AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pokemon.. Is it really any good?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon.. Is it really any good?

This goes for seasons AFTER Master Quest. I personally found nothing wrong with those seasons and after those seasons the show got so bad, that I can't bare to hold it in anymore.. So this is my take on it.

Firstly, I know its a kid show and its trying to teach you what's right and wrong and lessons.. but why is it so corny now? Even in season 1, you could tell how immature ash was, and him in misty had some moments where you could tell it was a kids show but can be enjoyed by maybe teenagers.. But now what? Is there any fighting in it left? I'm not counting Ash and his rivals, because those were never good after Gary.

Second off, Brock. Has he had ANY character development? This shows how bland the show actually is.. Can they not just get rid of him? He's done his part and is completely boring. He used to be really funny and entertaining, but now.. ehh.. just not making me laugh. If they must keep him, can they make his characterany deeper or more interesting?

Thirdly, the voices. Was there a reason why they adjusted the voices from the original seasons and made them sound so terrible? I can't say its their fault if they had no power over the changes, but come on.. The newer voices as of 2005[maybe a bit later] are really.. really bad. They almost sound like nails on a chalkboard at some points.

Fourth. Is it me or the episodes always so similar now? Its like this basically every episode now.. [down below]

Intro: Ash and friends continue their journey to be the best pokemon trainer of all time.
    Pikachu: Pika!
    Girl: Oh no! My pokemon is being pokenapped or my pokemon is sick!
    Ash and friends: We don't know you at all, but we'll help!
    Brock: Your cute!
    "Brock's ear gets pulled and they end that generic line for now"
    Girl: Really, thanks! You nosy group of kids are annoying, but thanks!
    Team Rocket: We'll capture Pikachu!
    Team Rocket: We are blasting off again!
    Ending: To be continued..

Its just so generic that its gotten to the point of being absolutely boring.. But I bet you have your opinions on Pokemon.

Now tell me, is pokemon just bad? Or do you still like it?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

Default Re: Pokemon.. Is it really any good?

Pokemon for me, from season 1 to season 5, was really good and entertaining. However the Hoenn saga and Sinnoh Saga we're not the best that pokemon had to offer, it had it's moments but wasn't great. Only gets good when they are at the Pokemon League. The new pokemon series, Best Wishes, is pretty darn good. Team Rocket are finally awesome, they don't go after pikachu any more. Overall, i say pokemon is good up to season 5 and the newest season but like all anime that last this long it has it's ups and downs.

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

Pokemon before what it was today, was so much better. The voice acting, the humor, the entertainment, etc. Now, it is so...bland.
    Maybe it's the fact that most of us have grown up, I don't know, but the show has lost its touch IMO. Haven't seen Best Wishes yet, but from what I've seen on TV, I don't like it.

Oh, and I've always hated the new voices.....
    I re watched the first couple Pokemon seasons, along with all the movies that I have (1-8 I think) and I'm so accustomed to Ash's voice aha. I miss the old days....... =(

Butylicious Rainbou Bouddica Boutie Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Toast Chilled Monkey Brains Dodge Viper SRT10
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2013 05:47 PM
    Threads

I only liked Kanto and Johto. When Misty left, I stopped watching it. I tried watching it, but it was boring to me. The video games however, are always good. The remake of Silver was gold.

| Requests are closed | tumblr

Member brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2011 02:13 PM
    Threads

I probably only watched Pokemon up until the fourth or fifth season, but yes, it has always had that very formulaic storyline. By the way, what is this character development you speak of? That's like the last thing you should expect from an endless franchise such as this. Also, any show that can't tell me a story in under 100-something episodes (with a few exceptions and this not being with one of them) is likely to be repetitive and probably not that good of a show in the first place. And there are far better shows that cater to the same age demographic, so it shouldn't be cut any slack just because its main target audience is somewhere around 8-12 year olds.

Senior Member under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 11:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: revolucionary

Or there's a tournament/contest/battle in which case people will shout things and do a lot of dodging for no reason.

It sucks. That's the simple way to put it. There are worse things on television, but Pokemon... stripped of its Nostalgia value it's always sucked pretty bad.

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiken- View Post

Intro: Ash and friends continue their journey to be the best pokemon trainer of all time.
    Girl: Oh no! My pokemon is being pokenapped or my pokemon is sick!
    Ash and friends: We don't know you at all, but we'll help!
    Brock: Your cute!
    "Brock's ear gets pulled and they end that generic line for now"
    Girl: Really, thanks! You nosy group of kids are annoying, but thanks!
    Team Rocket: We'll capture Pikachu!
    Team Rocket: We are blasting off again!
    Ending: To be continued..
    You, sir, are hired.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasorikiller View Post
    You, sir, are hired.
    Thanks. Hopefully I can provide low quality entertainment which is basically the same every single episode.. I only began noticing how bad it is as of maybe two years ago. Its just, not a good made show anymore!

Seasons 1 - 5 were good, and the ending of master quest when Brock and Misty left made me actually almost cry, I'll be honest here, and when Brock came back I actually felt happy.. until his amusement wore off and he became this boring.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 01-21-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by under the rain View Post
    It sucks. That's the simple way to put it. There are worse things on television, but Pokemon... stripped of its Nostalgia value it's always sucked pretty bad.
    I concur. The idea could be interesting if revisited in a different (read: more mature) way, and I love what certain artists have done with the concepts now that they've 'grown up'.

Take cues from these guys and gals (for example), base the story off of something slightly more plausible than [pre]adolescents exploring the world trying to capture monsters, and arrange the world in a way one might expect from a more collaborative societal development of people alongside sentient nonhuman partners. That sounds more fun...

Bad Memory

Senior Member -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Batmobile Animated Eggplant Gabumon
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2012 02:30 PM
    Threads

Yes I agree. I stopped watching during Johto league and the last season I enjoyed actually was Master Quest. It just started getting repetitive as others have said. I didn't think some of the new pokemon were so good either. The overall story seemed to be going nowhere. I didn't watch the newer seasons or voice changes but voice changes inevitably ruin it for me. I do respect people who watch it still and I dislike judging something I haven't seen yet but I doubt it will hold my interest like it once did.
    After more research it was determined that 2012 was the end of twinkies.

Member Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx has a reputation beyond repute Solstice Nightx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2015 08:55 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solstice Nightx XFIRE ID: Jmanzerono Steam ID: thmn101

to tell you the truth, ive always hated pokemon.. it seems to be a anime for ages 6-11 to me. but if u lik it then thats up 2 u :3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

Well, I haven't watched it since I was a kid... Not that I don't like it, I just don't want to ruin my greatest childhood memories! (Cooornyyyy). But the games are still great, the remake of silver and gold were AWESEOME. o3o

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Senior Member Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2019 10:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hell no.

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Haha Raiken, you've read my thoughts.

I stopped watching ages ago... I love Pokemon, don't get me wrong... but it's so stale now. You are indeed correct, it's the same thing over... and over... and over again! I think if they had the characters grow up a bit... maybe let Ash reach his Sweet 16, then it MIGHT be interesting to watch again. But honestly...I grew bored halfway through the series with May and Max. The one with Dawn and I can't even bare to watch.

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

I`ve only watched season 1 and 2, in norwegian(it was on tv).
    Those 2 were good, but I can`t find the seasons in japanese, so I don`t care about it :P

Member brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere has a reputation beyond repute brianwuzhere's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2011 02:13 PM
    Threads

Wow, why didn't I just post the "I Love Pokemon" video? Silly me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information