PDA

View Full Version : Is "K-On!!" any good?

Norwegian Moose
01-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I saw a picture from K-On, and saw a guitar and BAM! I had to see it. But I don't want to waste my time on a boring anime.. Is it any good? (I mean, the anime version?)

TadashiED
01-15-2011, 10:34 AM
I recently just finished K-ON and the second season, and you fall in love with the main characters. Ever since it ended, I just want to see more of them ahaa. But in my opinion, the Anime was really good! The songs they play are catchy too hehe. Definitely go watch it!! Of course there are a couple boring filler episodes, but it's not big deal :)

under the rain
01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
It's okay. It's kind of like Lucky Star only less Otaku-oriented.

Gjallarhorn
01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
No.

There's no substance, no plot, no development, no (direct) comedy, etc. It's watching 4 (later 5) ditsy, objectified little girls eat cake and play instruments once in a blue moon as though you're a fly on the wall.

FluffyDango
01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Depends on what kind of anime you like.
Music + moe(cute girls) and such, then it`s good for you.
I liked it.
It`s pretty easy to follow, so good to watch if you don`t want something complicated to watch.

Lily Rock
01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
It's kinda meh.
I used to like it, but over the time I just realised "lolwut is this?", all depends on your tastes.

.Sev
01-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Depends if you're easily amused. If you watch anime just for the cute moe moments, then this is for you. If you want an anime with a good, moving plot, or a plot at all, then this is the antichrist of your anime watching experience.
Plot: Girls form a band, and proceed to not have the story really about the band.

Actually I just noticed this post is pointless, as gjallorhorn summed it up pretty nicely.

Norwegian Moose
01-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the great tips! :] I don't need any moving plot, etc. Just some entertainment and something to do in the weekend :3 But I'll move on to more complicated stuff later ^.^

Light Buster
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM
You like it if your a music person.

Gjallarhorn
01-16-2011, 03:14 AM

Except for the fact that there's about 4 or 5 episodes out of the entire two seasons that actually have anything to do with the music. There's nothing technical about music ever stated, there's nothing technical about the instruments ever stated.

The music was a shtick, nothing more.

wizz-o-matic
01-16-2011, 06:23 AM
It's a pure moeblob series ....

blueangel06661
01-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Japanese fan boys are goo goo over this show. I enjoyed it when I watched it :/ but then again it's in my genre. It's probably going to be an otaku classic if it hasn't already been made into one .____.

FluffyDango
01-16-2011, 10:46 AM

It`s actually not about the music :P
It`s about the girls doing slice of life and school stuff.
And hopefully the movie is about them playing at Budokan.

brianwuzhere
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
The 3rd episode of Angel Beats! had more to do with music and actual stage choreography than any of the episodes I saw of K-ON. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first episode of the second season only showed the end of their set which lasted probably less than ten seconds.

Kaitou+
01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Since you mention "Guitar" and you went all "Bam!", I assume you like Anime about music, right? Watch Beck (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4404) if so.

As stated above, if you like moe then you could give K-ON! a go.

brolyx74
01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I really liked K-ON!, but to be fair, it's just a cute little high school anime loosely based around music. I like cute little high school anime, and the little bit of music just acts as a bonus for me.

Aku no Hikari
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
There's no substance, no plot, no development, no (direct) comedy, etc. It's watching 4 (later 5) ditsy, objectified little girls eat cake and play instruments once in a blue moon as though you're a fly on the wall.

Which is why I hate moe-blob anime. And I hate this about K-On in particular.

But then again, it's not just the moe that makes you enjoy K-On. Dunno how to say that, but its warmth can make it enjoyable for any person, regardless of their gender or age. (If you can get over its lack of everything else, that is.)

Except for the fact that there's about 4 or 5 episodes out of the entire two seasons that actually have anything to do with the music. There's nothing technical about music ever stated, there's nothing technical about the instruments ever stated.

When I first decided to watch K-On, I only did for the "music". And it was a big disappointment for me.

If you're a music person looking for a music anime, then you shouldn't watch K-On for the music. (Not that its songs are not awesome on their own.)

... which is why I think that K-On needs a complete remake. But then again, that's useless; the anime was meant to be a moe series and nothing more.