PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell's false advertising of what you're really eating.

Skylar1
01-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Taco Bell doesn't use beef in their "beef"-based pseudo-Mexican delicacies. They use a gross thing called "Taco Meat Filling" as shown on their big container's labels—which customers can't see. The list of ingredients is gruesome:
Water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
Oh, and 36% beef. Thirty-six percent—plus all the above making up for the other 64% of the party in your mouth.
According to the USDA, you can't call this "beef" at all. Beef is defined as "flesh of cattle". Grounded beef is defined as:

Chopped fresh and/or frozen beef with or without seasoning and without the addition of beef fat as such, shall not contain more than 30 percent fat, and shall not contain added water, phosphates, binders, or extenders.
Which is certainly nothing like what Taco Bell is using in their products. That's the reason why an Alabama law firm is presenting a lawsuit for false advertising, claiming that what Taco Bell claims is "beef" in their commercials is just the aforementioned processed clustermass of disgust. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems they have a very good point.

Full Article: http://gizmodo.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef

All I have to say is EWWWWWWWWW. And, also that this is one of the things that I dislike about capitalism most, (or real what I dislike most about anything in general); People take shady shortcuts for profits at the expense of other people.

This is pretty disgusting imo, your thoughts?

Gjallarhorn
01-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Full Article: http://gizmodo.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef

All I have to say is EWWWWWWWWW. And, also that this is one of the things that I dislike about capitalism most, (or real what I dislike most about anything in general); People take shady shortcuts for profits at the expense of other people.

This is pretty disgusting imo, your thoughts?

If any of these were actually very harmful, I'd care. In fact, several of those listed above are included in things you eat daily, or several times daily, in countless products.

Sure, it's not completely beef, but "soybean oil", "garlic powder", "corn starch", "cocoa powder"? Nothing really disgusting there. Also remember that there's sauce/gravy-stuff that is included with the meat, as well as spices. The more chemical-sounding ingredients are just preservatives; you'll find them in just about every non-organically marketed product at your local grocery store. Even still, if you're paying less than a dollar for a taco, you're not going to get a high quality product. But it still tastes good, it's not particularly harmful (though probably not "healthy"). Hell, being a sub-section of chemical engineering has made me familiar with a lot of the strange things found on ingredients labels...if I were to be disgusted by it, I doubt I'd eat much of anything.

That being said, and for what it's worth, Taco Bell is considered to be the most healthy (read: least unhealthy) fast food company.

You only live once, at least make it taste good.

Skylar1
01-25-2011, 01:21 AM
well, the "eww" for me doesn't come from the actual ingredients, as like you said, you eat those same things every day.

For me, the disgust is really more a matter of "why?". Why not just use regular ground beef? It costs more? So what? I doubt there really losing money..

If replacing over half the the ingredients is simply so they can skim just that much more $$$$, ... where does it end? How much more does a company really want to deprive people just for extra profits? I mean, I see the economics, but I also see a lot greed.

And it's that extra ingredient of greed that make the food uneatable.

Wio
01-25-2011, 02:48 AM
They want to make it taste delicious, and that's their recipe.

And the "ewww" response doesn't make sense.

And, also that this is one of the things that I dislike about capitalism most
This is not exclusive to capitalism. This is to be expected any system in which:
1) Someone other than yourself makes the tacos.
2) The taste of the taco is a top priority.

Anuket
01-25-2011, 04:14 AM

True.

I've never had a Taco Bell before but after reading the article it doesn't seem to be disgusting, it's just the fact that the ingredients aren't what we thought it is which for someone like me would get pissed off about.

Anime Forum
01-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Don't really understand why it makes people mad to find this out. It doesn't change how it tastes finding it out does it? Either way I'll still eat it.

Skilero
01-25-2011, 06:39 AM
I never eat at taco bell, so this doesn't impact my eating habits at all. What I can say is, who doesn't like a little silicon dioxide in their beef?

You people are so silly with your food worries!

While the USDA could pursue this case and smack Taco Bell with an incredibly large fine, it is still profitable for them to put all of this filler in their "meat" anyway.

Ranshiin
01-25-2011, 07:34 AM
well, the "eww" for me doesn't come from the actual ingredients, as like you said, you eat those same things every day.

For me, the disgust is really more a matter of "why?". Why not just use regular ground beef? It costs more? So what? I doubt there really losing money..

If replacing over half the the ingredients is simply so they can skim just that much more $$$$, ... where does it end? How much more does a company really want to deprive people just for extra profits? I mean, I see the economics, but I also see a lot greed.

This makes me glad that McDonalds and Burger King state their burgers are 100% beef. Now if only the burgers in the adverts looked like what I actually get when I order one...

Anoleis
01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Why not just use regular ground beef?
It would cost more, take longer to prepare, and wouldn't last as long.

It costs more?
Of course; they are not going to do something that lowers their profit that much.

So what? I doubt they're really losing money..
You'd never survive in the business world.

Taco Bell isn't depriving people by not having 100% beef tacos. Even if they were to get rid of all the synthetic stuffs there would still be all sorts of other stuffs in it.

If wanting to make a profit is greedy then I suggest you turn your head and cry, because all businesses are made to make a profit. By your logic that makes them greedy, and we can't have that, now can we?

And, also that this is one of the things that I dislike about capitalism most
You're not being forced to eat there, why should people who enjoy it be forced to eat elsewhere? Also, we don't have a capitalist economy :rolleyes:

On a not entirely different note.
Why are you even thinking of eating at Taco Bell? You live less than 2 hours from the boarder. You can throw a rock and hit a more authentic Mexican food restaurant; there are people who sell it by Bookmans!

*Lady_Kikyo*
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah all that to a person that doenst know any better may sound gross, and yeah its wrong of them to say that its beef when its just a byproduct.. but all in all.. I dont really mind. Though Taco Bell isnt exactly my fave place to go.. the food is good and cheap.

Penshiru
01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
I just thought it was dog food. This would explain why every time I go to Taco Bell I feel awful afterwards. But like stated before its cheap and you can eat it. So I'll keep going

Forgotten Show
01-25-2011, 11:24 AM
“I hope we never live to see the day when a thing is as bad as some of our newspapers make it.”

-Will Rogers

BM

Miss Moonlight
01-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Maybe if they used or chicken heads or other non-beef kinds of meat in their food, that would be disgusting. But, as it stands, there's nothing terribly nasty about the ingredients list.

It doesn't sound extremely appetizing (I never eat at taco bell or any other fast-food places anyway), but I suppose that's how they keep their costs down.

Anime Forum
01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Am I the only one in the mood to go eat Taco Bell now?

animeyay
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I don't eat at Taco Bell since the closest restaurant to my house is Subway.
Oh well, as long as their recipe isn't harmful to the human body in any way, and as long as they are not falsely advertising it, then I suppose it's not that serious of a problem...

Jmosies
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
So basically what you're saying is, their beef is 64% vegetarian?

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Eh, Taco Bell was a disgrace to real taco in the first place, not sure what all the commotion is about. v_v

Eris
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Stripping out all that isn't seasoning or oats, you get

maltodextrin (sweetener)
soy lecithin (emulsifier)
soybean oil (anti-dusting agent)
silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent)
caramel color
yeast
modified corn starch
potassium phosphate (acidity regulator)
sodium phosphate (emulsifier)
potassium lactate (preservative)

All of them seem to have legitimate uses.

Aleyna
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
And this is why I only go to Taco John's T_T...lol just kidding! I do prefer Taco John's over Taco Bell though. :)
The ingredients are not that harmful, and Taco Bell is pretty cheap and fills me up.
McDonalds uses soybean patties. I used to work there. They have nutrition facts on their products now.
It's pretty much common knowledge that fast food is going to do harm to you if you consume a lot of it frequently. You don't need to read the ingredients or the nutrition facts to find that out.
Nonetheless, it's still interesting. I wonder what other places besides McDonalds and Taco Bell use soybean ingredients in their products...hmmm

SigmaSD
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't really care cause I dont eat that. The only thing that made me rage a little is when I heard it on the news. They referred to Taco Bell as a Mexican restaurant.

They referred to it as a Mexican restaurant.

As a MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

The closest thing to Mexican that I've seen in Taco bell is either that carne asada taco, or the illegal immigrants working there. I mean come on, seriously. I dont know about you guys, but I've never seen a Mexican taco with ground beef and cheddar cheese (or whatever they have). And now the have a frickin Frito taco (http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/taco-bell-beefy-crunch-frito-lay-burrito.jpg). A FRITO TACO, wth???

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
That reminds me of that one time this dude Mexican came up to me and was like "Orale guey, conoces un restaurante Mexico authentico, guey?" and I was like "Hmm no se ah, Taco Bell?" But I was being sarcastic and the guy was laughing then left.

animeyay
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

The closest thing to Mexican that I've seen in Taco bell is either that carne asada taco, or the illegal immigrants working there.
I lost so hard there! XD

Videogamer555
01-25-2011, 10:55 PM
I Ran Over The Taco Bell Dog (http://elrey.podomatic.com/enclosure/2008-05-24T17_53_48-07_00.mp3)

Wio
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't really care cause I dont eat that. The only thing that made me rage a little is when I heard it on the news. They referred to Taco Bell as a Mexican restaurant.

As a MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

The closest thing to Mexican that I've seen in Taco bell is either that carne asada taco, or the illegal immigrants working there. I mean come on, seriously. I dont know about you guys, but I've never seen a Mexican taco with ground beef and cheddar cheese (or whatever they have). And now the have a frickin Frito taco (http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/taco-bell-beefy-crunch-frito-lay-burrito.jpg). A FRITO TACO, wth???
From where do burritos and tacos come?

Anoleis
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
From where do burritos and tacos come?

No, the idea has been warped beyond recognition. The burritos Taco Bell serves are rather.... unlike the ones one you would get at an authentic Mexican Food restaurant. Strangely enough; you don't see that many Hispanic people working at Authentic Mexican food restaurants...

Wio
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
No, the idea has been warped beyond recognition. The burritos Taco Bell serves are rather.... unlike the ones one you would get at an authentic Mexican Food restaurant. Strangely enough; you don't see that many Hispanic people working at Authentic Mexican food restaurants...
Authentic is just a marketing term. Don't be fooled by marketing ploys. Most "authentic" foods are either luxury foods or foods which have been completely transformed to be restaurant worthy.

Anoleis
01-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Authentic is just a marketing term. Don't be fooled by marketing ploys. Most "authentic" foods are either luxury foods or foods which have been completely transformed to be restaurant worthy.
Well, yes, they generally mean authentic by recipe/ basic idea. However, this is still Tucson, and there are still very nice people who do sell "authentic" Mexican Food all over town. Taco Bells is not one of them.

Sanosuke23
01-26-2011, 02:14 AM

No lie, all the Chinese food restaurants around here are run by hispanic people, and all the Mexican places are run by Asians.

They seem to have come to some sort of accord.

Meenah
01-26-2011, 04:23 AM
I don't really worry about the stuff in Taco Bell. And to be real honest, I don't like it at all. I prefer going to a real Mexican restaurant if I want Mexican food. ;/

Furore
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Geeze, the title made me think they were doing something controversial like grounding up chihuahuas or something.
As has been stated previously, that list ain't that bad.

Not that I have anything against grinding chihuahuas up and feeding them to the poor though. Hate the ratty things, and I think pretty much all other dogs are awesome.

Ghost
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
i love tacobell but they always do stupid things and ppl still go to eat there so whats the point

Light Buster
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
And, also that this is one of the things that I dislike about capitalism most, (or real what I dislike most about anything in general); People take shady shortcuts for profits at the expense of other people.

Well, pure capitalism is bad.

Looking at the beef, I never thought it would contain such ingredients. I wouldn't matter to me as long it doesn't contain food poisoning, it wouldn't matter.

The Wing Man
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Does not upset me at all, taco bell is my favorite fast food joint.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, yes, they generally mean authentic by recipe/ basic idea. However, this is still Tucson, and there are still very nice people who do sell "authentic" Mexican Food all over town. Taco Bells is not one of them.

This.

But basically is still not authentic as they don't use the exact ingredients but close enough to make the dish alike. For example, Huancaina..A Peruvian dish, I have to use Mexican white cheese to make it, while it still taste good it's not the same thus not authentic. Know what I mean?

But Taco Bell is just a disgrace.

Aleyna
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
i love tacobell but they always do stupid things and ppl still go to eat there so whats the point

I can't decide if Burger King or Taco Bell's commercial are the stupidest commercials on tv, but this one always cracks me up. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92aIA-YpC8U

*Lady_Kikyo*
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM

As a MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

MEXICAN RESTAURANT.

You have a good point.. Taco Bell is to mexican food... as what The Olive Garden is to Italian food...

FAKE.. ^_^

Skylar1
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
But basically is still not authentic as they don't use the exact ingredients but close enough to make the dish alike. For example, Huancaina..A Peruvian dish, I have to use Mexican white cheese to make it, while it still taste good it's not the same thus not authentic. Know what I mean?
I dunno..

We get a lot of people that come into our store to buy a lot of the authentic stuff for dishes like menudo with the real tripe and everything, and other various things. From what I've seen at least, if it's not pure authentic, it's pretty damn close. lol

Cless Alvein
01-26-2011, 06:14 PM
There's no new or shocking information here, except perhaps the part about people still pretending to be "fooled" by their advertising. Seriously, is there no limit to how far consumers will go to screw over a company?

if you're paying less than a dollar for a taco, you're not going to get a high quality product.

However, after watching that commercial I am definitely paying in dimes next time I go to Taco Bell.

Sanosuke23
01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
You know what? I don't care if their "beef" is only 1/3 meat. It's tasty, it's not poison UNLIKE SOME MOUNTAINOUS BEVERAGES I COULD NAME, and it's not like I eat it all day every day.

This changes nothing.

Wio
01-27-2011, 04:21 AM
This.

But Taco Bell is just a disgrace.
You're making it out to be something it's not. A burrito is a basic concept: a tortilla wrapped around a bean/meat/rice/cheese/etc filing. There's no minimum requirement. You can chose to low quality ingredients or high quality ingredients. A big mac isn't a disgrace to hamburgers, it's just a lower quality burger. You can get better hamburgers, but the concept is met.
I never figured I'd see a No True Scotsman being pulled on food.

Fuu Kasumi
01-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Taco Bell is delicious, and it fills me up for just 89 cents. I don't care that it isn't 100% beef. I go to Taco Bell because I don't want to pay 4 dollars for a beef burrito.

And if I felt like eating authentic Mexican food, I wouldn't go to an American fast-food restaurant to find it. Just saying.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-27-2011, 07:03 PM
You're making it out to be something it's not. A burrito is a basic concept: a tortilla wrapped around a bean/meat/rice/cheese/etc filing. There's no minimum requirement. You can chose to low quality ingredients or high quality ingredients. A big mac isn't a disgrace to hamburgers, it's just a lower quality burger. You can get better hamburgers, but the concept is met.
I never figured I'd see a No True Scotsman being pulled on food.

But you see, Hamburgers are more international even if they originated from the US and Germany, anyone can make a hamburger as there is no a cultural style to make them. Taco Bell can't just make a random taco and call it "Mexican food" because it doesn't meet the true concept of what Mexican food really is. Taco Bell can't just go and promote their, let's say the Frito Taco Sigma mentioned and called it Mexican food. While a Big Mac or any or those super grease hamburgers that Mac, BK and the likes make can still go by their name because what I stated above. If you taste a real taco made by a real Mexican or a Hispanic that knows how to really make it, you'll see it's a lot different than comparing a Big mac and a Whopper.
Because you're talking to a Chef. :D Culinary Arts is my College minor.

Taco Bell is delicious, and it fills me up for just 89 cents. I don't care that it isn't 100% beef. I go to Taco Bell because I don't want to pay 4 dollars for a beef burrito.

And if I felt like eating authentic Mexican food, I wouldn't go to an American fast-food restaurant to find it. Just saying.

Yeah, that's what Taco Bell is.

But I really go to fast-food restaurants at all unless I'm with friends.

Fuu Kasumi
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that's what Taco Bell is.

I know that Taco Bell is an American fast-food place, I meant that it's pointless to say that Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexican food because it's obvious that it isn't authentic.
People shouldn't feel the need to complain that "it's a disgrace to Mexican restaurants," unless they first believed that they would be eating something authentic.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I know that Taco Bell is an American fast-food place, I meant that it's pointless to say that Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexican food because it's obvious that it isn't authentic.
People shouldn't feel the need to complain that "it's a disgrace to Mexican restaurants," unless they first believed that they would be eating something authentic.

I quoted your post to prove my point, my post wasn't exactly directed at you or anything. :)

miniPhil
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah05FEWcJWM

They also say they're gunna file counter suits. You'd best watch out Eric, Taco Bell are coming for you.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/miniPhilsphotos/1296236821292.jpg

Ranshiin
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
They also say they're gunna file counter suits. You'd best watch out Eric, Taco Bell are coming for you.
The beef is a lie.

Miss Moonlight
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
The lawsuit is ridiculous. It's not like they put human skin and dog meat in their products.

Skylar1
01-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Pfft, like I'd care.

I know first hand how major corporations work, and how they'll put in a billion and 2 dollars ad campaigning if it means protecting their profits; damage control (false/true or otherwise).

the point being, they want YOUR money, and they'll do everything in their power to ensure that they keep getting it from you. Of course NOW their beef is probably up and according to regulations, now there there secret of corner cutting was exposed! they probably called every store in the world and hand them incinerate the evidence or something. (yeah, sounds pretty extreme, but I'd sure as hell believe a company that big would do something like that)

Also, this isn't just taco bell, this isn't even just major food industries, it's EVERY major corporation EVER. They grow to sizes so unsustainable and large, that they DO have enough capital to counter-act ANYthing hurled against them. It's just too much money, and too much power; and most of them supersede the government in certain regards because they pay out lobbyists on capital hill to ensure that it takes the world turning up side down before they can impose even the smallest of regulations on them.

Xeyuzio
01-29-2011, 12:41 AM
I love eating at Taco Bell and this really doesn't change my opinion about it because most things in restaurants aren't "real" meat just some pseudo-meat that they like to use, if you don't want to eat at Taco Bell then I suggest definitely avoid other fast food restaurants as they do the same.

Videogamer555
01-29-2011, 01:23 AM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah05FEWcJWM

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/miniPhilsphotos/1296236821292.jpg

They said just like the beef bought in a supermarket? Does that mean the meet called "beef" in a super market is also ONLY 1/3 beef?

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Lol, VG..I have to admit, I lol'd.

Memento Mori
01-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Does anyone here ever go to a fast-food joint with the expectation of 100% beef, when the item you're paying for is less then a dollar? This isn't a shock to anyone. Unless they were really using actual bad meat, then I'd complain.

Also, to settle this 'authentic' debate. While my mom, who comes from an entirely Mexican family and was raised in the Jalisco area, never goes to Taco Bell with the expectation of having a top-notch taco, she also doesn't believe they're necessarily doing anything wrong other than providing a lower-grade, cheaper-quality taco. If you go to any other Mexican restaurant, even in Guadalajara, they provided almost the exact same food items (Except of course the Frito Taco, but they're just experimenting) just with higher grade materials.

I'm with Wio on this one. You're just paying for a cheaper quality taco. And a taco is a Mexican thing, or commonly referred to as such.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-29-2011, 08:34 AM
[/I]If you go to any other Mexican restaurant, even in Guadalajara, they provided almost the exact same food items (Except of course the Frito Taco, but they're just experimenting) just with higher grade materials.

I agree with your statement when it comes to other dishes, because all dishes are best made in their originated place due to it's resources, I've been a witness of that.

Also, I'm pretty darn sure that it's just not the quality of the ingredients but also the special touches that makes a taco a real taco. And small example would be the spice.

Ranshiin
01-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Lol, VG..I have to admit, I lol'd.
I actually have to admit I agree. xD.

Memento Mori
01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree with your statement when it comes to other dishes, because all dishes are best made in their originated place due to it's resources, I've been a witness of that.

Also, I'm pretty darn sure that it's just not the quality of the ingredients but also the special touches that makes a taco a real taco. And small example would be the spice.

There are no 'special touches' to any food item of any ethnicity. My Mexican grandmother uses a lot brown sugar in her tacos, but my mom never liked that, so she never uses as much as my grandma. So who's making a real taco? Obviously only one of them can be, because they have two varying recipies for the same basic food item.

Every nationality says that they make their food best because it's from their country of origin, but that doesn't mean that we can't allow other people to make them and add their own twists. No two things will ever taste the same.

In fact, Taco Bell even uses spices, genuine spices, that I've seen almost every restaurant in Mexico use.

Xeyuzio
01-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Finally something worth posting from VG555.

Sanosuke23
01-29-2011, 02:51 PM
There are no 'special touches' to any food item of any ethnicity. My Mexican grandmother uses a lot brown sugar in her tacos, but my mom never liked that, so she never uses as much as my grandma. So who's making a real taco? Obviously only one of them can be, because they have two varying recipies for the same basic food item.

Every nationality says that they make their food best because it's from their country of origin, but that doesn't mean that we can't allow other people to make them and add their own twists. No two things will ever taste the same.

In fact, Taco Bell even uses spices, genuine spices, that I've seen almost every restaurant in Mexico use.

It's no use Memento. He's going to culinary school. You're dealing with a master here.

But seriously, "authenticity" is a lie, and fusion and experimentation in food doesn't make the dish less of a whatever it is. California rolls are still makizushi, chicken club tacos are still tacos, and hamburgers where the meat is in fact a portobello mushroom is still a burger. Anyone who thinks otherwise is what we in the sane world call a "Food Snob."

.Tatty.
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Wow, A fast food company using something that isn't entirely meat, Watch as I am taken a back by this shocking turn of events.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-29-2011, 07:36 PM
It's no use Memento. He's going to culinary school. You're dealing with a master here.

But seriously, "authenticity" is a lie, and fusion and experimentation in food doesn't make the dish less of a whatever it is. California rolls are still makizushi, chicken club tacos are still tacos, and hamburgers where the meat is in fact a portobello mushroom is still a burger. Anyone who thinks otherwise is what we in the sane world call a "Food Snob."

eye c wut u did thar.

You're totally missing the point. v_v
What you're saying is like saying Pepperoni Pizza is the real thing, while Hawaiian is not. I'm pretty sure that was never the argument here..yet it was brought a lot.

Memento Mori
01-30-2011, 01:39 PM
eye c wut u did thar.

You're totally missing the point. v_v
What you're saying is like saying Pepperoni Pizza is the real thing, while Hawaiian is not. I'm pretty sure that was never the argument here..yet it was brought a lot.

That's actually what you're saying.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
That's actually what you're saying.

I never said that, not even remotely close to what I said. I actually never limited the ideas of how food should be made.

Wio
01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
The thing is, if someone were to look at Taco Bell's recipe, modify it, and make a really good tasting taco you'd probably say "This is some great Mexican food". You think that by definition Mexican food has to taste good or it doesn't count.

リッキー
01-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Business is about maximising profits. If they can do that by selling substandard products, while still keeping people buying, of course they will do it. A problem would only arise if they were selling something which they were not delivering.

All in all, food made at home is the best way to go, as you control most of what goes into it, and it normally tastes nicer anyway.