AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elfin Lied?

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Elfin Lied?

Overwatch mentioned this to me (Elfin Lied, or is it Leid?) and I was wondering if anyone here has seen it and if you like it or not.

Thanks,
    Drunk Squid

Legend Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2011 08:32 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied, but it's pronounced "El-Fen Leed."

Anyway, I've seen it. I thought it was pretty good. It had its excessive amount of gore (which I like) and a story that touches on unfair treatment of a feared diclonius. It kind of has that Beauty & The Beast type of theme. Lucy was my favourite female Anime character for a long time.
    More than a thousand problems. Less than a thousand solutions.

Senior Member chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989 has a reputation beyond repute chappie1989's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2008 04:40 PM
    Threads

I have seen this anime two years go. Pretty good anime and loads of blood flying around.

Senior Member mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2008 08:51 AM
    Threads

this was my gatway anime and its still one of my top favoritts, its a dime in my eyes couse it has it all, plot, caracters you feel, great caracter and story build, pluss its a mix of all kinds of geners from gore to humandrama and they blend it together perfect, so yea, i think is defenitly worth your time

-d-

ed: gateway not gatway hehe
    MR PANTSU FOR PRESIDENT!!
    Mr Pantsu's has watched list
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrPantsu

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The anime with the most lovely artwork.
    Pretty Awesome! The story was awesome! but eh, the ending was .... eh
    Horror, comedy, romance all packed into one.
    Well, theres an episode 10.5 I reccomend that you guys watch it ^^

Though the Manga has more characters... [cant find anymore chapters so i got stuck at 77]
    Over-saturating since '07

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's a really good anime and I think the graphics are great.
    Though if you don't like blood (a lot of blood... and flying body parts) Elfen Lied is nothing for you. xD
    But the story is great! I never thought something as bloody as that could have a good AND romantic story behind it.
    I agree that the ending is a bit... eh.
    Anyway, the anime is great and I don't think you'll regret watching it if you will or have.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Should have ended just a liiiiittle sooner (those who have seen it should hopefully know where I refer to), and I didn't care for the hints of incest, but otherwise it was very enjoyable. Good story, good characters, the story played out at a good pace without much in the way of "filler" material, if any.

I'd recommend it for an anime fan who likes an interesting plot and doesn't mind a LOT of blood and gore.

Member DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay is a glorious beacon of light DemonicRay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2007 03:24 AM
    Sunny place with Not much girls in bikinis *sighs*~.~
    Threads

Its a pretty good anime... despite the ecchi and hentais in it... the story line is interesting... and keeps the watchers on the edge of the seat..

Probably one of the most saddest anime ever.. :/ T.T

I love NyUUuUuUu~!! xD

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Saddest? Pfft. It had the potential for it, but ruined it with the ending >< I hate that. Blowing a perfectly good ending to make the viewers "happy."

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey thanks for all the info and stuff, I think I will look into it, I had never heard of it before I joined this BBS, go figure.

Senior Member Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers has a reputation beyond repute Ashers's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2007 08:22 PM
    Threads

Lol yeaah you should watch it, im only 5 episodes into it, but its still awesome <3

A sorta....fairytale <3

Junior Member Marina27 has a spectacular aura about Marina27 has a spectacular aura about Marina27 has a spectacular aura about Marina27's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2007 11:46 PM
    Threads

I just recently watched it and I found it to be a beautiful story. The artwork is wonderful and the music enchanting.

Senior Member bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan has a reputation beyond repute bya~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2009 05:16 PM
    Threads

i just watched it not to long ago either...it scared me 'cause i've never seen an anime with sooo much blood and body parts flying around, but i got used to it and it was really good although i haven't seen the ending yet!!!
    thank you Ari_86 !!!

Senior Member red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2008 08:53 AM
    Threads

its abit gory but unless u like that kinda stuff ull be fine ^^ bit sad though really

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I can't wait to see it I just briefly read about it and it looks extremely good.

Junior Member Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo is a name known to all Kitsumeyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2007 08:57 PM
    Threads

This is a very well made anime. The story was very well thought out and the artwork is well done. If you can handle peoples heads exploding and some nudity, then I would recommend this anime for you to watch.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsumeyo View Post
    This is a very well made anime. The story was very well thought out and the artwork is well done. If you can handle peoples heads exploding and some nudity, then I would recommend this anime for you to watch.
    Head explosions are always a plus, especially if it is done well. I don't like pointless violence but I always appreciate stylized and realistic violence, but also I enjoy how much anime doesn't hold back at all with violence.

Junior Member deli53 will become famous soon enough deli53's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2007 05:19 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied was the first anime ive seen with so much blood and gore and my reaction was...... AWESOME so unique!!!! Seriously... I really havent seen an anime like that and it just hooked me onto it until the very end. Well thats probably because ive never seen an anime with so much blood but still the plot was great and yea the ending couldve been sadder but ended up like a symbolism and happy one. Well to me it didnt really matter what kind of ending it was i was just glad to see Lucy ripping people's body apart cuz thats wut dey deserve when you mess with her!

Junior Member jac is on a distinguished road jac's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2007 11:22 PM
    Threads

don't usually go for all the blood and gore type animes, but i really liked this one. Had a really good story line.

-Demon of the Sand- xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx has a reputation beyond repute xXx Gaara xXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2009 11:02 PM
    Threads

Never seen it, but I wanna!
    Take This!!!

Junior Member schmiddy1986 is on a distinguished road schmiddy1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2007 04:36 AM
    Threads

which character feels more pain?

lucy? nana? ...?

i think lucy!
    because she realizes more bad experiences than e.g. nana.
    for nana, pain is a part of her "little" life. so, she is able to reduce her feelings of pain more than lucy, i think.

and u?
    Elfen Lied 4ever

Member Terof has a spectacular aura about Terof has a spectacular aura about Terof's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:09 AM
    Threads

I have seen elfen lied couple of times and i liked it ^^ and schmiddy1986 i agree with you

Member Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2 has a reputation beyond repute Evilspike2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2008 07:31 AM
    Threads

its a good show, lots of blood.. also nudity, dismembering, gore, etc BUT it has a GREAT story to it, im currently trying to find the Manga translated..

Junior Member ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt has a reputation beyond repute ThePoisonDartt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2007 11:00 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied is my favorite Anime of all time. For me it is the perfect combination of things to create an amazing Anime. 1. Art work. Usually I am attracted to pretty things so really well done art work in anime is usually the first thing that catches my eye. I am a total art geek so seeing that they had these amazingly well done reproductions of Gustav Klimt in their opening made me very happy. Also I really think this show has a good ballance of drama, humor and action. You do get to see people cry, people act silly and people getting their limbs ripped off. Which to me are all entertaining things in their own way. I had no problem with the nudeness and the weird sexual tension. The boobs really didn't bother me considering most of my own art work is of naked figures, I thought it was a beautiful show.
    I also really liked the music, and the story line and concept ...basically everything. I am an Elfen Lied fanatic sorta.

Junior Member alucard6967 is on a distinguished road alucard6967's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2008 04:58 PM
    Threads

It's got blood, guts, tits, and the detail in the gore is very strong, if you are mature enough to sit and realize that all of these things have a purpose in a sick twisted, yet remarkably beautiful story then i strongly suggest that you do watch it. It will leave you in suspense on every episode and it will break your heart and possibly make you wanna break a few bones, so if your into a good story with great artwork then it's a must see.

Closed Thread

Thread Information