PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Anime Characters?

Shini
02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
In terms of sheer power, which anime/manga do you think has the strongest characters? The first one that always comes to mind with me is Dragonball Z, I mean these guys were blowing up planets. Anyone have anything on par with that, or perhaps more powerful?

soifong_fan
02-01-2011, 01:41 AM
umm bleach

FluffyDango
02-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Most of the characthers in One Piece, Fairy Tail and Bleach :P

Kyubi-no-kitsune
02-01-2011, 04:36 PM
umm most of the characters from sengoku basara are strong as well as characters from bleach and naruto

Gjallarhorn
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Dragonball Z. Goku? Gogeta? Vegeto? Individuals who could annihilate planetary systems on a whim.

All other series just pale in comparison.

Shini
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Dragonball Z. Goku? Gogeta? Vegeto? Individuals who could annihilate planetary systems on a whim.

All other series just pale in comparison.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But seeing as I don't really watch much anime (or read any manga), I thought I'd open it up to some people who have.

Token Black Guy
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Dragonball Z characters because they can blow planets up.

soifong_fan
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
or naruto

xKrypton
04-24-2011, 02:30 AM
it's Natsu Dragneel XD!

Nesh
04-24-2011, 03:33 AM
One Piece, Naruto, Dargonball Z, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Baka
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought of Goku as soon as I read the title.

battousai_ryuu
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Dragon Ball Z and Bleach :D
Goku and Ichigo

GoodGamerSambo
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
There are many characters that are stronger than Goku :P
Tenchi Muyo just because he is omnipotent.
Z-from Tenchi Muyo
Pegasus Seiya (God cloth)
Dark Schneider
Sailor cosmos from sailor moon
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
+ more

Videlreyes
05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Alucard from Hellsing

Tolle
05-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Come on guys. Half of you are just name-dropping random series. Fairy Tail for example: Natsu can't do anything compared to Goku. I mean, fair enough, at times he gets "revved up" like on badass motherf*cker - but he still doesn't reach the strength of Goku.

However, if the question was revised to "Which is the strongest anime character when limited to it's own series?" it would be a completely different question, seeing that it would now be the character that exceeds other characters from same series. Then one would have to analyze the strength difference instead of total strength.

So which is it? (Did I even make myself clear? :P)

Edit: Also, it depends on the setting for the battle as well. For example, "Light Yagami" from Death Note would own both Goku and Natsu if they were just facing each other on a plain battlefield as he would be able to scribble their name down (and thereby kill them) before they got to kick his ass (They might kick his ass before they died though, so really it would just be a draw or something). However, if Light was ambushed he'd be worth nothing.

tesaamari
05-06-2011, 02:15 AM
i think it's goku

MattStice
05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
You're all just being silly. Being the "strongest" iisn't the same as being the "best fighter." Of course Goku and all the other planet demolishing shounen characters would be in the debate then. I would say the definition of "strongest" is much more like, "the ability to exert your will upon the universe." In that case the obvious selections are Atomsk from FLCL (he steals entire star systems for christ's sake), Haruhi Suzumiya (she basically has the ability to bend reality to her whims), or, and admittedly this is a combo here, Simon and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (who's final battle basically takes place on a scale where you could use planets are weapons). That's my take in absolute terms.

DragonSoul
05-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Its crazy to have this post when the Worlds strongest is Goku

╬Karami Mew~Meow
05-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Hellsing and Dragonball Z are always my answer to this question

I thought of Goku as soon as I read the title.

That's what I thought too.

Tolle
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
So basically, ITT loads of Dragonball fans xD

SpeaR
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
One Piece
Luffy :D

Todd
05-20-2011, 07:17 PM
well, like everyone else is saying, Naruto and Bleach. Those guys are crazy! Maybe, Simon from Gurren Lagann. I mean it's a suit in a suit, in a battleship the size of the moon! And they fought on galaxies! But Naruto is unbelivably strong with the fox, and same with Ichigo and being all hollow! Good stuff.

tesaamari
05-20-2011, 08:52 PM
well, like everyone else is saying, Naruto and Bleach. Those guys are crazy! Maybe, Simon from Gurren Lagann. I mean it's a suit in a suit, in a battleship the size of the moon! And they fought on galaxies! But Naruto is unbelivably strong with the fox, and same with Ichigo and being all hollow! Good stuff.

yeah, naruto and ichigo are strong!
i love the color of their hair wahaha

Aukina
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Well Naruto has the strongest think about it Tobi Saskue Naruto ect.

Dead man is okay with there blood powers and whatever but Naruto is better

36gamer
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Aizen from bleach is probably the most powerful anime character ever imo. i think he could easily destroy goku just saying.

GoodGamerSambo
06-01-2011, 06:40 AM

It looks that way XD

Little do they know that character like Seiya and dark schneider are on a whole different level compared to goku XD

They can destroy galaxies with there attacks. And they are both massively faster than light so they can speed blitz most characters, not to mentions all the hax powers they have as well.

If you think those 2 are good you should look at kami tenchi, he destroys universes with his pinky.

Velvet_Nightmare
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Kotonoha Katsura from School Days

-GAZKUL-
06-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Kenpachi?

L0ll1r0t
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I would have to say Alucard from Hellsing, mostly because he really can't be killed. Dragonball Z characters are definitely up there, but that show raises the bar really high :P. Tetsuo from Akira also comes to mind...

Videogamer555
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Cirno is the strongest.

Chigumi
06-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Thought of Naruto and Fairytail series.
Oh and don't forget Grandchild of Nurarihyon.

master of balance
12-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I would have to say Alucard from Hellsing, mostly because he really can't be killed. Dragonball Z characters are definitely up there, but that show raises the bar really high :P. Tetsuo from Akira also comes to mind...

Actually he can die he just has like a thousand lives as in, the ova it says each time he kills he gets another life. That aside if its up for debate
anyone from saint seiya because they destroy galaxies
gurren lagann because he uses planets as weapons
Or dante because review the games and/or anime he is literally deathless.

Rongue
12-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Gurren lagann movie spoilers!
Can't find spoiler tags.
Nvm

In the final battle of the movie they go past tengen toppa gurren lagann and form super tengen toppa gurren lagann. The old one is the size of it's face.
Even stronger is the anti spirals super grand zamboa. When super tengen dose a comic giga drill breaker the anti spiral super grand zomboa dose a giga drill breaker too. They clash and super tengen, tengen toppa,, chougina, and ark gurren lagann are beaten but with a last ditch try from gurren lagann simon kicks logic out and not only stops the drill that at this point is most likely the biggest thing in the universe but also controlled by the strongest beings. Then breaks through the anti spirals super grand zomboa giga drill breaker and then launches himself with the help of lagann at the anti spiral and fist fights him.
Either simon or super tengen has to be the most powerful. They beat a foe that could do things god could only dream of. O.o

SuXrys
12-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Can't find spoiler tags.

[spoile r ] the text you want to write [ /spoile r ] <--- but without the empty 'spaces'.

GoodGamerSambo
12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Actually he can die he just has like a thousand lives as in, the ova it says each time he kills he gets another life. That aside if its up for debate
anyone from saint seiya because they destroy galaxies
gurren lagann because he uses planets as weapons
Or dante because review the games and/or anime he is literally deathless.

While you are mostly correct i just need to say that, Not everyone in Saint Seiya can destroy a galaxy, Actually it appears that mid tier gold saints or anyone on a higher level can, so that means bronze saints (Excluding the protagonists) and Silver saints can't.

And Anti-Spiral from TTGL was throwing around Galaxies like nothing not planets.
http://www.epicwin.org/img/bestof2007/55.jpg

solidarmor
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Detonator Orgun...the Evoluda destroyed worlds just because they could.

animefreak84
12-16-2011, 09:20 AM
im gonna say laharl from Disgaea he just forms a small orb of energy and throw it and it splits a rock the size of a continent in half.
but you also got ichigo from bleach
and shana's sword nietono no shana the soul inside of it just freakin kicks arse.

BestFly
12-16-2011, 04:12 PM
The TTGL and AntiSpiral are obviously extremely powerful. Like Universe sized. Other extremely powerful beings are...

Kami Tenchi (I mean he's basically God, and is actually aware of his powers.)
Evangeline A.K. McDowell (From Negima, some of her feats are very impressive. Especially her Absolute Zero attack)
NoN Lelouch (Extremely powerful. If you thought having him with the Geass made him impressive...)
Yuki Nagato (Reality warper with no real upper limit that has been established. Basically untouchable if she gets jurisdiction over an area.)

AnimeBboy
12-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Hajime no Ippo characters are pertty strong

Ippo- Takes many hits and is still able to knock people out with one punch
Takamaru- Killed a bear with his hands need I say more
Miyata- Knocked out an opponent with his jolt counter when being severely hurt and won the OPBF title

Screwby
12-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!! Sure you don't see him blowing up planets but he could if he wanted to
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/clubs/13/179359.jpg

CapoKiro
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
excuse me... but are u all serious? there is no need to talk about... the strongest character ever is... GUY SENSAI

Volta
12-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. He can create big bangs and crush galaxies with little ease. Gogeta wouldn't even look like an ant compared to him, you couldn't even see him in a scope.

vrarsenal
12-20-2011, 05:29 AM
excuse me... but are u all serious? there is no need to talk about... the strongest character ever is... GUY SENSAI
Good one.
Some characters in Naruto are much stronger than Guy Sensei.
Much Stronger.

Ragenomics
12-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Kenshiro or Raoh from Fist of the North Star.

CapoKiro
12-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Good one.
Some characters in Naruto are much stronger than Guy Sensei.
Much Stronger.

sarcasm is a very strange thing... xD

Miz Lunah
12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Do game/anime styled characters count? There was an anime adaptation.

renyyz
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM

actually im not fan of dragonball. but still when i read the title, goku is 1st character appear in my mind

Bad Ending
12-23-2011, 05:29 PM
I'd like to see Naruto and Sasuke take on Goku at his strongest haha should be an interesting fight.

TomoyoSakagami
12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I can't really say. You're not just comparing characters but the setting they come from. The fight will always be unfair to the ones who can dominate universes etc.

I mean if you think to Tengen Toppa, they fight ON galaxies and blow them up and stuff. Whereas Dragonball Z, you have people just blowing up planets because they just don't like them (Ha, Freiza).