PDA

View Full Version : This was one of the best animes ever.

Videogamer555
01-16-2011, 06:47 AM
What do you guys think? It was called Dinozaurs. It was about these 2 kids who get devices called Dino Daggers, and when they are in trouble (or find the bad guys trying to suck out all the life force from the earth at a point where it's leaking) they are to use them to summon the Dinozaurs. All of the anime was in 2d hand drawn animation except for these robotic transformer like dinosaurs, which were in 3d rendered computer graphics.

Here's a couple vids.

Dinozaurs opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85PB51UoTs

Dinozaurs transformations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNtnQLsusc8

Norwegian Moose
01-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Meh, doesn't seem like my kind of anime. Haven't heard about it before :3

under the rain
01-16-2011, 08:58 AM
If you purposely misspell the name of something, especially Dinosaurs in an anime, it's probably stupid.

Norwegian Moose
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
I know this might just be me, but it seems like some Digimon-ish anime... Not into that. But again, it might just be me. xD

Videogamer555
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Nope not really like Digimon at all. It's like ... well ... not really any other anime I've ever seen. The English dubbed version was owned by Fox Kids before they became FoxBox (which of course is well before they became 4KidsTV). The original Japanese name is either DinoZone or Prehistoric Warriors. I've heard of both Japanese titles mentioned in the past.

FluffyDango
01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
DinoZone (http://myanimelist.net/anime/3499/DinoZone)
Synonyms: Prehistoric Warriors, Dinozaurs: The Series

And it doesn`t look like anything good or anything that I would like :P

Videogamer555
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Too bad all I can find are the action figures. I'd give ANYTHING to get the VHS tape of the pilot episode (an OVA) of this series. There are no VHS tapes of this as a TV series episode set though (except maybe home recordings), just the official VHS tape for the one OVA.

An interesting fact about the action figures though is that the show did NOT spawn figures as anime based merchandise. Instead this time the anime was made based on the figures. It a sort of advertising move by the maker of the figures. This also explains the relatively simple appearance of the textures for the DinoKnights (the show's heroes) 3d computer graphics, in spite of the overall smooth appearance of the 3d computer models' surfaces (indicating high polygon count and therefore the possibility of having much higher-res textures than actually used). These relatively uninteresting textures are instead an accurate computer graphic representation of the paint job used on the real action figures (which is an obviously quite uninteresting color scheme). But that is my ONLY complaint about it. Overall it is one of the best animes I've seen brought to over-the-air TV here in the US.

~*Red*~
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
It does sort of remind me of Digimon, but yeah, it's not the sort of thing I'd watch.