AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: France forbids vegetarian and vegan food in the schools

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: France forbids vegetarian and vegan food in the schools

A violation of rights: "You must eat what we give you. No exceptions."

What they're doing: "We will not provide a meal that fulfills vegan or vegetarian dietary habits."

If some one is so involved in their morally superior fantasy, they can bring their own food.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    What, exactly is the problem with this again?
    Depends. If they prohibit religious stuffs to be used in public affairs, then nothing. If they arrest people for saying "god bless you"(or the french equivalent) when someone sneezes, then I think they're being a little pedantic.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 02-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

Nothing at all. Someone's eating habits are not related in any kind, or even comparable to, religion. Anyway, it's pretty silly to force someone to eat meat, or anything that contains animal products. This could mean that not everything has meat inside it, but something else like dairy. I hope this law will be revised when the French government discovers students are not going to be happy with this.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

WTF!? I cannot believe this. Look at ANY recent studies on nutrition and it's impact on our health. Animal products are linked to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and more. It's not rocket science. Japanese are the healthiest, longest living race on the planet. Their diet? Mostly grains, veggies and soy. Westerners are the fattest, unhealthiest ppl, they eat loads of meat, eggs and dairy, all high in fat and full of antibiotics, steroids and all sorts of other nasties I can't pronounce.

The bottom line: feeding children large amounts of animal products = poisoning them with bad foods and teaching them unhealthy habits which can lead to disease.

4. Dislikes blueangel06661 disliked this post
    Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    WTF!? I cannot believe this. Look at ANY recent studies on nutrition and it's impact on our health. Animal products are linked to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and more. It's not rocket science. Japanese are the healthiest, longest living race on the planet. Their diet? Mostly grains, veggies and soy. Westerners are the fattest, unhealthiest ppl, they eat loads of meat, eggs and dairy, all high in fat and full of antibiotics, steroids and all sorts of other nasties I can't pronounce.

The bottom line: feeding children large amounts of animal products = poisoning them with bad foods and teaching them unhealthy habits which can lead to disease.
    Meat does not necessarily need to be unhealthy, but as the French government wants to add animal products to ALL sold wares in schools, there's gonna be a lack of diversity, which, in the long run, causes students to be less able to pay attention, not even starting about the denial of their psychical condition.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Animal products Over consumption has been linked to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and more.
    Fixed

Japanese are the healthiest, longest living race on the planet. Their diet? Mostly grains, veggies and soy.
    You've forgotten fish. The Japanese consume a large quantity of fish.

Westerners are the fattest, unhealthiest ppl, they eat loads of meat, eggs and dairy, all high in fat and full of antibiotics, steroids and all sorts of other nasties I can't pronounce.
    Lol stereotypes.

But they're not telling kids to eat two pounds of ground beef every meal. I can't believe you've already sensationalized the story; that's some sort of record.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuru View Post
    Meat does not necessarily need to be unhealthy, but as the French government wants to add animal products to ALL sold wares in schools, there's gonna be a lack of diversity, which, in the long run, causes students to be less able to pay attention, not even starting about the denial of their psychical condition.
    What? Adding chicken to a sandwich and cheese to a salad isn't going to cause kids to become retarded.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 02-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Angelic Anathema View Post
    Fixed

You've forgotten fish. The Japanese consume a large quantity of fish.
    Yes they do, but fish contain large amounts of mercury not to mention the devastating effects over-fishing is having on our oceans.

Lol stereotypes.

No, it's just a fact. Longest life expectancy: Japan, Highest obesity rate: USA.

But they're not telling kids to eat two pounds of ground beef every meal. I can't believe you've already sensationalized the story; that's some sort of record.

What? Adding chicken to a sandwich and cheese to a salad isn't going to cause kids to become retarded.
    Not retarded, I never used that word, but animal products are not healthy and are linked to western diseases. This is not opinion, it's just fact. I'm not here to argue either. Just to educate. Maybe do some research of your own before critisizing my statements? You may be surprised at what you find. A great place to start is "The China Study".

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Not retarded, I never used that word, but animal products are not healthy and are linked to western diseases. This is not opinion, it's just fact. I'm not here to argue either. Just to educate. Maybe do some research of your own before critisizing my statements? You may be surprised at what you find. A great place to start is "The China Study".

Yes but at the same time, not having animal products in your diet also decline your health in the long run... Just a fact....

Here you go kiddo

People who don't eat meat can, have and very well might obtain: sight problems, skin problems, blood diseases, mouth diseases, ulcers, fatigue is a big one, memory loss, depression (also a big one), rickets, osteomalacia, poor hair health, Osteoporosis, other bone problems (another big one), intestinal disorders and "easily offended" attitudes. Also from the related link below, it states that: "In an even more comprehensive British study involving nearly 8,000 subjects, a Cambridge University professor now says that children born to vegetarian mothers are up to five times more likely to be born with 'deformities' and other birth defects". The scientist leading the research told a Europe Intelligence Wire reporter that "there is a clear association between child deformities and vegetarianism, and this is a cause for concern."" If that doesn't spark some kind of concern for people especially women who neglect meat in their diet, I think you need a heart. Or some kids. Also, look at those teeth you have. Those pointy ones, yeah, incisors, those are there for a reason, to eat meat.
    Your argument is sort of invalid since it can be thrown right back

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I thought that people knew that too much, or too less, from any possible vitamin, mineral or whatever, is generally bad for said consumer. My point in the previous post was, that with the increase of animal products in schools, the health of the students will gradually decline as they already consume enough animal products (and their minerals) during breakfast and dinner. This is easily remedied by having students bring their own lunch, like most usually do, daily.

10. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post

Yes but at the same time, not having animal products in your diet also decline your health in the long run... Just a fact....

Here you go kiddo

Your argument is sort of invalid since it can be thrown right back
    Sigh. I don't know why i'm bothering, but here you go:

http://www.waoy.org/26.html
    http://www.vegsource.com/news/2009/1...of-eating.html
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/09/12/13120.aspx

I have not eaten meat for 14 yrs and never experieced a single one of those ailments (although I have meat-eating friends that have suffered some of those mentioned).
    Trust me I have heard every argument for and against, and looked into both with an open mind. I believe in science, nothing else.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Sigh. I don't know why i'm bothering, but here you go:

http://www.waoy.org/26.html
    http://www.vegsource.com/news/2009/1...of-eating.html
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/09/12/13120.aspx

I have not eaten meat for 14 yrs and never experieced a single one of those ailments (although I have meat-eating friends that have suffered some of those mentioned).
    Trust me I have heard every argument for and against, and looked into both with an open mind. I believe in science, nothing else.
    Oh lookie biased sources!!! And one has a background of chicks... Why would I read something so unprofessional.. One is vegetarian, so biased.. The other one is a lie because I actually have osteoporosis ANNNNNNNNNNND it's because I don't drink milk and thus do not have enough calcium in my bones...

Come'on keep em coming, what other sources ya got??

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/
    http://thechinastudy.com/
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=102306407
    http://vegetarian.about.com/od/veget...ossilfuels.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming

Biased is a little unfair - the meat and dairy industry are worth millions, and have unbelievable marketing budgets. Unlike fruit and veg farmers...

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In sum, “The China Study” is a compelling collection of carefully chosen data. Unfortunately for both health seekers and the scientific community, Campbell appears to exclude relevant information when it indicts plant foods as causative of disease, or when it shows potential benefits for animal products.
    Eat my Google-fu. http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@The Angelic Anathema , The China study is just one of many. And try finding a single scientific study without a negative review somewhere....

Sorry I really am not here to argue. If any of you are genuinely interested in this topic and want to learn more with an open mind, I'll let you do that in your time. I thought I'd weigh in on this thread with what I have learned and experienced over the last 14 yrs (which I thought would count for more than 10 mins of googling) but I didn't expect such a nasty reaction.

Ciao.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@The Angelic Anathema , The China study is just one of many. And try finding a single scientific study without a negative review somewhere....

Sorry I really am not here to argue. If any of you are genuinely interested in this topic and want to learn more with an open mind, I'll let you do that in your time. I thought I'd weigh in on this thread with what I have learned and experienced over the last 14 yrs (which I thought would count for more than 10 mins of googling) but I didn't expect such a nasty reaction.

Ciao.
    Criticism isn't a nasty reaction. Classic hypersensitive vegan self victimization.

Not related, but still humorous.

Also this

Last edited by Anoleis; 02-29-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Someone has to eat all that escargot...

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

for once...i like france! and thats a lot to hear from me. cuz i really hate those people. just a stain on this earth in my eyes. but this is good! vegetarianism is for the weak and deformed, and deformed weak. medium rare meat. i like to taste the animal last emotion. puts a smile on my face

hahaha

BAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

19. Dislikes Jasanime disliked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@The Angelic Anathema Oh no that picture was just so wrong... >___<

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

GOOD! buck that playdoe food.it sucks.

Member stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2014 12:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stocksatron PSN ID: stocksatron

what do you mean whats the problem with this? it prevents freedom of speech, isn't that important at all to you?

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stocksatron View Post
    what do you mean whats the problem with this? it prevents freedom of speech, isn't that important at all to you?

No it doesn't... Just because they don't offer you Tofu doesn't mean you can't bring it... I mean when I was in school, my school didn't offer me some twinkies... I'm on a strict twinkie diet!!! School not serving me my daily serving of twinkies is a violation of my freedom of speech...!!!!!

See how stupid that argument sounds when you replace it with twinkies...
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 03-01-2012 at 10:57 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

24. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They ban conspicuous religious symbols (like crucifixes), not religious speech. I don't see how this is any more of a violation of your freedom to express yourself than the laws that require you to wear pants.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I was talking about religion not food

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

they ban the veil and turbans as well

28. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

fair play my friend

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

[QUOTE=The Angelic Anathema;2653538][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_scarf_controversy_in_France"will come into force in April 2011.[/URL][/QUOTE]

did you miss a memo or something?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    I was talking about religion not food

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

they ban the veil and turbans as well
    francés image is steadily increasing with me
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Closed Thread

Thread Information