a lot of variety considering it means that a wide range of guys have a chance of acquiring a girl. But I did see that a lot of girls wanted humor and intelligence. Or just humor itself. To be witty means to be smart and be able to make connections that people will understand. Therefore humor and intelligence go hand in hand.

Wio
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Of course, to some degree.

But we still have a sort of stone age mentality so its natural for guys to think that they'll be happier with a girl. I mean think about it; being with a girl means there is a high chance to pass on your genes and if you can do that then you're still in the gene pool. Of course, people dont really think that, its all subconsciously.And also, social pressures push guys to strive towards getting a partner. Since it boosts up a guys status in a way if he manages to have a girlfriend. There are a lot of rewards that come with obtaining a girlfriend, so therefore most guys strive towards obtaining one.
It doesn't matter what other guys do though.
You have been able to overcome a lot of your instincts due to laws and deterrents.
You just have to overcome the biological and social pressures to chase.
There is no "to some degree" about it.

Aleyna
02-05-2011, 03:11 AM
they give for staying with such scum are usually something like: I will help him change

Just because you love someone, doesn't mean that you can or they will change for you. Ultimately, they have to change for themselves.

And girls should honestly think about this quote: Yea, sometimes people deserve seconds chances, it's just I don't think you deserve a second chance. :P

So basically an Oreo boyfriend? Girl Also, he needs to cuddle me a lot.

I love cuddling! Honestly, I'm a very affectionate and physical person in a relationship, haha, I'm guilty of PDAing. I'm not clingy, like I don't got to be with my boopka a lot, I enjoy having my alone time and time for friends, but when I am with him, I'm pretty playful! Hehe! ;)

When I read this, I thought of a ninja. XD Yea, if a guy can have some intelligent conversations, especially about music for some reason, that's always a turn on to me. Another fetish? Guys with nice arms. I like being wrapped around in some nice arms, because I feel safe and secure. :) If a guy smells good, that is an automatic turn on. Automatic. I already mentioned if a guy can dance, that's a turn on.

OtakuInu!!!
02-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Chivalry/gentlemanliness. Understanding. His status in life. Interests. Looks.

TheyCallMeFei
02-05-2011, 03:47 AM
I like guys I can get along with, generally speaking.

Anuket
02-05-2011, 04:20 AM

Nice guys aren't creepy, heck I don't even find perverted guys that creepy. Sense of humor attracts a lot in my opinion, without it I'd probably go mad of not knowing what to discuss with the guy.

Do not despair! I sometimes find introverts very appealing because most of the time they're very mysterious or that's probably just me, I mean I love mystery and whatnot.

Even though I have simply stated out what I look for in a guy, I figured that it would be better if I just lay it all out, so here goes:

As a man he has to stand up for what he believes in and is not afraid to voice out whatever is on his mind;
A man who sucks it up no matter the outcome of his actions, who takes responsibility for things he does;
Is smart enough to start a debate with me regardless of the issue;
Physically and mentally challenging, and is not afraid to argue with my opinions;
Romantic in his own way and sensitive;

Basically, a man who knows how to control... things. Bah, I know it sounds a bit masochist or whatever but I really don't care. ^ ^

brolyx74
02-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I saw a lot of girls saying a guy must have an open mind. Is that girl code for, "he must be able to change his mind to agree with me of sh*t will go down?" I feel like all open mind means is "I'm always right, and your always wrong, so as long as you can work that out in your tiny brain, everything will be fine."

Skylar1
02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I saw a lot of girls saying a guy must have an open mind. Is that girl code for, "he must be able to change his mind to agree with me of will go down?" I feel like all open mind means is "I'm always right, and your always wrong, so as long as you can work that out in your tiny brain, everything will be fine."
that seems like a pretty broad assumption there.

any evidence for your claim?

under the rain
02-05-2011, 10:13 AM
that seems like a pretty broad assumption there.

any evidence for your claim?
Well what the f- else is it supposed to mean?

Skylar1
02-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Well what the else is it supposed to mean?
My guess would probably be the most obvious one. Open mindedness = being open to new ideas and activities that you might be otherwise reluctant at first?

o_o;

miniPhil
02-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Well what the f- else is it supposed to mean?
open-minded
adj
having a mind receptive to new ideas, arguments, etc.; unprejudiced
open-mindedly adv
open-mindedness n

So basically the opposite of stubborn.

Kusuke
02-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I saw a lot of girls saying a guy must have an open mind. Is that girl code for, "he must be able to change his mind to agree with me of sh*t will go down?" I feel like all open mind means is "I'm always right, and your always wrong, so as long as you can work that out in your tiny brain, everything will be fine."

If they're whipped, then sure that's what they'll believe it means. An open mind does not mean a submissive mind.

NELiXERY
02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
If they're whipped, then sure that's what they'll believe it means. An open mind does not mean a submissive mind.
An open mind is EXACTLY a submissive mind when it comes to girls, my friend.

They also want money and looks.

So if you don't have... money, looks or submissiveness... you better start looking for the promotion, buying the face cream and stop with the video games, anime, comic books, cars, movies and anything else you're interested in that she isn't.

Kusuke
02-05-2011, 11:03 AM
An open mind is EXACTLY a submissive mind when it comes to girls, my friend.

They also want money and looks.

So if you don't have... money, looks or submissiveness... you better start looking for the promotion, buying the face cream and stop with the video games, anime, comic books, cars, movies and anything else you're interested in that she isn't.

No it doesn't, what you call an open mind is just a "Yes, Ma'am" mentality. I don't believe that being submissive is a requirement, I can say that definitively since I am NOT a submissive person and I've had several successful relationships. To solve the interest conflicts all you have to do is date someone that has a few of the same interests you do... You may say that's hard, but again I'd beg to differ.