AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Eurovision song contest 2011

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Red face Eurovision song contest 2011

Couldn't find any thread about it so I took the opportunity to start one.

Are anyone else going to watch Eurovision song contest tonight? I sure will! I am a typical eurovision song contest nerd. Have been raised to think that its a deadly must to watch it - so my innerself doesn't exactly give that much of a choice... "Watch it or die of anxiety" - so to speak.

The song I hope will win it all tonight is: DENMARK!

Who do you cheer on?

When im still talking about it I can say that one of my all time favorites in eurovision song contest is Swedens
    contribution from 1984:
    Diggi-loo diggi-ley

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Eurovision song contest 2011

Can't wait for tonight....I'm thinking of cheering for Lena (Germany-Last years winner)
    -Slovenia
    -Finland
    Mabey some others too, still not so sure but those three are my favourites so far

As for previous years I had a lot of fave's but UK's in 2006 song was the best ever ^^

Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avril4E View Post
    Can't wait for tonight....I'm thinking of cheering for Lena (Germany-Last years winner)
    -Slovenia
    -Finland
    Mabey some others too, still not so sure but those three are my favourites so far

As for previous years I had a lot of fave's but UK's in 2006 song was the best ever ^^

Oh yeah Finlands is really nice! It's really different from that "hardrock halleluja" (remember that one?) that they had some years ago! hahah! xD THERE we can talk about a change in taste over the years! ^.^

I really like Germanys aswell, the only boring thing that I find about it is that its sounds alot like their song last year. Even if they have the same singer this year, a little different "type of melody" in the song would be welcomed if you asked me anyway. :S But I don't know - maybe they choosed to go with a winning concept? I don't live there so I don't know.

Talking about Slovenia and other songs in generall. I think it's wrong that a song is often sung in one language in their homecountry to be sung in english in the big finale. Often it sounds like a total different song those times. Slovenias song sounds
    definitely better in... the "original" version.

(old song)
    Let's not forget this one (another denmark^.^) ..
    But I just cant remember what year it won. (?) But I really, really love it!

Last edited by SuXrys; 05-14-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post

Oh yeah Finlands is really nice! It's really different from that "hardrock halleluja" (remember that one?) that they had some years ago! hahah! xD THERE we can talk about a change in taste over the years! ^.^

I really like Germanys aswell, the only boring thing that I find about it is that its sounds alot like their song last year. Even if they have the same singer this year, a little different "type of melody" in the song would be welcomed if you asked me anyway. :S But I don't know - maybe they choosed to go with a winning concept? I don't live there so I don't know.

Talking about Slovenia and other songs in generall. I think it's wrong that a song is often sung in one language in their homecountry to be sung in english in the big finale. Often it sounds like a total different song those times. Slovenias song sounds
    definitely better in... the "original" version.

(old song)
    Let's not forget this one (another denmark^.^) ..
    But I just cant remember what year it won. (?) But I really, really love it!

LOL Lordy how can I forget..............It's a big difference!

As for Slovenia I thought that she sang really well......Her English was amazing, even thought I ahven't heard her original song

But every year there are more and more beautiful songs. For ex: do you remember 2009 "Dum Tek Tek" bu Hadise(Turkey) I so loved that song I even woted for her in the finale :3

Set made by me

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To be honest that year I was just glad that she didn't was her predecessor from 2003- because she looked really angry and scary. :S But yeah.. I also cheered the song Turkey had 2009. I usually like their songs.

Turkeys song 2011. It's really good.

Now its soon starts!

Last edited by SuXrys; 05-14-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Yup ...In just ten minutes
    Can't wait :3

Set made by me

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Now it's on! tjohoo!

Do you know btw. were I can watch all the "post cards" that they made for each country?
    (the ones that they showed before all the songs earlier this week)

---------- Post added 05-15-2011 at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-14-2011 at 09:03 PM ----------

Im really and deeply disappointed
    No Stockholm next year! For a moment I actually thought that we would win.. but oh! *sounds very dramatical* those thoughts were smashed like... like ... a rabbits dream of finding a peaceful field full of carrots - far away from all humans. Yes, I will cry myself to sleep. Goodnight.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Wanted to start this thread seen as I've done it two years in a row but was busy last night. Kinda upset Moldova didn't win

Those pointy hat
    but I'll settle for anyone that isn't Jedward.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hahah, when I first saw those pointy hats I was like O_O. I have never seen hats like that before, quite fun! But I don't understand why Azerbaijan won ... it was not even such a good song if you ask me. I thought it would be in the bottom so that took me by surprise that it won the whole thing. Same with Ireland, I loved the song and found it funny to listen to - but I never thought that it would be in such a high ranking place! But hey ... I didn't thought that about Swedens song either so .... In generall this contest was, very much, a unexpected one.

Still! I wanted Denmark to win :'(

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

I despise Eurovision soooo much I wish I could go back in time and shoot the person who created the damn thing

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    I despise Eurovision soooo much I wish I could go back in time and shoot the person who created the damn thing

Why?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Simply because I hate these sort of things, its cheap, tacky, annoying, corrupted, waste of money and I think its embarrasing for the country who's act is really childish and makes a right hash of things.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nah you are just saying that because England usually doesn't get so high scores

I know that deep inside your heart, you love it aswell.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

I think it's nice that we keep this competition going... but money is a problem. There should be like an Eurovision fond or sumthing. But I really don't like that kind of music, but hey... It's fun to look at the weird costumes.

Like Germany's sparkling condom dancers. e.e

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

It's corrupted really. All NON-european countries win it the most these days.
    I really lost interest, since these countries don't interest me at all.
    And also the quality of the songs is often bad.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

I'm amused at reactions here. All Non-European countries win? Click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ontest_winners. Geographically defined Europe stops at the Bosphorus (you know - that straight which is in the middle of Istanbul). Until yesterday no country east of Turkey won the ESC (with the exception of Israel).

Also - money? Hahaha. It was paid by German taxpayers (indeed, they pay for everything these days).

Got my own theory on how winners get picked. It never failed me.
    Last edited by None of the above; 05-15-2011 at 10:08 AM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Eurovision? Never heard of it. I'm in Italy, y'know. Italy isn't part of Europe here; the savage locals believe that Italy = The World. As such, Eurovision isn's casted here and neither in France.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

There was a lot of negative cheering from the public. Expected since most of the countries gave the highest points to their neighbours.

Set made by me

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So it's basically a competition in creating the most mindlessly bland music imaginable.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

^ This.

Also, Jedward ranked higher than Blue. I lol'd.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Closed Thread

Thread Information