PDA

View Full Version : uncommon anime suggestions?

animemaniac321
02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
just like the title says. i just finished watching Le Chevalier D'Eon. please don't put down stuff like naruto or bleach or black butler. i already sorta follow bleach and i gave up on naruto and black butler just doesn't click for me. i'm pretty open to any suggestions as long as it has very minimal romance in it. please and thank you :D

soifong_fan
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
umm how about
Bloody Kiss
maid sama
School Rumble
and Ichigo 100% is really a good anime if u like so

Gjallarhorn
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
umm how about
Bloody Kiss
maid sama
School Rumble
and Ichigo 100% is really a good anime if u like so

He said "minimal romance"...which discounts all of those.
That being said "minimal romance" is pretty much the only thing you mentioned...that is just way too vague. I'll list a few, but consider the quantity to be...minimal.

Blue Submarine No. 6
Mnesomyne
Last Exile
House of Five Leaves
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Black Lagoon (as well as The Second Barrage and Roberta's Bloodtrail)
Desert Punk
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Gender
Kikaider
Mobile Suit Gundam
Akira
Darker Than Black
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Kino's Journey

...that's what I can see from where I am presently sitting that meets your requirements.

Kaitou+
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

Jewunit
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

It's shorter than most, if you liked Detective Conan, Code Geass, etc... You will like this as well.

under the rain
02-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Code Geass, Trigun, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Kino's Journey

Some I could think of off the top of my head.

animemaniac321
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
thanks you guys for the list! higurashi is a lot more popular than most people think .__. i've seen kino's journey twice, cowboy beep bop is a great series and i saw samurai champloo. Darker than black is already on my watch list and where can i find akira? i've always wanted to see that.

blueangel06661
02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
* = Most recommended by me though

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 *
Angel Beats
Black Rock Shooter
Eden of the East *
Ride Back *
Shangri-La
Shiki

animemaniac321
02-03-2011, 07:11 PM
meeeeh. i actually STRONGLY disliked angel beats (maybe its because my big brother is massive fangirl about series like this. *shrug*) i'm a little iffy about eden of the east. i heard it was good from my sister but what's it about?

blueangel06661
02-03-2011, 07:15 PM
meeeeh. i actually STRONGLY disliked angel beats (maybe its because my big brother is massive fangirl about series like this. *shrug*) i'm a little iffy about eden of the east. i heard it was good from my sister but what's it about?

Because your brother is a massive fangirl about something doesn't mean it isn't worth a watch or something. It's sorta like judging a book by it's cover.

Eden of the East was pretty good. A summary can be found at this link below since my summaries are blahh..

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/eden-of-the-east

animeyay
02-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Level E, currently ongoing, is really really good!
And its theme and settings are on the unique side of the pool, also.

Gjallarhorn
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Eden of the East was, without a shadow of a doubt, the best anime of 2009. It's about a lot of things; primarily heroism, terrorism, and some social commentary.

Senjou_Akira
02-04-2011, 05:00 AM
minimal romance eh? these are the animes i that would fit that

Blassreiter
Durarara
Kuroshitsuji
Bakemonogatari

animemaniac321
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Because your brother is a massive fangirl about something doesn't mean it isn't worth a watch or something. It's sorta like judging a book by it's cover.

Eden of the East was pretty good. A summary can be found at this link below since my summaries are blahh..

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/eden-of-the-east

thx for the link. i've already seen angel beats before but i mean. it just never really clicked for me. sure it had its funny moments but i dont know. i just dont like it as much :T

MirrorToTheMoon
02-05-2011, 02:57 AM
A few favourites off the top of my head.
-Durarara!!
-Baccano!
-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
-Natsume Yuujinchou
-Sora no Woto
-Yozakura Quartet
-Pandora Hearts
-Tegami Bachi

OtakuInu!!!
02-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Tales of Phantasia

truegamenerd
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Ushio and Tora.

Penshiru
02-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the NHK
its more of a psychological show and I haven't seen an anime like that before

OtakuInu!!!
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

animemaniac321
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the NHK
its more of a psychological show and I haven't seen an anime like that before
I saw an ad for it in tokyopop's takuhai. do you know the difference between the manga and the anime? the manga seemed somehwhat interesting.

Penshiru
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I haven't read the manga yet and I just started watching Welcome to the NHK. I've done some research and the anime doesn't have the drug problems like in the manga. There is some romantic themes in it. But overall its funny and kind of serious. But in the end I think its uncommon anime because I haven't seen an anime with a psychological problem yet.

~ Hope you find the anime that you want :) ( sorry I couldn't be that much of a help )

animemaniac321
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I haven't read the manga yet and I just started watching Welcome to the NHK. I've done some research and the anime doesn't have the drug problems like in the manga. There is some romantic themes in it. But overall its funny and kind of serious. But in the end I think its uncommon anime because I haven't seen an anime with a psychological problem yet.

~ Hope you find the anime that you want :) ( sorry I couldn't be that much of a help )

oh. that's ok. i still have a lot on my watchlist. i just finished kino's journey. if you like something metaphorical, that's a good series. i'll check it out later. thanks :D

TadashiED
02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Minimal romance...
K-ON!
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

nijiakarui-san
08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Elfen lied :3

Immoral
08-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

That and also:

Bastard
Iria
Angel Heart
Break Blade

Darkhallows
08-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Lol at all the people suggesting super popular shows.

Black Lagoon maybe?

cannotpic
08-24-2011, 09:07 AM
you can watch Full Metal Panic.....It is not so much good but it is a good anime to watch

shellingxford
08-25-2011, 05:43 AM
DN angel
gungrave
kyou kara maoh
deadman wonderland
high school of the dead
persona: trinity soul
blood +
gunxsword
outlaw star
valkyria chronicles