PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt like giving up?

Anime Forum
12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Was there ever a monent in your life where you thought to yourself you had to give up? You had to throw in the towel and you felt like it was basically over? For example were you convinced that you weren't going to get something you really wanted? Were you afraid you were going to fail a class and you almost gave up on it?

Share your sob story here and the members of AF will try to listen. (:

Me. The most recent time would have to be me buying a Royal Rumble ticket. As of December 22nd, I was sure I wasn't going! I was about to give up, until I pulled together some money before christmas and I was able to buy one. It was a christmas present to myself and proves giving up will get you nowhere.!

Shinn Kamiyra
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
What is this "giving up" of which you speak?

Ultor grissom
12-30-2010, 10:38 PM
It is all about setting achievable expectations. Set goals that you can achieve and when you achieve them give yourself a nice pat on the back.
Set your goals too high and in the end you just may have to give up and that is never good for your self confidence.
Play it cool and you too can be a winner.

shadow slayer x
12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Me? From what I've been through, it's all about hope...but not that hope where you're in denial, the hope where you know no matter beat up you get or how many times you get knocked down, you know in the end it'll come through.

That is what I believe in, hasn't failed me yet.

blackdreams
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
well the most recent was a few months ago when my friend killed himself and my family didn't care so i felt all alone so i thought of giving up on life
glad i didn't

Anuket
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
I would only consider giving up when I've had just about enough and got tired, but that rarely happens to me. I'm very optimistic I guess and no matter what happens there's always a way and giving up are for cry-babies in my opinion. So I avoid it as much as possible.

Skylar1
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
I don't "give up" I merely change direction. If one thing doesn't appear to be going the way I had anticipated, I just do something else.

The trick here is to make your "goals" highly ambiguous and vague so as to have the highest chance of achieving them.

Jmosies
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I stay optimistic, fight till your last breath! Of course sometimes you've got to know when to adjust your course...

Ghost
12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Nahh like i said " Never Give Up and Never Surronder"

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Giving up will only make yourself look like a weakling with no goal or ambitions in life.

under the rain
12-31-2010, 07:01 AM
I have... it's a bit personal.

In all honesty, my giving up is better for all involved. (Excluding me, of course.)

Eris
12-31-2010, 07:18 AM
I try everything, and give up easily. That way, I'm able to effortlessly probe my way towards the path of least resistance.