PDA

View Full Version : Good Parent?

Shini
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Do you think you'd make a good parent? I think I'd make a good father. My mom had three more kids after I was 14, so I've got the basics of early childcare pretty much down. I figure it'll be even tougher as they get older, but all in all I think I'd make a good dad.

~*Red*~
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I reckon I'd be a good dad, when I'm not out fighting fires or attending a motor vehicle accident at midnight or one or two o'clock in the morning that is.

Anime Forum
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Implying none of us aren't parents yet?

But yes, I would make a good father. I've pretty good at babysitting so I'm sure I can raise a kid. I know it isn't easy but I'd do it and I believe I could do it.

MirrorToTheMoon
02-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Not really >.> I hate little children.

Meenah
02-02-2011, 05:25 AM
I think I would make a good mom. I have 2 younger sisters, a lot of little cousins, a niece and nephew, and baby-sat my boyfriend's brother and sister so I have experience of taking care of little kids as if they were my own. Its real stressful, its a lot of work but I think is when you love them so much it doesn't matter. And I know those are just other people, but the feeling I guess, will be completely different because they're your own.

sugarburn
02-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Not so great, actually, because kids need lots of structure... but I tend to hate it. But I would be good as the awesome adult who takes them places and lets them do fun things that their parent won't.

Srk
02-02-2011, 05:50 AM
I always say I don't want to be a parent, because my kids will end up just like me. This is a very scary thought.

Other than that, I feel I'd either be too lax or too strict with them. I have yet to find my own happy medium, so I doubt I'll find it with kids.

dream magician
02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
I guess I'd be passable for a good mom- I like children and I study them as a whole at school ( course related), still, it's always undetermined..

Senjou_Akira
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
imagining that would something... yeah happy and nice, but i'd prefer to be an older sibling though. it's fun to be children at times coz they can teach you the simple happiness you can gain in simple things, but i don't think i can be good at such responsibility yet.

it's very seldom that i get surrounded by younger people though. i'm usually the youngest everywhere i go. i have a big brother but he's just a year older and we treat each other like we are of the same age :) but there are times, no it usually happens, that i search for a big brother figure in almost everywhere i go.

Anuket
02-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I think so, yeah. I mean I do love kids - the nice ones of course. XD Meh... In all seriousness, I really do thing I'd be a good mom. I get really motherly-protective when I see a child or even towards my bf... >.< I always have the urge to protect or teach or help someone and it's fun being called "mom". ^ ^

John Watson
02-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I cant be a parent...if I despise little kids. Damn brats..

They're cute though -.-;

But no...maybe..in the future? =/

.Sev
02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't know, I might break it if I had the chance of owning a baby. And man would that be a mess to clean up.

Hypatia
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
I would not a very good parent. I don't like children especially young children. Children need parents who are patient and understanding in most situations both of which I am not.

Furore
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I can't imagine I'd be a good parent by the established conventions.
I'd be too busy teaching him to be his own man, the best ways to beat the crap out of his school bullies, how awesome rock and metal are...

-GAZKUL-
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
always figured that i'd be pretty good but a graduste of the "tough love" school of parenting. just as long as the kid didn't grow up to support the Steelers :angry1:

brolyx74
02-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I never want kids, I hate kids, I don't even think they're cute. I'd probably be a terrible parent because I'd put my career way ahead of my kids. Also, I'd be bad with them probably until they became a teenager when they didn't want to be around me. Then it'd be fine

Meteorkeeper
04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I can see myself being a pretty good dad but this is one of those things you never know until you try.

Navigator
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I really think that I would be a fantastic parent. I am already
great with young children, and most of them are just drawn to
me, unless they are brats. I love to play with kids, so like me for that,
but I also think that I have a system of discipline for when they act
out. I won't be one of those parents that just let their child get away
with anything! When they need discipline they will get it. None of that
sitting in a corner, or taking a toy or phone away. They are gonna get
a damn spanking. It's what my siblings and I got when we were growing up
and it's what my own children will get! I don't think it's bad. I don't feel abused
or whatever because of all that. That is just a bunch of bull!

Anoleis
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Nope. I lack empathy and sympathy to a degree that would devastate a child's up-bringing.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I think I make an amazing mother xD [ woah not modest there o.o]

I think I would make a great mother, because although I am the youngest only child of the 2nd wife, and had nannies, I was raised very well by my parents ^^ I was an understanding child who did not ask for much because I knew my parents were sometimes quarreling about lack of money. Although they still have me a lot I never asked for, I still accepted them touched. I learned from that I guess.

The Move:
Also, when my mother and I were separated when I came to USA, when I was only 10 years old, I was always surrounded by little children in these parties I'm forced to go to o.o And although I do not know them, in an instinct, I looked after them and just went with what they wanted. And still today, whenever I was there, I am always entrusted with the children. I did whatever they wanted and refused very rarely [in most cases because it's a bad idea to do or if I'm getting too tired lol]. Hey! I even got to play with moonsand XD how fun lol The little girl I was changing diapers for is now a big~little girl ^.^ Although she still doesn't speak very much, probably I am guessing because she can't decide weather to speak english; one she always hears around her, or filipino; language her parents talk to her to.
Anyways, its just my instincts I suppose.

Night with terrible parents:
But seriously, since I have observed a lot of parenting from others, I see their flaw in raising a child. [Since currently, I am with my half sister and her family. Man, I hate this place because it is chaos -.- I would be awakened because of my cousin's screams and their terrible parenting in the first place. -_- Sigh and I just tell my saint of a mother about my terrible night through the phone after surviving the night with loud music. Though with not enough sleep. My cousins are most of the time a bit haughty, yell and curse at their parents, and one is too much of a rebel, and that's why she's on a case right naw -_- idiot. But of course, the parents are to blame as well.

Nesh
04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Well I'm not so good at predicting the future....But of course I will ^^
[I actually hope so]

*MayMay*
04-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I think I would be a good parent... I still consider myself a kid at heart so I'm hoping that means I'll be a fun mommy some day. ^-^

╬Karami Mew~Meow
04-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I think I would be a good parent... I still consider myself a kid at heart so I'm hoping that means I'll be a fun mommy some day. ^-^

Hahah exactly~ :3 I'll go take my dumplings sky diving, dirt biking, mountain climbing, jet skiing, etcetc XD I'll toughen up my little dumplings in the future lol

Kaname Shikara
04-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't like kids >.<; but I'm great with them and they love me for some reason. So yeah I believe I would be a good mom. I've been helping take care of my niece since I was 11, so O.o I think I know how little kids work, they're lying little brats... XD but they can be cute sometimes.

In high school, after lunch I was the art teachers assistant for her Kindergarten and First Grade classes. The little kids were all over me sometimes D: but there was this cute little blond haired/blue-eyed kid XD he was the clown of the class sometimes, he even called me his girlfriend O___o a 6/7 year old called a 16 year old their girlfriend. It was funny though, he always wanted me to stand by him, even when I had to go help the other kids. If I wasn't near him he would try to follow me around or sit by me until the teacher told him to get back to his seat. And actually...he was one of the few I really didn't mind O.o when he wasn't trying to jump up on me and cling that is -_____- that was annoying.

And one time when I was waiting for my niece at the bus stop to pick her up, this little girl just started talking to me out of no where O.o smiling at me. She was maybe 7 years old too. What is it with that age group and me? Do I give off some "come get me, I have candy"-aura?

Elphaba
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not going to lie, I don't think I would make a good mom.
I'm too weird and I don't like little kids either. >.>

Wio
04-15-2011, 03:18 AM
I'd make a good Dad. I dunno if I'll be one though.

marvelangga
04-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't know what it takes to be a good dad but, I want to be one. A daughter please? XD

Xanfiore
04-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Dunno, I tend to scared them all the time
because I'm too bored to do anything else but to scared them
pretty sadistic aren't I? Lawl

Aleyna
04-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Do I want to have kids? Noooooo. Would I be a good parent? I'm already like a parent to my autistic brother, so yea I would be a good parent.

Megamind's Minion
04-16-2011, 03:54 AM
i want kids...
but not my own please...
someday, if i will be allowed to do it...
i'll raise orphan kids to be good citizens of the Republic... :D