PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2011: Anything to look forward to?

Shinn Kamiyra
01-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Since it looks like the Winter season left a great many fans unsatisfied, I thought it best to move on towards the Spring and see what it has in store. If you have trouble reading the small print, right-click and hit "View Image" to see the original image.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8410/20101230spring2011.jpg

Observe and discuss.

Gjallarhorn
01-14-2011, 09:05 PM
1. Ao no Exorcist; good manga, hopefully a good anime as well.
2. Deadman Wonderland; excellent manga, hopefully an excellent anime as well.
3. Nana to Kaoru OVA; fantastic manga, hopefully a fantastic OVA
4. Gundam Unicorn OVA 3; The more UC Gundam the better, especially of this caliber.
5. Roberta's Bloodtrail OVAs 3&4. Finally. 3 was Postponed for months, but 4 seems to be on schedule.

under the rain
01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Just watched the teaser for that new Shinkai film. It looks awesome, and I'm not even a huge fan. (I thought Voices of a Distant Star was passable, The Place Promised was pretty good; nothing great, and I haven't seen all of 5cm.)

It seems he's trying to make a more fast-paced movie, which should be fun to watch. The visual direction of Makoto Shinkai plus a story that isn't saccharine and/or confusing? Awesome.

TadashiED
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to the Amagami SS, High School of the Dead, Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama OVA's and a bunch more xD

brianwuzhere
01-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Blue Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland definitely look like promising shonen series. The first season of TWGOK was enjoyable but I hope the second season will be better. Can't wait for hilarity to ensue in the 2nd season of Maria+Holic. Nichijou has an interesting enough premise with the principal wrestling a deer bit and all. I've never watched Gintama, but I've always heard good things about it so I'll probably pick that up too. Looking out for [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control just because it's an anime original. Sket Dance and Hyouge Mono also look like something I might watch. I was really looking forward to Steins;Gate until I read "one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head". Although, the character designs look beautiful in comparison. And the premise refueled my interest in the show, as it retarded as it sounds. Sending TXT messages to the future via microwave? Haha awesome.

FluffyDango
01-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Ah there was a thread on this already, was just about the click make new topic when I saw it :P

Moshidora (cute girl in the pic)
Kämpfer s2 (becaus I saw s1)
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (just becaus I want to give most anime a chance)
Nichijou
Gintama s2 (once I`ve completed s1 :P)
TWOGK s2 (I saw s1)
Ao no Exorcist
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
A Channel
SKET DANCE
Hidan no Aria (Loli with gun = win)
Lotte no Omocha!

Out of the ovas & such and the movies:
Koe de Oshigoto!
Air Gear
Baka to Test
Nichijou (of course)
Fairy Tail
HOTD
Maid-sama (I saw the anime)
The Jump Heroes Film
Onigamiden (looks interesting)
Hashi was Ou Kodomo

I`ll probably check many of the ones I haven`t mentioned too :P

OokamiYokai
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Ao No Exorcist
Supernatural The Animation
Infinite Stratos. im not really a fan of anything Mecha. but thisone seems interesting.

Romires
01-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Kampfer! I want it now

Forgotten Show
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
...Infinite Stratos. First two episodes have piqued my interest.

Bad Memory

Light Buster
01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm disappointed, there's no anime on Need for Speed Hot Pursuit yet. JK, haha, like somthing like that is going to happen. Anyways, I'm looking forward to Infinite Stratos, which can be my actually mecha favorite. Also looking forward to Hidan no Aria, looks interesting.

Jewunit
02-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Only thing I really have my calendar checked for is the new Detective Conan movie in April. I love the movies, and can't wait to see it.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
02-03-2011, 12:52 AM
i liked the deadman wonderland manga, i am kind of sad that there isnt a 3rd season of sengoku or MM!, also i am glad Highschool of the dead is returning i love the manga version