AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New anime to watch?

Member BadBoss is on a distinguished road BadBoss's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2012 11:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool New anime to watch?

Just finished watching the main Aizen plotline in Bleach. I feel that it's not going to get any better from here, so I figured I'd start watching another anime.

I really enjoyed Bleach, Naruto and FMA series. What should I watch next? Any good recommendations?

Thanks!

BadBoss

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New anime to watch?

If you like that Shounen I'd recomend to you Fairy Tail and Katekyo Hitman Reborn, pretty great animes
    So as with One Piece (but it's over 500 episodes long, so if you don't have patience for animes that extense just leave it :P)

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

death note black butler ( yes every this is Always going to be a suggestion)

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Death Note is really fantastic (almost my favourite anime, close to finishing it), but very different from the Shounen animes you've watched so far.
    Although, as you I started watching those animes and I really am loving Death Note (it has 37 episodes), you don't have the habitual fightings but instead a lot of mind guessing, with a most involving, original and interesting plot that goes foward really really fast, full of inesperated twist, there is no single episode that you think not much thing happenned. Also, the main character is totally different of Edward, Naruto or Ichigo.

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sweet, thanks guys!
    Gonna check out Death Note next.

So other than Death Note, this type of anime is called Shounen?

6. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoss View Post
    Sweet, thanks guys!
    Gonna check out Death Note next.

So other than Death Note, this type of anime is called Shounen?
    I mistaped Shounen, it's Shonen :P
    Shonen is a genre of anime or manga directed to young male guys, being mostly characterized for it's hummor and action scenes, in which there is a lot of competition to surpass challanges and in which a great determination and group-union is almost always present. In japan the most popular Shonen-style manga magazines are Shonen Jump and Shonen Maganize.

Anyways some of the most common shounen animes are One Piece, Death Note, HunterxHunter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, FullMetal Alchemist, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Zodiac Warriors, Dragon Ball, D. Gray-man, Bleach, Gintama, Ao no Exorcist, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc, as you like 3 of them you'll probably love them all!

8. Likes BadBoss liked this post
    Member Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2012 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    I mistaped Shounen, it's Shonen :P
    Shonen is a genre of anime or manga directed to young male guys, being mostly characterized for it's hummor and action scenes, in which there is a lot of competition to surpass challanges and in which a great determination and group-union is almost always present. In japan the most popular Shonen-style manga magazines are Shonen Jump and Shonen magazine.
    Shonen can be written as shonen, shounen, or shōnen, it doesn't really matter. All are correct, since it's transliteration. You'll see it written as shounen a lot. Don't get confused; it's the same genre.

As for my recommendations, you really ought to try Busou Renkin, Rave Master, and Nurarihyon no Mago. The comedic style of Hiro Mashima (author of Rave Master and Fairy Tale) can sometimes be difficult to adjust to after you're accustomed to others such as Bleach, but you get to like it eventually. It doesn't remain annoying forever, I assure you.
    Last edited by Kuraya554; 07-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.

To The Power Of Wind

10. Likes BadBoss liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraya554 View Post
    Shonen can be written as shonen, shounen, or shōnen, it doesn't really matter. All are correct, since it's transliteration. You'll see it written as shounen a lot. Don't get confused; it's the same genre.

As for my recommendations, you really ought to try Busou Renkin, Rave Master, and Nurarihyon no Mago. The comedic style of Hiro Mashima (author of Rave Master and Fairy Tale) can sometimes be difficult to adjust to after you're accustomed to others such as Bleach, but you get to like it eventually. It doesn't remain annoying forever, I assure you.
    Ok, thanks a lot for clarifying and demystifying some eventual confusion in the future
    (I got to know a lot of animes in AF but still don't know any of the ones you suggested, newbie me xD)

Member Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554 is a splendid one to behold Kuraya554's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a newbie too, I just have waaaaaay too much time on my hands.

To The Power Of Wind

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sweet! Learn something new every day
    Thanks guys!

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraya554 View Post
    I'm a newbie too, I just have waaaaaay too much time on my hands.
    Ah ah, that is very good, tks again for the explanation So, what animes are you watching now?

@BadBoss , learning something new everyday is part of being at AF

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm actually watching Naruto. I'd never seen it before. I tried a year ago, but I couldn't stand the level of the protagonist's immaturity. It's not so bad this time around, though.

To The Power Of Wind

Senior Member AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Gir Penguin Death Note
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2016 06:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AnimeFrost

Hmm I Got some that are pretty good for ya

One Piece
    Toriko
    Fairy Tail
    Historys Strongest Deciple Kenichi
    Tenjou Tenge
    Hayate no Gotoku*
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Gintama*
    Eyeshield 21
    SKET Dance
    Beelzebub*

If you need some more titles just ask This is all I can remember for now lol
    Shounen, Sports, and Gag

Sword Art Online
    <3 Kirito and Asuna <3
    Quote: "Its easier to be yourself then to be something your not"

Member Kakashi_Yamato_Iruka is on a distinguished road Kakashi_Yamato_Iruka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2012 02:00 AM
    Konohagakure. Currently on the battlefield aiding Kakashi and saving Yamato
    Threads

i absolutely love Gintama! its hilarious

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information