PDA

View Full Version : I can tell I watch too much anime...

Videogamer555
01-07-2011, 09:58 PM
...because whenever I see a woman in real life I always think of how attractive (or not attractive) she is as a comparison of if she is as attractive as a female anime character or not. If she's quite attractive I think of her as a "real life anime chick".

Lei Long
01-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow he he....... *whisper* your not the only one!!!*

Meenah
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
@VG555
Do you think your mother will rather be upset knowing she'll never ever have grandchildren from you? And as for your father, pass down the family name? I think thats a little creepy for you to think that way or with anyone else.

Videogamer555
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I think I could actually use that as a complement to win the heart of an IRL babe. I'd be like "Hey you're as beautiful as an anime girl." and I think she'd be flattered (at least if she knew what anime is, if not I could explain and show her some anime so she'd understand) to hear such a compliment.

Skylar1
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
@VG555
Do you think your mother will rather be upset knowing she'll never ever have grandchildren from you? And as for your father, pass down the family name?
Not to interrupt your point, but in all fairness, I don't see why that necessarily has to be a bad thing..

I for one, most certainly do not want children. >_>;

TadashiED
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Hmm.....

Wio
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
So like, is it okay to blatantly flame people now?

I know for a fact that I don't watch too much anime. For otaku standards I watch too little.

animeyay
01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Actually, the only thing keeping ,e from abandoning real life women and opting for an otaku life style is my desire for a family in the future. XD

But yea, I guess if you don't want to have children, then it won't matter as much.

wolfgirl90
01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
...because whenever I see a woman in real life I always think of how attractive (or not attractive) she is as a comparison of if she is as attractive as a female anime character or not.

I guess that is a sign, considering the fact that most anime characters have exaggerated features that would certainly set them a part from actual humans, let alone any realistic standards of attractiveness.:rolleyes:

If she's quite attractive I think of her as a "real life anime chick".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Animegao_at_Kyoto_International_Manga_Summit.jpg

Real life anime chick?

Jmosies
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Alright the new topic is cheesy pickup lines:

POOF! (girl: What are you doing?) I'm here, where are your other two wishes?

Was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?

Wio
01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
I guess that is a sign, considering the fact that most anime characters have exaggerated features that would certainly set them a part from actual humans, let alone any realistic standards of attractiveness.:rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Animegao_at_Kyoto_International_Manga_Summit.jpg

Real life anime chick?
What are you trying to say? It's a sign of what? On a side note, I think her head is too small.

Edit: It's a sign of watching too much anime, right?

Skylar1
01-08-2011, 12:12 AM
I think her head is too small.
nah, the head ratio is actually pretty correct.

I think what's causing the distortion is due to the fact the torso is way too wide.

Anoleis
01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I think what's causing the distortion is due to the fact the torso is way too wide.
Man the harpoons, THAR SHE BLOWS!!

Videogamer555
01-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Is that a lifesize inflatable or plush anime figure? Or is that someone in super awesome cosplay costume? Also, is this in an anime convention in the US or Japan?

I just realized my ideal wife would be a woman who's as interested in anime and/or video games as I am.

Wio
01-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I just realized my ideal wife would be a woman who's as interested in anime and/or video games as I am.
Why do you think that?

Videogamer555
01-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Duh

Wio
01-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Duh
I dunno dude. The otaku girls in this forum don't seem to be that kind to you, though they probably have good reason. If I were in your shoes I'd be a bit turned off.

Also, you're not in any position to have that attitude since it took you a damn long time to figure out something you think is so obvious.

SigmaSD
01-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Wait, are we making fun of VG555 again, cause I'm ALWAYS up for that.

Token Black Guy
01-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Wait, are we making fun of VG555 again, cause I'm ALWAYS up for that.
I think so.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Alright the new topic is cheesy pickup lines:

POOF! (girl: What are you doing?) I'm here, where are your other two wishes?

Was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?

Cool i know a few cheesy pick up lines:

"Help! Police! Stop that woman! She robbed me! She just stole my heart!"

"Is heaven missing an angel?"

"Is your name Athena, because you are a goddess!"

"You legs must be tired because you've been running through my mind all day baby!"

"Where's the fire extinguisher?! We need to cool you down because girl, you are just muy caliente!!"

"Christmas must have came early, because i found the present i always wanted!"

Meenah
01-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Not to interrupt your point, but in all fairness, I don't see why that necessarily has to be a bad thing..

I for one, most certainly do not want children. >_>;

For one, you don't make your mother cry.

Ranshiin
01-08-2011, 07:39 AM
tl;dr

Though to anyone else discussing the matter, sometimes I do go around and think of stuff in an anime sense. Sometimes I'm all "Man, I wonder what this would be like if this was in an anime?" where 'this' is anything ranging from me, to my life, to something I see, or something I do.

It's just trufax that even bogstandard anime life (cough azumanga daioh cough) is far more enjoyable than our measly meatbag reality.

..... Am I the only one wanting a 'send-your-mind-into-an-anime machine' to get made? >_>

OminousCloud
01-08-2011, 07:59 AM
How do you compare an IRL girl to an anime girl unless she's trying to cosplay an anime girl in which case she'd only be wearing the same clothes as her...? Anime girls don't look anything like real girls except they share common body parts...

"Forever alone" comes to mind

Shinn Kamiyra
01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
...because whenever I see a woman in real life I always think of how attractive (or not attractive) she is as a comparison of if she is as attractive as a female anime character or not. If she's quite attractive I think of her as a "real life anime chick".

Protip: When trying to compliment a woman, never, ever compare her to something/someone else. Not a good idea. Doing so can sound like you're setting standards for her or telling her that who she is isn't good enough for you. Not to mention it can get you a smack across the face pretty easily.

blueangel06661
01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I think I could actually use that as a complement to win the heart of an IRL babe. I'd be like "Hey you're as beautiful as an anime girl." and I think she'd be flattered (at least if she knew what anime is, if not I could explain and show her some anime so she'd understand) to hear such a compliment.

Your logic won't work. Either she won't know who/what the heck you are talking about. And when she finds out she'll leave you since you are a loser with no life.

If she does know who/what you are talking about she'll just walk the other way and think you are a loser with no life.

Honestly if someone said I looked like an anime girl to get with me I'd be seriously creeped out and wouldn't find that flattering at all.

http://www.funz.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Forever-Alone-2.jpg

Skylar1
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
For one, you don't make your mother cry.
huh?

I do what I want independent of what other people think. I don't exist as some kind of projection of my parental unit's will, I'm my own unique individual, and choices I make in life are the ones I've determined to be best for me; if not approved by them (or anyone else really), well, too bad for them.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 11:08 AM
What is this I don't even

@Sheng:
No, I won't have children because I want to "carry on the name" or because I want to please my mother.

How can someone be happy making choices just to please someone else instead of yourself?

Lily Rock
01-08-2011, 11:27 AM
http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/14/51/78/78/12944510.jpg

-GAZKUL-
01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
i just think the term "IRL" is pretty sad.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 11:49 AM
i just think the term "IRL" is pretty sad.

Why? I use it to defer from Internet friends and In real life friends.

Xeyuzio
01-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry but you pushed me enough to the point to buy you that usertitle. >.>

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Only God is permitted to have my usertitle. :)

Xeyuzio
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Only God is permitted to have my usertitle. :)
Um... what???

Videogamer555
01-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Your logic won't work. Either she won't know who/what the heck you are talking about. And when she finds out she'll leave you since you are a loser with no life.

If she does know who/what you are talking about she'll just walk the other way and think you are a loser with no life.

Honestly if someone said I looked like an anime girl to get with me I'd be seriously creeped out and wouldn't find that flattering at all.

http://www.funz.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Forever-Alone-2.jpg

Unless of course she is an uber-anime fan at (or at least almost at) the level of an otaku, in which case she might find it very flattering. Lets look at it from the other direction. For example if a chick said I was as handsome as some anime dude I'd be flattered (unless they were referring to the overly effeminate bishonen type of male anime character in which case it would be an insult, but if referring to any of the normal tough-dude type anime guys then yeah I WOULD find it to be a VERY flattering compliment).

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Um... what???

Eh, I responded assuming you were talking to me..>_>

A girl said I look like him:
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/Nathan_Drake_23.jpg

I was like "Damn Straight".

Xeyuzio
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Eh, I responded assuming you were talking to me..>_>

A girl said I look like him:
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/Nathan_Drake_23.jpg

I was like "Damn Straight".
Looooool I was talking to VG555 xD Anyways I assume this would be an insult...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3418/3860921415_6ff4c110cd.jpg
Would it VG555?

wolfgirl90
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Is that a lifesize inflatable or plush anime figure? Or is that someone in super awesome cosplay costume? Also, is this in an anime convention in the US or Japan?

It was an actual person. Its a type of cosplay called "Animegao" (literally "Anime face") where people where full body costumes in order to look like a certain character. This is done to make the person look like the original appearance of the character rather than real life version of them. I don't know where that convention was taking place (if it was a convention in the first place), although the location is really of no importance.:rolleyes:

Of course, if we want to be really creepy, we can talk about another Asian subculture where people actually alter their faces (digitally or otherwise) in order to make themselves look like anime characters. So we end up with this:

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/4/8/36248.jpg?v=1

I hope you have other standards for your ideal mate because having this particular hobby in common doesn't necessarily mean that things will work out.:closedeye

By that same token, not sharing that hobby doesn't mean that the relationship won't work out. While I think that it would be cool if my significant other liked anime and video games (because I have Kingdom Hearts and Neon Genesis Evangelion stuff everywhere), I don't really care if they like it or not. There are other things that I care about: job, education, tolerance of my religion, whether or not we are going to spank the kids or leave them on the roof, knowledge of my skeleton cache, etc.

Videogamer555
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Looooool I was talking to VG555 xD Anyways I assume this would be an insult...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3418/3860921415_6ff4c110cd.jpg
Would it VG555?
Yes that would be an insult.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/4/8/36248.jpg?v=1

omg! Best photoshop ever!!!!!!!!

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Being called Nathan Drake is an insult, lolwut?

Xeyuzio
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Being called Nathan Drake is an insult, lolwut?
He was talking about my post. >.>

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh, lol...Anyways, I wanna play too...Would this be an insult?
http://asubtleknife.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/22.jpg

OminousCloud
01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I've been told I look like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Mini_Twilight/rain_cloud.jpg

daft
01-09-2011, 05:13 AM
...I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Wio
01-09-2011, 06:59 AM
There are other things that I care about: job, education, tolerance of my religion, whether or not we are going to spank the kids or leave them on the roof, knowledge of my skeleton cache, etc.
Most guys I've met who had this many criteria ended up singing the man's prayer:
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess..."
(But hey, they made their own choices.)

Which is why VG555's criterion is probably more realistic, despite not as logically derived.

blueangel06661
01-09-2011, 07:05 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MQquAuiuf4k/S7ZInWODD8I/AAAAAAAAAag/kFil-_Vem6c/s1600/bearded_cosplay02.jpg

We all know what VG555's taste in "realistic anime women" really is.........

Rei
01-09-2011, 07:20 AM
We all know what VG555's taste in "realistic anime women" really is.........

Emphasis on 'Realistic' and 'Anime'.

Srsly, though, no real girl will ever look like an anime girl. For obvious reasons which vg does not get.

Nanobyte
01-09-2011, 08:24 AM

I agree with everything but the last part. I often wonder how a girl would look like anime-style as well.

Rei
01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I often wonder how a girl would look like anime-style as well.

They often have those 'make yourself into a cartoon' ads hanging around the internet being annoying.

Lily Rock
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4202801/We-come-to-it-at-last-The-great-shitstorm-of-our-time.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=White-Gandalf

Videogamer555
05-18-2011, 06:00 AM
nevermind I already posted a reply like that above.