AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma! Thread

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Shokugeki no Soma! Thread

Can we just talk about how good this show ended up being. My mom was actually the one to tell me to watch it. I just want more.

At the same time I hate cooking shows because I can't eat the food I'm watching and it's the worst.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Shokugeki no Soma! Thread

It was probably one the better or even the best cooking show out there. Luckily for you an OVA is confirmed and a second season is very likely.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Member Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2016 01:09 AM
    Threads

I had 0 expectations of the show when I firs started watching it.

Even though things could be better in the anime (maybe lessen the amount of ecchi, maybe just maybe)

The manga is amazing. Even the anime is still good, I've only seen a few still image scenes and shortcuts through multiple layers (ignoring the horrible pacing aswell).

I'm not a big fan of cooking, and normally you have to have atleast some knowledge of the topic b4 watching it in order to get the full package (example no game no life poker in episode 1)

but Shokugeki no Soma ended up introducing everything perfectly in my opinion. I've learnt so much from it whilst it kept me interested the whole way through. Tsukada does an amazing job of creating the chemistry between the characters and its rare to see a realistic anime which doesn't underpower the majority of it's characters.

In Shokugeki no Soma's case, I feel its justified why the main crew are so much better than the rest of the students (Eg. Somas been passionate about cooking from the very start, whilst the other students are more forced to go to totsuki because of their lineage) (If u think about it, most chefs take up cooking (at youngest) middle school aswell), unlike Knb just throwing coincidences at you. Imagine 5 prodigies all going to the same school in japan (Midorima outclassing real NBA players - how does he even loose)

It reminds me of Baby Steps, in its perfection of introducing techniques to an unknowledgeable audience.

I just finished reading chpt 146 and the pacing towards the climax seems amazing.

Defs one of my fave pieces, anyway rant/spule over, every1 can relax.

Looking forward to what comes out of this incredible story

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Intenigious View Post
    I had 0 expectations of the show when I firs started watching it.

Even though things could be better in the anime (maybe lessen the amount of ecchi, maybe just maybe)

The manga is amazing. Even the anime is still good, I've only seen a few still image scenes and shortcuts through multiple layers (ignoring the horrible pacing aswell).

I'm not a big fan of cooking, and normally you have to have atleast some knowledge of the topic b4 watching it in order to get the full package (example no game no life poker in episode 1)

but Shokugeki no Soma ended up introducing everything perfectly in my opinion. I've learnt so much from it whilst it kept me interested the whole way through. Tsukada does an amazing job of creating the chemistry between the characters and its rare to see a realistic anime which doesn't underpower the majority of it's characters.

In Shokugeki no Soma's case, I feel its justified why the main crew are so much better than the rest of the students (Eg. Somas been passionate about cooking from the very start, whilst the other students are more forced to go to totsuki because of their lineage) (If u think about it, most chefs take up cooking (at youngest) middle school aswell), unlike Knb just throwing coincidences at you. Imagine 5 prodigies all going to the same school in japan (Midorima outclassing real NBA players - how does he even loose)

It reminds me of Baby Steps, in its perfection of introducing techniques to an unknowledgeable audience.

I just finished reading chpt 146 and the pacing towards the climax seems amazing.

Defs one of my fave pieces, anyway rant/spule over, every1 can relax.

Looking forward to what comes out of this incredible story
    I actually feel the ecchi in this anime was done extremely well. If anything, the ecchi made it just a tinge better. Is that weird?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I found it hilarious that it was my mom who watched and recommended it to me. She was like "Just so you know there's a lot of food pronz in it...." And I thought she was just talking about there were a lot of pictures of food that would make me hungry.........

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I found it hilarious that it was my mom who watched and recommended it to me. She was like "Just so you know there's a lot of food pronz in it...." And I thought she was just talking about there were a lot of pictures of food that would make me hungry.........

Your mom has good taste in chinese cartoons, ayyyyy..

Member Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I actually feel the ecchi in this anime was done extremely well. If anything, the ecchi made it just a tinge better. Is that weird?
    I understand what you mean, and would agree with you if the pacing of the show was a bit different.

Simply put, I feel like too much time and effort was focused on the ecchi and reactions to the dish. It felt like whole episodes were taken up with the ecchi and reactions with not enough discussion of the components of the dish to justify it, especially during the election preliminaries.

Idk, I'm probably just frustrated there were only 24 episodes, and we only reached the end of the preliminaries in the anime (thus blaming the ecchi)

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Your mom has good taste in chinese cartoons, ayyyyy..
    She does. Both my older brother and I gamed and watched anime. We were a household of nerds for a while until we got old and moved out. So she started getting into World of Warcraft and other PC games as well as a tad of anime but she mostly watches K-dramas. There was a time that I didn't get fed dinner because she was in the middle of a raid that lasted hours on WOW when I was in high school. I have such strong feelings against the game now.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    She does. So she started getting into World of Warcraft and other PC games as well as a tad of anime but she mostly watches K-dramas. There was a time that I didn't get fed dinner because she was in the middle of a raid that lasted hours on WOW when I was in high school. I have such strong feelings against the game now.
    Best mom...

all my mom ever does is complain, and tell me to do stuff that i already know I need to do, and cook

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Yeah so, second season is confirmed.

Though I think we all saw it coming, lol. Can't wait.

11. Likes blueangel06661, Intenigious liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

With the way that show ended; There had to be a second season or I would've been mad. Though I wanna know if it's going to be a summer or fall airing.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lol Read the Manga. You're making it sound as if the series didn't have a manga. lewl

But for real though. The tournament is really dope. Can't wait to see that animated.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-11-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Of course there's a manga and I have been reading it. But the way the first season ended was basically abruptly hanging the viewer. There was obviously going to be more but had there not been that ending would've been a terrible way to end a good series.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The way the first season ended was fine, though. It's not like the series ended in the middle of the first round. That would have been terribad. Luckily we got to see the entirety of the first round. Besides, Jump series do too good not to get their whole series animated.

If anything, it was worse with KuroBasu's second season, but obviously there was going to be more.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-11-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Junior Member Blizzardin has a spectacular aura about Blizzardin has a spectacular aura about Blizzardin's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2015 03:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Blizzardin

I'm not a person that likes ecchi. But Shokugeki no Soma was an exception. The first episode was weird for me to watch (because of the extreme "ecchi" reaction). But the story behind it kept me watching. Glad I did.

I can't wait for the second season!

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

People like this?
    I thought it was terrible.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

I started watching this last night. I had always had it on my too read list, but my manga reading time has sort of dwindled here recently. I have taken up watching anime at night. And got through 4 episodes. I Like it so far. I am glad it made a full 24 eps before cutting off the season. Better than some of the other well known series released this year.

I like Soma and his attitude and passion for cooking. The reactions are great. It all reminds me too much of Addicted to Curry (Manga) and Yakitate! Japan (Anime/Manga) sooo although it was new it had that vaguely familiar feel to it that I enjoy. The pacing seems pretty spot on episode to episode.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information