AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Anime Wallpapers Creations

Junior Member MikanKanade is on a distinguished road MikanKanade's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2011 01:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Red face My Anime Wallpapers Creations

What's much Better ? ^^ Please Pick one ....

A

B

C

Thanks in Advance for those who will Participate

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: My Anime Wallpapers Creations

Idea; how about instead of asking us to pick our favorite wallpaper, you ask us to give you feedback on them? Because on my own personal level, I am not a big fan of any of them.

Let me give you a couple basic tips on wallpaper making.

First of all, you want to ALWAYS look at your wallpaper at 100% to be sure that nothing is wrong or missing. In this case, we are getting wallpapers from you that are only a fraction of their size. I just went through a lot of your wallpapers, rejected many of them, and they were mostly blurry or distorted because....

Secondly, YOU CANNOT SCALE THINGS UP IN PHOTOSHOP. Nothing. NOTHING. You cannot scale up brushes, stocks, extractions, images, etc (text and paths, excluded). That was your biggest flaw. Look at your 'B' wallpaper. Look at the faces of the 2 characters, they are blurry. Look at the details in the clothes, they are distorted. This is always caused by scaling things in Photoshop improperly.

You see, Photoshop is a Raster Program, is deals with images based upon pixels present within an image. If, you scale something up, Photoshop will have no problem with that, until it realizes that it must fill in certain areas with pixels that dont exist. That is why you get blurry and distorted images, its because Photoshop is trying to compensate for the pixels that arent there.

It should be obvious now that when beginning a wallpaper, you want to go with a High Resolution image to compensate for size variations to wallpapers. In this way, when you make a very large wallpaper, you can scale it down to fit other, smaller resolutions.

In terms of composition, you need to think about the 3 Grounds. Foreground, Middle Ground, Background. The Foreground is what you want people to see. This is usually your stock image, your focus, the place that is most eye catching. The Middle Ground is everything that transitions the Foreground to the Background. This is probably the most important of the 3 grounds because it determines your overall composition and ties everything together. The background is everything used to fill up the remaining space.

Lets use wallpaper 'A' as an example for the 3 grounds. Your Foreground (or focus) should be Kakashi, but you have him placed in your wallpaper 3 times. Which is killing your foreground because it requires the viewer to have 3 eyes looking at 3 separate focuses. Your Middle Ground is the lightning effects. Again, also flawed, because its EVERYWHERE. It doesnt tie in to any particular focus presented to transition it as a needing to be there to make this wallpaper work. Finally, your Background, everything else. Most of your background is made up of completely unnecessary effects. The text texture on the bottom, the strong colored blue brushing on the top and right sides, the drop shadow, and that red crap on the bottom right.

Overall, the composition is just senseless.

Now lets talk about some basic dos and donts for wallpaper making. I will use your 'C' wallpaper as an example. DO NOT cover your wallpaper in a pattern. DO NOT use multiple copies of your stock, at a low opacity to fill the background. DO NOT, overuse obvious effects like brushes, textures, or hackneyed titles like 'Flames of Darkness.' DO, have your name, the websites you are hosting your wallpaper, the title of the wallpaper, the name and series of the character at the BOTTOM of the wallpaper with a readable font (DO NOT USE MULTIPLE FONT STYLES). DO, expect criticism for everything you do.

Persistence pays off. Here is a suggestion to become a better wallpaper maker: stop making wallpapers. Instead, make smaller images like signatures first. I say this to EVERY SINGLE WALLPAPER MAKER I see. I am not telling you abandon your art, I am saying that you must learn to walk before you can run. Signatures are simple to do, and help learn many of the principles I have described above. They allow you better experiment with particular styles and themes without having you waste a lot of time on one piece (average signature making time is 20 minutes for me, average wallpaper, a couple weeks).

In terms of time, signatures are FAR better navigate than wallpapers. They are also more popular than wallpapers. You should also look into amassing collections of High Resolution Images. And by high resolution, I am talking about images in the range of like 3000by4000 pixels to get you started. Read tutorials on things like 'Blending' and 'Flow', they will help FAR better than knowing simply where to find Photoshop brushes.

Finally, and most importantly, a good attitude is the best thing for you. You can take everything I said right in stride. You dont have to listen to me, I am only expressing my opinion on the most effective way to improve very quickly. Nobody listens to me anyway, but I think you have a better shot than anybody else at becoming really good at making these sorts of things.

Good luck.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Pretty much everything serated said..

Though there is something he didn't touch on and if he did well I'm repeating it.

What is the point in the reoccurring newspaper article in all 3 wallpapers? It seems really out of place and corrupts the flow.

In wallpaper 1 you have it all over the biggest kakashi's face/body. One of the number one rule of doing anything like this [signatures/wallpapers whatever] NEVER put anything on the face. Stay away from the face and make sure it's clean bright and visible.

In wallpaper 2 you have the article on the left with it's obvious straight edge. It's not blended in and looks horribly out of place. Plus I'm not liking it at all. While avoiding the renders face it still doesn't flow with the render and just looks placed there.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member ~ shino ~ is on a distinguished road ~ shino ~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2011 02:24 AM
    Threads

really nice
    I like A (kakashi)
    it's pretty pic

5. Likes yuiki liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information