PDA

View Full Version : Anime villains

Archaic Devices
01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
What kind of anime villains do you like the best? The generic "I'm gonna blow up the world for no reason or rule the world!", simple villains who don't have any powers but use their mind to commit their crimes, or some other type of villain that you just think is awesome? I like the ones who have really awesome powers and can hold up in a fight but play mind games on the heroes just for fun

brianwuzhere
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Hands down, Johan Liebert from Monster. Such an intriguing villain, very manipulative.

under the rain
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Any kind of villain that isn't a flat character. "I'm going to take over the world" is fine if they really develop on that motivation.

brolyx74
01-16-2011, 02:40 PM
The best villain ever was the first villain in Death Note. L. Lawliet. He was amazing, always matching Light blow for blow, even when he died he was still a great villain, but then the brought Near and Mello around as villains, and they weren't even that cool, but they were the one's to win? Isn't the good guy supposed to win? Then why did they end the show with the lame villains winning. That was so lame.

Yes, I am insinuating that Light was the good guy in Death Note. He was the character to root for the whole time. I mean, the name of the series is 'Death Note' so obviously the good guy is going to be the main character with the Death Note.

brianwuzhere
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
As far as Death Note goes, it depends on how you define justice. Light is, indeed, the protagonist of the story. Just because you're seeing things from his perspective, doesn't automatically make him the good guy. Light can be seen as more deserving of the title of villain than L. Anti-hero is probably the better word and therein lies his appeal. He's no goodie two shoes but no one ever said you weren't allowed to root for the villain.

Videogamer555
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Any villain that when confronting the goodguy results in awesome special effects (explosions, laser beams, magic power, and of course a whole lot of running and dodging so it takes a long time for the villain to die, making it look like something epic)

J Gundam
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I also like the maniacal killer with no conscience. The schemer behind the scenes is great too.

The Butcher
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
The guys who just beat the living crap out of the main character, the people who will stop at nothing to get what they want.

God I know there is others, but I'll edit it later if I can think of anymore.

brolyx74
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I hate most villains because they are so vain and give the good guys time to come up with a plan. Red Mist's father on Kick-A$$ was an excellent villain because when he saw an opportunity to kill kick-a$$ he took it. he still ended up failing in the end, but he was a good example of a good villain.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
tobi(madara) from naruto, he is completely set in his plans and will do anything he can to make it succeed
Aizen from bleach, to me he is one sneaky power hungry dude who likes to manipulate people to further his plans

Fabala
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
The Magnificent Bastard, hands down. Examples of this include Johan from Monster, Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi, and arguably Light from Death Note.

I've also always had a fondness for those "shades of gray" villains. Those who, viewed in an objective light can be seen as being completely justified. Gray versus gray simply makes it better.

Rizzler
01-18-2011, 12:46 AM
On the topic of Villains, how many red clothed villains with a mask is there in the anime universe? i know gundam is not the only ones with a few of these, wich other animes are they hidding in ?

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/697/11932/ozthumb4_lg_zechs.jpg

AmandaxXSuzuka3
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
the villains that actually play a huge role in the story

~*Red*~
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I like the ones who use their mind and manipulate people, like Chairman Gilbert Durandal. They are able to formulate plans and such, without others knowing.

Hypatia
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Not the typical "I'm going to rule the world." I like the villain that is clever and cunning and uses new ways to get what they are after.

meganpu
03-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Naraku in inuyasha

IluvAllison
03-07-2013, 01:42 AM
I dont think I can name just one type of anime villain, or villain period for that matter. I like villains that are extremely powerful and terrifying compared to the protagonist and his allies. Power turns me on xD So when I see villains like Enel/Kizaru from One Piece or Pain from Naruto then I get goose bumps! I also like the cunning and manipulative villains who with their superior intelligence can toy with others or simply proceed with their plan, such as Light from Death Note. Again... power turns me on lol. I also like villains who are in the gray area such as Arlong from One Piece and Pain from Naruto. I dont know if I would count Light among these people since he went from an anti-hero to a power-crazed lunatic IIRC xD But hey I love that too so lol ^^

If there is anything I would want in every villain, it is that they are not evil for the sake of it, they have reasons behind their actions. A villain doesnt need to have this but it makes it all the more interesting imo and if I find the villains motives fascinating then oh boy that just elevates it even higher! ;D

Kumagawa
03-07-2013, 05:55 AM
douchebag villains like Izaya are the best

Will Phuah
03-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Probably villiains like in the Higurashi world. I can't say who cuz different arcs have different villiains. But the villiain I liked the most was Mion/Shion. That was one hell of a villain.

natsu d
03-21-2013, 02:54 AM
hey guys!!!!!
if ever u watched fairy tail, all the villains r awesome and cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!(but at the very end, they always get defeated!!!)
:redface::tongue::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lo l2:

Immoral
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I like all villains. It's a shame they don't win very often.

Hood Rat Music
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
75175 This guy right here is pretty boss. They really haven't developed on him that much (from what I know, I haven't read One Piece since law and luffy teamed up again on the island with the giant kids) He's smart, clever, and get's what he wants how he wants. He's not Walter White level but he's still a boss.

Pirouette
03-21-2013, 06:35 PM
A villain like Izaya (Durarara!!) who is able to make me love and hate him simultaneously.

GuiltySpark
03-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Scar- Fullmetal Alchemist. I like his spiritual motives and his intelligent quotes. Also his ruthless blood thirst is admirable.

Aznen
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
I like vilains who are very quite, don't show there emotions, kinda like sesshoumaru from Inuyasha (he was not the villain but villain character should be like him). Villains who are actually good but bad, like Kariya from bleach..... and offcource they have to be handsome:love: or beautiful if a lady....

These qualities should be in a villain but character could be change according to the story....

hatersgonnahatemeh
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Villians that are cool, where there are only a few of them.

SkyHeinzel39
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Is Final Fantasy considered? If so, Sephiroth is by far one of my favorite villains. Not to mention, One Winged Angel is one of the most epic theme song I've heard.

Clayton_n
06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I like villains who WIN in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxrW190I-Pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jWrt0Fyt8

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100804054445/finalwords/images/c/cb/Base_DS.jpg

http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/2005/10/feature/kakurenbo_00.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/103/1036651/3_Lelouch_101909_1256006940.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47811/900653-alucard.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32100000/sebastian-black-butler-32104108-1280-1024.jpg

SkyHeinzel39
06-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Lelouch's not exactly the villain. He's only pretending to be the villain so that everyone will be united and hate on only him. I'd say he's one of the heroes instead. Just not in the same way as Natsu, Luffy or Ichigo.

ParaParaJMo
06-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi was one of my first favorite characters that was a villain. Hell, even the original manga author was her favorite character.

I say Ali Al Sachez in Gundam 00 was pretty cool as well.

Clayton_n
06-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Lelouch's not exactly the villain. He's only pretending to be the villain so that everyone will be united and hate on only him. I'd say he's one of the heroes instead. Just not in the same way as Natsu, Luffy or Ichigo.

Says you. And who says Luffy isn't a villain? The navy wants him, there's a bounty on his head, and the property damage alone that he never intends to pay for...

Amai Yume
06-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I like villains who Chop-chops body and a psycho path will be good too.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Says you. And who says Luffy isn't a villain? The navy wants him, there's a bounty on his head, and the property damage alone that he never intends to pay for...

Yea, Luffy is a villain and they think he is a hero or something well i don't like him anyways. :p

SkyHeinzel39
06-23-2013, 01:38 PM

I didn't say Luffy's not the villain. The point I'm trying to make is, Lelouch's not a villain in the show, or at least his intentions aren't.

Clayton_n
06-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Light Yagami was a moron though.