PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help figureing out what brand of lcd tv is better

Kyubi-no-kitsune
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
i am looking at getting a 42 inch or possibly a 52 inch flat screen tv i am leaning towards a sony but its a lot of money to invest in a tv and i was wondering what is the best LCD Flat screen tv on the market

OokamiYokai
02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
i dont kow if its the best on the market but LG always deliver good TVs :)

wizz-o-matic
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
some will say samsung, some phillips ... or any other mark, all depends on the users.

I for one had bad experience with Samsung LCDs so far (have 1 comp monitor and 1 TV)

ruz32
02-11-2011, 03:10 AM
You are right, Sony is a bit expensive for an LCD TV. The next best option for me is Samsung. Most of my friends use Samsung instead of LG, Panasonic, etc. I love how clear the picture is for Samsung.

niKopol
02-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Well, its always mostly personal opinion. Best bet is to go to the electronics department and watch the T.V.'s as they play the same thing simultaneously. I noticed I absolutely hate "True Motion" or whatever its called. It makes movies seem less movie-ish and more real... but in a lot of cases it makes CG movies look horrendous. Make sure the T.V. has the option to turn that on and off.

Emphasis
05-29-2011, 05:22 AM
LG is very nice, IMHO

Mang
05-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Get a VIZIO 42 inch, Trust me , Sharpest and Most Clear Quality.

Gauntlgrym
06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
cnet.com seems to think that LG and Samsung are the best.
out of thier top 7 LCD tv's......3 are Samsung and 2 are LG.
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-lcd-tvs/?tag=rb_content;contentNav

btw i have an LG (it's an LED though) and i think it looks great.

Aizmov
08-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Panasonic

Avoid Samsung at all costs

emibennett
08-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Our's is Samsung LED TV 42 inches. Never had problems with it.

gobSIDES
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
I would only go with Samsung or Panasonic. Experience with both brands alongside LG, Phillips. Def would only rec' Panasonic/Samsung. But for me I would go LED over LCD my absolute fav' TV I ever owned was a Samsung 42" LED. The picture on Blu-Ray is outstanding on Samsung, and nothing on the market comes close to the quality of Blu-Ray right now.

As said earlier by someone go to the store see for yourself, most TV(top of the line) producers are all pretty much on par in terms of the picture be it Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Phillips, LG or Pioneer you are going to get astounding quality but each brand offers its own unique picture and it is really up to you to make an informed decision based on seeing the TV's playing some form of HD media eg, Blu-Ray, Sky HD, PS3/360 games, etc.

For me I like LED better for gaming but I personally like HD films on a LCD or Plasma. The Panasonic build quality is great, so don't worry about it breaking down on you same can be said about Samsung and LG. I only had one problem with an LG LCD monitor and that was with recognizing the DVI/VGA ports, but that only happens very rarely and the monitor still runs fine 2 years down the line. So they are 3 brands I would have no problem nominating on basis of solid build and great picture.