AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Junior Member Daisha is on a distinguished road Daisha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2011 11:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Just finished this the other day and loved it! Started watching it late one night last week and found myself watching episode after episode even though I had been falling asleep before I turned it on. Episode 3 shocked the heck out of me o.O I hadn't heard a single thing about the anime except for seeing a picture of Kyubey where someone had commented "so cute but so evil" so I decided to check the anime out (cuz I agreed he was so cute and wondered about the evil part).

What I found most interesting about the series is how Madoka is basically the main character in this series about magical girls yet she really isn't shown as one until late. By episode 2 I was expecting she'd change and be helping Mami fight and then, shock, it doesn't ever happen o.O

Junior Member Ayreon is on a distinguished road Ayreon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2012 05:13 PM
    Threads

the series in one picture

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Threads

I liked the sudden dark twist in this show that makes it different from your usual magical girl anime and the visuals were amazing. ;_; That ending though ;;

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

This is on my to watch list.

The first few episodes were shown in the anime club I go to and it ended up only a small group of the club like it hard core that they did a marathon on the weekend I wasn't in town.

Junior Member Mizuki-sama is on a distinguished road Mizuki-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2012 10:20 PM
    Threads

This was probably the best anime I have ever seen. I couldnt stop crying at the end of the last episode :'( poor madoka

Junior Member mayacat is on a distinguished road mayacat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2012 11:56 PM
    Threads

yea, i usually like magical girl shows as long as there not too cheesy or has an unsettled plot, and that was sorta my first impression of magica madoka but when episode 3 hit, i was like "damn" but it gave the show more suspense and tension; which i thought was really cool. its a great show

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Like @KageNoNeko , it was shown in my anime club. I only seen the first 2 episodes though so I'll continue since I keep on hearing how it becomes awesome after number 3 and since Shaft is my favorite company <3<3
    Senjougahara Fascination

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

I feel like the anime makers trolled everyone..
    the day it came out, was the day in religious places "God's re-birth" ...
    aside from that, it was a good anime, I had doubts watching, since I never like Magical Girl shows.. because they're all.. the same darn plot
    "Girl goes to school, girl meets thing that makes her have magic powers/meets another with magical powers, ends up seeing combats, is in a pinch so must transform themselves, ends up fighting some boss that is hard..."

._. well, Madoka did have that plot, but yeah... those who watched might know what I mean xD
    trying not to spoil lmao..

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hakoshi View Post
    I feel like the anime makers trolled everyone..
    the day it came out, was the day in religious places "God's re-birth" ...
    aside from that, it was a good anime, I had doubts watching, since I never like Magical Girl shows.. because they're all.. the same darn plot
    "Girl goes to school, girl meets thing that makes her have magic powers/meets another with magical powers, ends up seeing combats, is in a pinch so must transform themselves, ends up fighting some boss that is hard..."

._. well, Madoka did have that plot, but yeah... those who watched might know what I mean xD
    trying not to spoil lmao..

i've had trouble getting my friends to watch it because, as you say, it's all pretty repetitive and predictive. None of my friends were they type of people that would watch a mahou shoujo anime in the first place. Even when my hikikimori friend kept urging me to watch it and sent me the episodes on a disk, I sat there with my cousin laughing at how silly it was, thinking that they guy had lost his mind xD.... Then it got to episode 3 and this happens:

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

Quote Originally Posted by LivioRazlo View Post
    i've had trouble getting my friends to watch it because, as you say, it's all pretty repetitive and predictive. None of my friends were they type of people that would watch a mahou shoujo anime in the first place. Even when my hikikimori friend kept urging me to watch it and sent me the episodes on a disk, I sat there with my cousin laughing at how silly it was, thinking that they guy had lost his mind xD.... Then it got to episode 3 and this happens:

lolol, I like animes that are ironic.. xDD

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hakoshi View Post
    lolol, I like animes that are ironic.. xDD
    "Face Witches Get Bitches" Such an awesome line xD

12. Likes Hakoshi liked this post
    Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

I'm watching this right now. I'm starting episode 9 tonight (will probably finish the series). It's a smart series with a lot of commentary on its genre, and a lot of other topics. Not to mention it's emotionally stirring with complex characters.

It's not quite as "dark" as I was expecting (yet) - it doesn't do an about-face to quite the extent of Evangelion - but it works in its favor. It gives the viewer more time to think and digest the material, rather than just shocking them every ten minutes.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Senior Member Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2012 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: ehrenk

I started watching it and it seemed interesting. Will carry on with it when I get the chance. It had a really intriguing intro.

Member Xel is on a distinguished road Xel's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xelphus

My buddy and I just watched the whole thing in one sitting.

Holy. Crap.

1) Homuro was my favorite character by the end. She was just too epic by that point
    2) Gen Urobuchi is straight up awesome. Between this and Fate/Zero, I'm going to track down pretty much anything he's worked on. Met him in person too. Cool guy

Member Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Gurren Boota Aria Neko Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2012 04:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is a brilliant shoujo anime
    But when I watched it, I'd been told that it was a simple happy-go-lucky typical magical girl show, so episode 3 I was in denial thinking it can't be serious! How wrong I was >.< But I'm glad since it turned out to amazing and clever and just plain epic.

Purple Angel

Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Angel View Post
    This is a brilliant shoujo anime
    But when I watched it, I'd been told that it was a simple happy-go-lucky typical magical girl show, so episode 3 I was in denial thinking it can't be serious! How wrong I was >.< But I'm glad since it turned out to amazing and clever and just plain epic.
    Wiki actually classifies it as Seinan shockingly enough. It's nice not watching something echi, which is something I really appreciate from ufotable

Member Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Wiki actually classifies it as Seinan shockingly enough. It's nice not watching something echi, which is something I really appreciate from ufotable
    aha no way! Ah well I seem to watch anime for most demographics
    Strongly agreed! It would be so strange if they made it echi.. o.o

Purple Angel

Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Angel View Post
    aha no way! Ah well I seem to watch anime for most demographics
    Strongly agreed! It would be so strange if they made it echi.. o.o
    Well, ufotable seems to go against most typical stereotypes, which is nice. You've got nudity in Kara no Kyoukai, but it's not echi nudity (if that makes any sense at all), it just sort of happens in the context of the moment

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Well, ufotable seems to go against most typical stereotypes, which is nice. You've got nudity in Kara no Kyoukai, but it's not echi nudity (if that makes any sense at all), it just sort of happens in the context of the moment
    That is true and I like a lot of ufotable's works - currently watching fate/zero Is Kare no Kyoukai good? It's on my "to watch" list since someone recommended it to me but it's in like movies right?
    No worries it makes sense I get what you mean

Purple Angel

Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Kara no Kyoukai is one of my absolute favorites. It's one of the original Type-moon works, but it can be a little tricky to track down

also, the movies aren't in chronological order, they skip around kind of like Haruhi Suzumiya

Member kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny has a reputation beyond repute kuroobunny's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Empty Box
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2012 01:55 AM
    Threads

This anime.. I thought it was for kids at first.. But it became awesome as I watched the anime through.
    This anime also gave me ideas on my imaginary story line of a manga. Hahahaha! Also made me cry, Akemi made me. :|

Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I was looking at some notes online. Gen Urobuchi was the only one who knew what was going on (since he was the writer) and he ended up making like half the staff cry when they saw how sad some of the parts were

Junior Member BlazingPhoenix is on a distinguished road BlazingPhoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2012 03:38 PM
    Threads

I cannot for the life of me figure out the difference between these two. The only difference is the box art, but they seem to contain the same stuff. Anyone know?
    http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=1538442&mba=0
    http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=1721221&mba=0

Thanks

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPhoenix View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out the difference between these two. The only difference is the box art, but they seem to contain the same stuff. Anyone know?
    http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=1538442&mba=0
    http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=1721221&mba=0

Thanks
    The second is cheaper and has Chinese subtitles along with English, the first is English only
    Not to mention the second is in widescreen format

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Junior Member BlazingPhoenix is on a distinguished road BlazingPhoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2012 03:38 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    The second is cheaper and has Chinese subtitles along with English, the first is English only
    Not to mention the second is in widescreen format
    Well yeah, but that doesn't explain why they both say different things for the descriptions. It's like some stuff was forgotten. Also, both versions have widescreen so that's taken care of.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information