PDA

View Full Version : New anime? - Serious + Always working towards a clear goal

tottycs
01-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I have watched some animes but I have real trouble finding a good one.

I need an anime that is always is working towards a clear (awsome/good) goal like Bleach, Naruto and Death Note.
The anime have to take itself sort of seriously, and try to make an "epic story".

Animes that have failed me:
One Piece - too many "side story's", and too much jerking around. Stopped at ep67
Monster - too un entertaining and too many "side story's". Stopped at ep40
Full Metal Alchemist - too many "side story's", no clear goal. Watched whole
Code Geass - too many "side story's", robots (a huge minus). At ep10, may watch more.
Ergo Proxy - no clear goal, too much cliffhangers. Stopped at ep10.
Cowboy Bebop - no clear goal.

Maybe InuYasha? Looked kind of childish on youtube videos I found, but might have been misleading.

Robots, Space and Zombies is a huge minus. I may be drawn to unique super human powers?

I know you guys get these kind of questions all the time but I have researched and tried all of the above animes, and I really don't want a failing anime once again. Thanks in advance!

animeyay
01-31-2011, 01:18 AM
So let me get something clarified first: you don't like series with too many side stories, and yet you seem okay with Bleach and Naruto?? o.O

.Sev
01-31-2011, 02:31 AM
So let me get something clarified first: you don't like series with too many side stories, and yet you seem okay with Bleach and Naruto?? o.O

That's exactly what I was thinking...

リッキー
01-31-2011, 04:00 AM
xxxHolic and Kobato have good, imaginitve stories, but they are to be taken case by case and enjoyed for each episode. Tayutama - Kiss on my Deity is a short 12 episode story with clear progression, and a supernatural theme, so it might catch your eye.

P:S How can Naruto have a clear goal, when as a series it has spanned more than 8 years? I am not too sure how serious the plot is either, but I have not given it a chance.

adam.skinner
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Seirei no Moribito (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4403) is much like Juuni Kokuki and Kemono no Souja Erin, but with a more linear story (a plus for you is that it has fight choreography that rivals Sword of the Stranger).

Hikaru no Go (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=84) would be a good choice: it's a spectacular shounen with an atypical theme (playing the game Go). The currently airing Bakuman (which is unfinished but may be of interest to you as well) is by the same author.

Skip Beat! (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6103) is a great shoujo that will hit you the right way. With an impetus of revenge, our protagonist Kyouko sets out on an acting career to be a star. There's a fair dose of comedy thrown in, but the overall theme and accompanying plot is quite serious.

IcePriestess
02-02-2011, 05:47 AM
There are four things I want to say:
1. You shouldn't have stopped watching One Piece, because Naruto and Bleach has way more fillers and side stories than One Piece.
2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is way better than Full Metal Alchemist, so you shouldn't have bothered watching a spin-off.
3. Inuyasha has A LOT of side stories. Sure there is a goal, but sometimes you can watch like 20 episodes and the goal won't even be mentioned. You'll get led into a totally different story.
4. Anime I suggest:
a) Claymore - it's short and the girl that plays the mail role seems to have quite a clear goal.
b) Devil May Cry - it's made from a game, so there is really no clear goal, but the anime is pretty serious and kind of bloody.
c) Zombie Loan - has quite a good goal, is pretty serious.

soifong_fan
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
try fairy tail Dragon Ball or Rurouni Kenshin

Jewunit
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Yu Yu Hakusho Wiki likes it too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YuYu_Hakusho)

Detective Conan, /MOVIES/

Dude, side story or "filler" is in almost all anime, if you don't want filler, then just skip them episodes. Watch Dragon Ball kai or something.

under the rain
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Watch... Pokemon? I don't know, if you don't like side stories, then pretty much every anime in existence is going to bore you, so I suggest you lower your standards or don't try to watch anime.

FluffyDango
02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I need an anime that is always is working towards a clear (awsome/good) goal like Bleach, Naruto and Death Note.

Lol
Naruto has a filler arc that is like 40-60 episodes long, Shippuden has had a long filler arc just now.
Bleach has many fillers too.

One Piece don`t have many fillers and they do actually work towards a goal, though it`s a goal that will take a long time to get to so of course there will be other stuff going on it.
And it is a long runner.

You probably won`t like Fairy Tail, even though it`s a way better then Naruto :P

I`m not gonna bother recommending anything to you :P

Jewunit
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
One Piece don`t have many fillers and they do actually work towards a goal,

Ummm What? Tell me you're joking, please?

FluffyDango
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Ummm What? Tell me you're joking, please?

I`m not joking.
Most of OP`s episodes have lots of action and such, there is of course some filler episodes and some filler scenes, but it`s nothing compared to what Naruto has (100+ fillers) xD
And most of the fillers aren`t stupid like how Naruto`s is.

SmallGuy
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
well i would like to recommend hikaru no go aswell
hajime no ippo - which is a boxing anime which is basicaly awesome
tengen toppa gurren lagann- pro anime that is quite shor but also moving at the same time.
history's strongest disciple - a fighting anime that is pretty good.
great teacher onizuka- this is an amazing anime about a delinquent teacher that is so awesome that its sad the show ended
and eyeshield 21 - sport anime about football pretty awesome has a goal and doesnt have any filler i think or if it does it has little