PDA

View Full Version : Amatsuki season 2???

OokamiYokai
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello!

i just finished watching Amatsuki ep 1-13 and it was a great show. but it didnt seem like a ending. just when something seems to be happening they show credits and no more episodes? am i missing something? would love to see more of this anime.

brianwuzhere
01-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Haven't seen it, but here's an excerpt from a review on MAL.

I'll start by telling you that the manga this thirteen-episode series is based on, has been running for over three years now. From this alone, you can deduce that it's too short, and doesn't end properly. That's very true, and these thirteen episodes seem like an introduction arc to something much more grand. But despite being too short, it showed so much potential that I'm gonna read the manga. And hope for a second season.
So, basically, you're going to have to check out the ongoing manga if you want any more Amatsuki because no second season has been green lit thus far. This happens sometimes if the series isn't popular enough, then it's counter-productive to order for another season of episodes.

Gjallarhorn
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Haven't seen it, but here's an excerpt from a review on MAL.

So, basically, you're going to have to check out the ongoing manga if you want any more Amatsuki because no second season has been green lit thus far. This happens sometimes if the series isn't popular enough, then it's counter-productive to order for another season of episodes.

This sometimes true, but not often; for such on-going manga where a shorter anime is produced, the anime is usually made to function as a money-draw because of the relative popularity of the manga. There anime is there to draw in money from the existing manga fanbase, as well as to create new fans from anime viewers and lure them into the manga fanbase. Same with visual-novels. They anime are usually only continued if it is very popular.

Wolf222
04-08-2015, 05:13 AM
Great information. Thanks for the post.