PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up: The Legend of Grey Acumen

Grey Acumen
01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Alright kids, I'm here to recruit for my original roleplaying scenario. I'm not going to beat around the bush here. I am a genius, an athlete, an artist, a writer, a gamer, a fighter, but first and foremost, I am a competitor. I love competing, even if I hate the activity, putting my skills to the test against another person brings out my absolute best. The tougher, or more skilled my opponent is, the better, because it only means that I get that much better, that much faster. My hobbies include Smash Bros.(I had stopped for a while, and as a result, got my a** handed to me in the last game I played, so I've got to get back to that), DanceDanceRevolution(I own at this, and I can't get enough), Anime, Manga, Baldur's Gate 2(primarily modding at this point), seducing beautiful women(this has become seducing A beautiful woman, as I've found my soulmate and don't intend to let her go for anything), martial arts(my own style; a mix of Aikido, Wushu, and Tae Kwon Do, with some other stuff thrown in), singing, gymnastics, and learning about myself and the world around me.

As you can tell, I'm a pretty exceptional person. My abilities also extend to my roleplaying prowess. Here is the scenario:

It has been over 100 years since the legendary swordsman, Grey Acumen, vanished with his masterfully crafted no-daichi, Moon Cleaver. His legend was passed down in every fencing school, from rapier fencing to kendo. Each spoke of his fated return to the world once he had perfected his unique sword style: Moon Cleaver Jutsu.

Finally, in the year 2011, Grey Acumen has finally returned to the world. His arrival was heralded by the discovered bodies of cruel jocks and criminals around the United States. Each one was found with a written letter on the bodies, written to the local fencing schools. These letters detailed a challenge, stating that a tournament will be held among all willing sword fighters. These participants will wear a crescent moon pin on their clothing, identifying themselves as challengers. The prize of the contest? The incredible Moon Cleaver and the inheritance of the Moon Cleaver Jutsu sword art.

RULES:

1.) No anime/fictional sword styles will be allowed for your characters. That means only real world fencing techniques/styles may be used for your character. If you can describe your own unique sword style that you have legitimately created, I will accept that as well.
2.) No killing your opponents! This isn't mortal kombat, people. Once you've defeated your opponent, you must let them live. You must claim their crescent moon pin as proof of your victory. We're going for a sense of realism here people, you can't get away with murder easily.
3.) Have fun! This is a roleplay after all, so feel free to indulge yourself into your preferred character.

Please submit your characters with the following information:

NAME

FENCING STYLE

ETHNICITY

BACKGROUND HISTORY

REASONS FOR ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT

Hope to get a lot of responses here!Sing

Nespa
01-30-2011, 01:43 PM
this is gonna be closed, you need to show it by ladyPserenity first and she wil definatly not approve this.

LadyPSerenity
01-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Nespa; DO NOT respond to unapproved threads. Ignore them, move on. I will close them and tell people that they need to read the rules.

Thanks.

Grey Acumen; Please review the rules (all the stickied topics) thanks.
Closed.