PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Anime Withdrawal?

Solstice Nightx
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
i figured out this after 4 years of looking :D. i have anime withdrawal!

when i first started watching anime, and i watched my first series [the Chobits Series]
i couldnt have been more happy to find an awesome new hobby. but when i finnished Chobits, i had this feeling... even tho i loved the ending and loved the series i couldnt shake off this feeing of my stomach churning and sadness 0.0 [sounds weird, i know]
. i couldnt help this so i stoped watching anime for 3 years. i starting watching again when my friend on steam told me about this anime [Kampfer, dont watch it it stoped english subs in middle of first season] and i decided to watch it and ive been hooked again on anime since. but now everytime i finnish a series i have that feeling. so the way i get around it is to start another anime right after it.

do u have the same feeling?? what do u think about it?

Kaname Shikara
01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah I have that same feeling >.< after every anime I watch, I'm breath taken and can't focus. Shocked and sometimes dizzy, I recommend not watching School Days if you hate surprises... XD but if you love surprises, watch it all! The surprise isn't until the near end though...so...

Jmosies
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I feel satisfied and looking forward to the next series I'll check out :-).

MistaCloudStrife
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Not anymore. Not with anime in general anyway. I used to have to watch anime every day, but not anymore. :P I'll have withdrawals with certain anime and manga tho. When One Piece manga took a month off I think I seriously had withdrawals. But yeah, I can take a week or two off anime without problems. If I'm busy on vacation or something, I won't even think about anime. :D

Gero50
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
I have had it before, the strong urge to watch it and feeling upset when I can't. I know the feeling.
When I was living DBZ as a child I would get it a lot when I was a school as I was unable to watch it or my other favs. Though I soon grew out of this.

Codename_Noir
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I get it all the time, but the worst thing with me is I always get withdrawal from it like a kind of craving to see some. But I can NEVER find an Anime I want to watch when this craving kicks in. I am always either spoilt for choice or simply can't find one that I wanna see. I'm having my fix these days with re-watches of my favourite shows until I find something I really want to see.

Videogamer555
01-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Not with most animes, but with some of the GOOD ones I wish they'd make more episodes to make it keep going cause its so epic like Evangelion, and Escaflowne, and Gundam Wing. But with others (like Pokemon that keeps going and going for season after season and it just gets way too repetitive) that even they are well known shows they just aren't epic enough and just last too long I actually would like to see them STOP making episodes.

As for anime in general, I don't thinks I could EVER go back to normal American made sci-fi. After discovering anime, I all of a sudden found that normal sci-fi live action shows (unless based on an anime) were VERY boring. You could put me in a room full of Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, Andromeda, Mutant X, X-Men, etc DVDs and I'd be BORED TO DEATH watching them, and I'd be CRAVING (to the degree of it being medically diagnosed as a pathological addiction) anime to watch, simply because now that I'm conditioned to like anime, anime is the ONLY form of science fiction I enjoy watching (or video game for that matter). As I said with video games same thing. Mario is BORING, Halo is BORING, Duke Nukem is BORING, Donkey Kong is BORING; but give me an anime game like Variable Geo, Legend of Zelda, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Touhou, Magical Pop'n (yes, even an obscure game like that), GundamW Endless Duel, Megaman X, etc, and I'll spend ALL DAY playing it with GREAT EXCITEMENT.

Lei Long
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
lol yes, sometimes i just look up random anime on google search..... i type in random anime.. :P

wizz-o-matic
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I blame the crap new age anime .... last year was a total crap with new series, too many moeblob and crap story ones, no wonder I kinda stopped watching stuff.

Ponyen
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah i've had the feeling a couple of times -.-' It sucks big time ! When the anime finally reaches its peak, those A-holes desides to stop making the anime :( Historys strongest diciple kenichi for example :O They should have made kept making the anime, instead of only the mange. Would have loved to see more of the story in anime !

TadashiED
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
YES! I DO! It's sad to say, but when I'm watching a series or something, as soon as I get home from school, I go to my room, turn on my laptop, then resume watching my Anime.
And as far as that "feeling" goes, I get it too. Since I like to watch school life/romance/seinen/comedy/tragedy type Anime, I get the feeling a lot since it revolves usually around life and such. It makes me feel..sad I guess. Oh well, that's is the joy of watching Anime! :D