AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post

I thoroughly disagree, unless their name is Helga and they look like they could crush you just by looking at you.
    Nothing about this is attractive. Lol

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat, Xeyuzio liked this post
    Junior Member Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565 has much to be proud of Isaach9565's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Red Dango Soul Eater Logo Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2011 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: flamehaze9565

I'm pretty sure fullmetal alchemist is not that sexy but a anime that is sexy and horrific is highschool of the dead

4. Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NaokoElric2250 View Post
    First of all, I did not write the “Naruto” rant. I even stated that.

Next, I cannot stand feminine woman. Prancing around in skirts and dresses, being obsessed with appearance, sometimes the colour pink and being a downright pansy. Urg. Those are not real woman. Real woman are tough and did sink into the stereotypical behaviours, dress code and attitudes of feminine woman.

Well, I think she is. Her skill are only used to serve her male friend, and to drag her away from the main plot. She still a “healer type” since she repairs flesh (almost). Not forgetting her slutty wardrobe of tube tops and mini-skirts. We know she owns several shirts, jeans, tank tops and the like. Why could Arakawa have not put her in them and give her a tank top with the jumpsuit? Oh, wait, I know why: FANSERICE. And I thought a woman would know better *shakes head*.

Yeah, but that does not mean she should serve him like a slave and think he can do a better job than her.

Being a housewife is a waste of time, even if one is as awesome as Izumi. Cooking and cleaning around the house are done when necessary, the same goes for popping down to the supermarket, they are not ‘jobs’.

Well, thank you . To me, it does. It means you are conforming to stereotypes, and showing everyone what they expect to say. Not to mention most are either pathetic, crybaby wimps (like Winry) who do mind being bossed around. They are not real woman to me. Real woman are intelligent, tough and willing to stand up for themselves. I do love intelliget people more than voilent people though, but Sakura and Winry are complete complete ditzes.
    Mademoiselle, I know you did not write the Naruto portion.. but you used it as an example to back up your argument.

With all due respect ma'am, thats your definition of a real woman. Other people have different opinions. So lets not attack "feminine" girls shall we? ^_^

I agree with you that about the fanservice. Winry wears tube tops and skirts during casual occasions.. and that was appealing to some guys (myself included). But when she was working, she wore her work orientated clothes like the jumpsuit and stuff.

Riza thought of herself as a slave? Judging by her character and personality.. I don't think she wants to be treated like a slave. Again.. she is a subordinate for her own reasons.

Izumi runs a butchery with her husband, doesn't she? One needs home economic skills to be properly handle meat products and the like. So being a housewife isn't really a waste of time. You're right that being a housewife is not a job, but like I said earlier, it's a choice. She chose to be one in the same respect that you chose not to be one.

I agree, real woman have intelligence and various strengths. I do not agree with you about me conforming to stereotypes.
    This is because I believe a woman can be what she wants to be. I prefer a girl that can wear a skirt with no problem.. but if she doesn't want to (like you), then thats cool too.

Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2011 12:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I am throughly offended. You must be some big cow who can't fit into skirts and dresses. Who wears nothing but black clothes and make-up like a rainbow threw up on you. So I'll offend you right back. You just said that I was not a real woman. My whole wardrobe consist of pink. I own more skirts and shoes than you probably would know what to deal with. I think this whole rant is you being jealous and forcing only real woman are strong. But what you are putting forth is a minority. and "strong women" are creepy as heck.

I imagine no food in your fridge except a stack of twinkies. Dishes pots and pans all over your kitchen counter. Only to be cleaned when needed again. And the use of the same pair of pants 3 or more times until you get around to cleaning them. I'm a girl. I like cleaning I like nice clothes. I care about how I look.
    I like to cook. It dang sure doesn't mean I'm not a "real" girl. Sure I fit into the sterotype but so what. I'm as real as I can get. I'll put you in your place. I'll hang out with the guys and go race cars. Roll around in the mudd and have a good time. I cry when my feelings are hurt. I can't lift anything more than my own weight.

But you are just pathetic and need to get a life. PS. you don't know what fanservice is...

THIS... is fanservice.

I do apologise, as your measly attempt to offend me was all but futile, as none of that described me in the slightest, nor did describe my home. I am underweight, and I have been since birth. Mostly of my clothing are slightly too big for me, as I am slender, but rather short, and again I have always been so.

I cannot cook due to my eyesight and I do not have the patience, I would not resort to ready-made or ready-meal crap though. My mother cooks for me. I am obsessively clean and tidy; I cannot stand mess, disorganisation, or dirtiness. We do not have ‘twinkes’ over here.

I hardly ever wear make-up. I felt it to be a waste of time, and since I am ugly anyway, it does not really matter. I only put on a bit of nail polish and some lip-gloss or lipstick, such as I am going to do when I go to my prom (I am not wearing a dress, but a jumpsuit, as I could not find any dinner suits. It is in identical to a dress, but instead of a skirt part, it has trousers).

My clothing is aplenty and they are nice as well. What I meant by cleaning when is needed was clearly stupidly misinterpreted by a person as stupid as you. When I said when ‘they need done’ I mean after they would used, you fool!

So many absurd and improvable assumptions have you made. It is almost laughable, but I will not grant you that dignity. Winry’s outfits are fan service. No female mechanic I have seen in real life wear a frelling boob tube under their jumpsuit, and though there may not many, I have seen a few. If they, I would hope they wound instructed to return home and change into something more suitable.

I have a life, as that is over-used and ineffective attempt at an insult. I have a great life, and good people around me, even if I do becoming depressed quite many times. I am intelligent and knowledgeable, and I know this as other have informed me of this.

I want to clear this up too. Woman can cry, cry all they want in fact, they should just save it for the bedroom than insulting real woman like me who only do in their room, albeit rarely and for a very good reason, not the grozit that most woman cry over. "Oh, I just broke up boo hoo hoo", "I'm been proposed to, boo hoo hoo" (even thouh she can do it too) "I'm geting married boo hoo hoo", and other stupid things. "Woman and girls cry too much and men and boys do not cry enough".

7. Thanks EnnisNagato thanked for this post
    Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    Dislikes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I do apologise, as your measly attempt to offend me was all but futile, as none of that described me in the slightest, nor did describe my home. I am underweight, and I have been since birth. Mostly of my clothing are slightly too big for me, as I am slender, but rather short, and again I have always been so.
    Pathetic excuse. I'm 19. I weigh 83lbs and I'm about 4'10. I find clothes that fit me and I can still wear the ones from 6th grade in middle school. Elementary too except they look so tacky there's no way I even would. I can wear prom dresses sure most are for taller people but there are some that are for shorties. You're not even trying.

And women cry when they break up with someone or is proposed to. The first is because it hurts. Have you ever had a BF. To love someone and be so open with them and in most cases have the S word with them. It's hard to suddenly have it end. Though hysterical is uncalled for but crying about it doesn't hurt anyone. I'd cry if my bf broke up with me. But would still have a head on my shoulders. And getting proposed to is a big deal in a womans life. If you really love someone you can't wait for them to pop the question.

And ps. You are really stuck up. Calling yourself intelligent is really ignorant. :| What a turn off.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

9. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nothing about this is attractive. Lol

Well I definetly agree with you there. Woman do not have the body type for that. They can be toned, but some of these female bodybuilders, who have more muscles the men, just make my shiver in the creepiness of it.

11. Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Woman can cry, cry all they want in fact, they should just save it for the bedroom than insulting real woman like me who only do in their room, albeit rarely and for a very good reason, not the grozit that most woman cry over.

>Other women shouldn't cry because it makes me look bad.

Not only are you insufferably stupid, you're beyond ignorant as well. How did you manage to stretch your anus to such a degree as to allow your ridiculously inflated head to enter it?

13. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Pathetic excuse. I'm 19. I weigh 83lbs and I'm about 4'10. I find clothes that fit me and I can still wear the ones from 6th grade in middle school. Elementary too except they look so tacky there's no way I even would. I can wear prom dresses sure most are for taller people but there are some that are for shorties. You're not even trying.
    And women cry when they break up with someone or is proposed to. The first is because it hurts. Have you ever had a BF. To love someone and be so open with them and in most cases have the S word with them. It's hard to suddenly have it end. Though hysterical is uncalled for but crying about it doesn't hurt anyone. I'd cry if my bf broke up with me. But would still have a head on my shoulders. And getting proposed to is a big deal in a womans life. If you really love someone you can't wait for them to pop the question.
    And ps. You are really stuck up. Calling yourself intelligent is really ignorant. :| What a turn off.
    *Coverts to metric system* 5st 13lb…that is even less than me. And I am assuming 4'10 is the same as 4’ 90” here, so you are about the same height as me.
    The trousers legs fit, but I not the waistline. I would rather have to were a belt than to go hunting across the whole town just to find some trousers that actually fit around there. I have some nice belts that though quite random, going from a sparkly, pink leopard-print one to one which is fastened with a simple knot.

It is over. Deal with it. There is not point in sitting there sobbing over it, I will not change anything. That is what I think.

The solution is to not get involved until you are clearly sure. I understand you cannot tell that until you have entered the relationship, but you could al least give it good long thought.

No, I have been informed so, and in comparison to some of the retards that were in my classes, then yes I am. One idiot did not know what the listless meant, even though they and I were, at that time, in fifth year for goodness sake! Tat could just because I love learning and reading, and therefore expanded my knowledge and vocabulary though that, but most the others had barely picked up a book in their lives it seemed.

However, if you were to met me, you would soon see I am the most pessimistic person you will ever met, and have little confidence in myself. And I know it, but I cannot change it. I do care if it is a 'turn off' or not. That implies sexual attraction, which I do not do. I would like someone for their personality, not because I am superficial and like them because they look good. Though that is subject to interpretation.
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 06-01-2011 at 11:23 AM.

15. Thanks EnnisNagato thanked for this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

No, I have been informed so, and in comparison to some of the retards that were in my classes, then yes I am.
    Wow educated people must be really selfish. I'm really glad I'm not intelligent. Calling people retarded. That is so elementary school talk right there. :\ I hope your unborn child has Down Syndrome.

However, if you were to met me, you would soon see I am the most pessimistic person you will ever met, and have little confidence in myself. And I know it, but I cannot change it. I do care if it is a 'turn off' or not.
    All I see is a whiny girl............................. Nothing like your godly definition of "real woman" Wow who knew you were a hypocrite too. This argument.. You just lost. Didn't you say they needed to be emotionally strong and what not. Hmmmmmmmmmm pessimistic typically are not emotionally strong. Hung out with one at lunch. He made me want to choke him nearly everyday.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-01-2011 at 11:36 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

17. Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

So you're malnourished then.

I cannot cook due to my eyesight and I do not have the patience, I would not resort to ready-made or ready-meal crap though. My mother cooks for me. I am obsessively clean and tidy; I cannot stand mess, disorganisation, or dirtiness. We do not have ‘twinkes’ over here.
    So, what's your plan then when you move out on your own? And I thought real women didn't do housework stuff. Certainly seems to be one of the things your against.

I hardly ever wear make-up. I felt it to be a waste of time, and since I am ugly anyway, it does not really matter. I only put on a bit of nail polish and some lip-gloss or lipstick, such as I am going to do when I go to my prom (I am not wearing a dress, but a jumpsuit, as I could not find any dinner suits. It is in identical to a dress, but instead of a skirt part, it has trousers).
    So, just because you don't do something it means real women don't do that. Hate to break it to you but the majority of women tend to be nurturing and it's only natural for someone to want to look good. Part of it is having to do with attracting a mate. Even if you don't plan to marry anytime soon or even get in a relationship. The instinct is still there. And if you want proof this is common throughout the animal kingdom.

My clothing is aplenty and they are nice as well. What I meant by cleaning when is needed was clearly stupidly misinterpreted by a person as stupid as you. When I said when ‘they need done’ I mean after they would used, you fool!
    Yeah, insult harder. Not quite feeling it since you're the one that keeps appearing stupid. Evidenced by the fact that no one has agreed with you yet. Not to mention at least Blue knows how to use the English language properly.

So many absurd and improvable assumptions have you made. It is almost laughable, but I will not grant you that dignity. Winry’s outfits are fan service. No female mechanic I have seen in real life wear a frelling boob tube under their jumpsuit, and though there may not many, I have seen a few. If they, I would hope they wound instructed to return home and change into something more suitable.
    The same could be said about you and the manga/anime. I showed you what fan service was and so did Blue. An outfit unless it's obviously skimpy isn't fan service. It's just an outfit and a tube top isn't revealing at all. There's plenty of woman who wear similar things, just with thin straps, otherwise there's no difference. Even then I'm sure those same women may have a tube top or two. It's common today. If you want woman to cover themselves up I suggest you move to an Arab nation. You'll be much happier there I'm sure.

I have a life, as that is over-used and ineffective attempt at an insult. I have a great life, and good people around me, even if I do becoming depressed quite many times. I am intelligent and knowledgeable, and I know this as other have informed me of this.
    Apparently you're not knowledgeable about the English language.

I want to clear this up too. Woman can cry, cry all they want in fact, they should just save it for the bedroom than insulting real woman like me who only do in their room, albeit rarely and for a very good reason, not the grozit that most woman cry over. "Oh, I just broke up boo hoo hoo", "I'm been proposed to, boo hoo hoo" (even thouh she can do it too) "I'm geting married boo hoo hoo", and other stupid things. "Woman and girls cry too much and men and boys do not cry enough".
    Let me put that this way. Women tend to be more emotional. That's genetic since it serves the role they where genetically designed for. Which is to be nurturing and supportive to their children. Men where designed to be protectors and support the woman and child. Yes we've changed a lot since we first evolved but not everything has been evolved out of us and some of it never will be. There's nothing wrong with that. This explains why men rarely cry. Does that mean we don't feel sad? No, it's just not a natural instinct for us to shed tears.

*Coverts to metric system* 5st 13lb…that is even less than me. And I am assuming 4'10 is the same as 4’ 90” here, so you are about the same height as me.
    The trousers legs fit, but I not the waistline. I would rather have to were a belt than to go hunting across the whole town just to find some trousers that actually fit around there. I have some nice belts that though quite random, going from a sparkly, pink leopard-print one to one which is fastened with a simple knot.

It is over. Deal with it. There is not point in sitting there sobbing over it, I will not change anything. That is what I think.

The solution is to not get involved until you are clearly sure. I understand you cannot tell that until you have entered the relationship, but you could al least give it good long thought.

No, I have been informed so, and in comparison to some of the retards that were in my classes, then yes I am. One idiot did not know what the listless meant, even though they and I were, at that time, in fifth year for goodness sake! Tat could just because I love learning and reading, and therefore expanded my knowledge and vocabulary though that, but most the others had barely picked up a book in their lives it seemed.

However, if you were to met me, you would soon see I am the most pessimistic person you will ever met, and have little confidence in myself. And I know it, but I cannot change it. I do care if it is a 'turn off' or not. That implies sexual attraction, which I do not do. I would like someone for their personality, not because I am superficial and like them because they look good. Though that is subject to interpretation.
    All I got from that is that by your description of a real woman, you're not one at all.

Now, I once again refer you to Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-01-2011 at 12:11 PM.

19. Thanks Token Black Guy, blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've read maybe 40-55% of what you wrote, and in all honesty, though you have your right to an opinion- it seems like a pointless debate; if it was a debate at all. The author wrote the story, which means, the author 'wanted' the story that way. It's her fiction to play with, not ours. Not every story has to be about female power and vice versa with males. Shonen is a genre made for males, usually with action packed sequences and protagonists that young males can connect with. Such a genre capitalizes on the male desires; like shapely females and strong protagonists, and quests for inner strength.

Let's get a definition of Sexism, shall we?

With these definitions in mind, let's think about the purpose of a story. It's entertainment, it can be used to teach life lessons as our ancestors have used them, and otherwise they can just be a general form of expression- even catharsis- as poetry can be. In this case we know a story such as FMA is about entertainment on the outside- regardless of it's inner themes. Truthfully I have not read or seen all of the series- but this is irrelevant, when it comes to the point at hand.

You are saying that it is sexist in general, but have you not thought about the author's intent? Do you really think it's plausible that a writer has a secret inferiority complex and wishes to hide it behind the guise of a manga/anime? Do you really believe she's just some woman who has an inner angst with feminine pride, and wishes to spite equality? OR JUST maybe it is more plausible that she had an idea for a story that JUST SO HAPPENED to have male main protagonists- and that the story JUST SO HAPPENED to focus on their escapades.

You make it seem like you think any story that just so happens to have males at their pivoting points, as main characters from which the audience sees the world, is sexist. Well, I don't see any discrimination, or prejudice going on here. It's one thing to blatantly discriminate against the other gender, no, another person- but it's completely another thing to interpret objectively neutral material as being sexist. =o

You can beg the question all you want, and try to interpret the story as sexist, but just because a story has male main characters doesn't outright mean it's sexist. And don't bring up your point that 'she sees men and women in a such and such way just because she draws them that way', maybe that's just how she's able to draw, maybe it's her style? Or maybe she felt anime/manga was such an open canvas that she could paint her own fantasy world of gender aesthetics, those that would appeal not just to her or the audience but also the story. The buff guy is buff because he's really strong, most of the males in that show seem to come from a military-esque background from what I've seen, so why can't they have the figures to show it? Maybe she represents females in a physically shapely light because she feels all women are beautiful regardless of their shape? As for personalities isn't it possible a character, and again I use this phrase, JUST SO HAPPENS to have a ditzy personality- just like how that guy down the street from you might be a creeper? Do you really believe she created these characters for the specific purpose of being some strange sexist representation of her worldview?

Look; I mean no offense, it just seems like you are beating a dead horse with this. If you don't like how aesthetics sell, and how authors envision their characters, than become one yourself and try to change the mainstream. Otherwise; either use it or get off the toilet.

.___.; Whew, there's my two cents.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

21. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes GameGeeks liked this post
  22. 06-01-2011 01:40 PM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

I do not give a damn if a child has Downs Syndrome. That is genetic and cannot be changed. Why the HELL would I be so heartless as to chastise someone with that condition? I have known people who had it and they lived quite normal lives.
    Well, we do have a tendency to complain. That is partially the definition of it.
    So is the fact women are more emotional. Just like it's genetic that women can't handle the cold as well as men. Sure there's exceptions. But those exceptions don't apply to most people since the definition of exception is diversion of the norm. Just shut up already. All you're doing is arguing with Blue now (and losing), and aren't even on topic in your own thread. Where's Picard when you need him.

24. Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    I've read maybe 40-55% of what you wrote, and in all honesty, though you have your right to an opinion- it seems like a pointless debate; if it was a debate at all. The author wrote the story, which means, the author 'wanted' the story that way. It's her fiction to play with, not ours. Not every story has to be about female power and vice versa with males. Shonen is a genre made for males, usually with action packed sequences and protagonists that young males can connect with. Such a genre capitalizes on the male desires; like shapely females and strong protagonists, and quests for inner strength.

Let's get a definition of Sexism, shall we?

With these definitions in mind, let's think about the purpose of a story. It's entertainment, it can be used to teach life lessons as our ancestors have used them, and otherwise they can just be a general form of expression- even catharsis- as poetry can be. In this case we know a story such as FMA is about entertainment on the outside- regardless of it's inner themes. Truthfully I have not read or seen all of the series- but this is irrelevant, when it comes to the point at hand.

You are saying that it is sexist in general, but have you not thought about the author's intent? Do you really think it's plausible that a writer has a secret inferiority complex and wishes to hide it behind the guise of a manga/anime? Do you really believe she's just some woman who has an inner angst with feminine pride, and wishes to spite equality? OR JUST maybe it is more plausible that she had an idea for a story that JUST SO HAPPENED to have male main protagonists- and that the story JUST SO HAPPENED to focus on their escapades.

You make it seem like you think any story that just so happens to have males at their pivoting points, as main characters from which the audience sees the world, is sexist. Well, I don't see any discrimination, or prejudice going on here. It's one thing to blatantly discriminate against the other gender, no, another person- but it's completely another thing to interpret objectively neutral material as being sexist. =o

You can beg the question all you want, and try to interpret the story as sexist, but just because a story has male main characters doesn't outright mean it's sexist. And don't bring up your point that 'she sees men and women in a such and such way just because she draws them that way', maybe that's just how she's able to draw, maybe it's her style? Or maybe she felt anime/manga was such an open canvas that she could paint her own fantasy world of gender aesthetics, those that would appeal not just to her or the audience but also the story. The buff guy is buff because he's really strong, most of the males in that show seem to come from a military-esque background from what I've seen, so why can't they have the figures to show it? Maybe she represents females in a physically shapely light because she feels all women are beautiful regardless of their shape? As for personalities isn't it possible a character, and again I use this phrase, JUST SO HAPPENS to have a ditzy personality- just like how that guy down the street from you might be a creeper? Do you really believe she created these characters for the specific purpose of being some strange sexist representation of her worldview?

Look; I mean no offense, it just seems like you are beating a dead horse with this. If you don't like how aesthetics sell, and how authors envision their characters, than become one yourself and try to change thse mainstream. Otherwise; either use it or get off the toilet.

.___.; Whew, there's my two cents.
    I do not think that a story with a main male lead is sexist. It pisses me off when a woman does it and badly. J.K Rowling did it right, Arakawa did not. When it has a male protagonist and the female characters are not placed in minority or secondary roles to the males, when written by a female, unlike FMA, then is ok. If not…then the rants sums it up. When the female cast is many times smaller than that of the male cast and is barely in the spotlight, with most scenes containing just one female (usually frelling crying while no-one else is, screaming when no-one else, being frightened when no-one else is, acting like a ditz and getting into trouble when no-one else is…) or none at all, then yes it is sexist for a woman do this.
    She give them those personalities, they did not come into being, she thought about them and made them so.

No. She did not realise that, but I certainly did, and never will I understand how on Earth a woman could write a series such as this.
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 06-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.

26. Thanks EnnisNagato thanked for this post
    Dislikes Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yo yo yo I just heard you cried and left Deviant Art. What happened to being strong? Can't take the heat. LOL. Only whiny loser women cry when someone doesn't like them and calls themselves ugly -reference to earlier in the thread- [That's what 11 year old emo girls on myspace do]

Seems like everyone over there is happy. :]

In any case. And it says you watch these shows "The Simpsons", "Futrurama", "Family Guy" ........ Those are more "sexist" than FMA. Such a hypocrite indeed.

And I found this quote from you

JUSTIN BEIBER PERFUME

Not forgetting that Justin Beiber is crap, but What does a BOY know about FEMALE perfumes? NOTHING! And vbise versa for that matter. link
    Aren't you being sexist for saying a guy can't know anything about perfume? I hate to break it to you but the lingerie company known as Victoria's Secrete was created by a guy. I'm sure half of the perfumes in existence are made by guys just as much as by girls. Just like with female clothing and such. So you want girls to do guy things but gosh forbid if a guy does things related to girl products.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

28. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Naoko, stop being so emo and let it go, your argument has no substance and with your whining you are contradicting what you are trying to preach.

30. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Whoa, this thread is still ongoing??? How long has it been?

Naoko, please, for the sake of world peace, I repeat:
    Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    It's become quite obvious that this argument is pointless and uncompromisable, so let's stop wasting internet space and brain cells.

32. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do think that a story with a main male lead is sexist. It pisses me off when a woman does it and badly. J.K Rowling did it right,
    Did you even read Harry Potter?

Mrs. Weasley is a house wife- Something you think is a waste of time.
    Hermione cries, a lot- something you find weak.
    Bellatrix Lestrange wants to implant Voldemort's "wand" in herself, not mentioning that she's emotionally and mentally unstable.
    Fleur Delacor was a pretty pretty princess, all sorts of girly.
    Ginny was easily manipulated by a book.
    Trelawney is basically given a home and job out of pity.
    Umbridge was a pink fanatic, and had a fetish for cats.
    Nemphadora is a klutz, and cried when she couldn't get Lupin.

Clearly, by your definition of sexism, Rowling is an absolutely horrible misogynist.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 06-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

34. Thanks Miss Moonlight, GameGeeks thanked for this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Don't forget.. Harry Potter is the main male lead. No matter how you look at it. It's named HARRY POTTER. Not Harry Potter and Hermine in some fine print

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

36. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Anoleis liked this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Man this chick is contradicting herself and basically not making a good argument at all. Basically just making herself look really dumb and ignorant. To put into simple terms:

And Naoko, if you still wanna whine about the way women are portrayed in FMA(which has an Industrial revolution styled setting, even though i'm not really a fan of the show), you can put deez in your mouth:

Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

38. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    Did you even read Harry Potter?

Mrs. Weasley is a house wife- Something you think is a waste of time.
    Hermione cries, a lot- something you find weak.
    Bellatrix Lestrange wants to implant Voldemort's "wand" in herself, not mentioning that she's emotionally and mentally unstable.
    Fleur Delacor was a pretty pretty princess, all sorts of girly.
    Ginny was easily manipulated by a book.
    Trelawney is basically given a home and job out of pity.
    Umbridge was a pink fanatic, and had a fetish for cats.
    Nemphadora is a klutz, and cried when she couldn't get Lupin.

Clearly, by your definition of sexism, Rowling is an absolutely horrible misogynist.
    I have to say this quote here destroys the Harry Potter defense.

And yes, she did think about and create them, thus bringing them into being. That's how things are brought into our abstract reality. But what I'm trying to tell you is, that it is far less likely her 'INTENT' is that of sexism-based ideals, instead of a story the way she wanted to write it, With leads that just so happen to be male. Next you'll be telling me Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds was sexist because most of the leading roles are male, and yet, it has nothing to do with themes of gender power.

Just because alphabet soup has noodle letters in it doesn't mean it'll telling children to commit suicide in the school bathroom. What I'm trying to get across is; you can have a curvy ditsy female character in a series, but that doesn't mean the series is sexist.

Would you agree on the opposite end on the spectrum that anime/manga that involves main female leads with few male characters who are placed stereotypically to the side as sexist too? Angelic Layer is an anime series with mostly main female leads, where the male characters are more just a part of the side of the story, and are even the emotional support at times. By similar thought processes here, if I'm gathering right, this would be an anime sexist towards men, correct? Though if you feel this way I whole-heartedly disagree.

As it can go both ways, and if you disagree with that than that's hypocritical.

I'm not trying to tell you to feel differently or admit some lame internet form of defeat, what I am asking you is to open your eyes to objective logic- outside the box even. Just because you paint an exquisite picture of a duck in the waters of a beautiful glade doesn't mean that picture represents Duck-Supremacy. Am I right?

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

40. Likes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yo yo yo I just heard you cried and left Deviant Art. What happened to being strong? Can't take the heat. LOL. Only whiny loser women cry when someone doesn't like them and calls themselves ugly -reference to earlier in the thread- [That's what 11 year old emo girls on myspace do]

Seems like everyone over there is happy. :]

In any case. And it says you watch these shows "The Simpsons", "Futrurama", "Family Guy" ........ Those are more "sexist" than FMA. Such a hypocrite indeed.

And I found this quote from you

Aren't you being sexist for saying a guy can't know anything about perfume? I hate to break it to you but the lingerie company known as Victoria's Secrete was created by a guy. I'm sure half of the perfumes in existence are made by guys just as much as by girls. Just like with female clothing and such. So you want girls to do guy things but gosh forbid if a guy does things related to girl products.
    Did you not read the ‘vise versa’ part? I stated that woman should design male clothing/perfume either, not just one side. You clearly did not understand what I was saying. ‘Vice versa’ is a Latin phase that, in modern terns, means that something previously said applies in the opposite situation. That is what I meant.

I do understand there are good male designers, and good male fashion-savvy people in regards to woman, such as Gok Wan. However, here is the problem: most of the clothing they design are feminine. They are not even in the middle of the “Tomboy - Girly Girl” spectrum, they are feminine. If a mans wants to design something for a woman, then they should make it neutral, not all-out feminine crap. And those men designing female lingerie really saw something about them, do you not think. What is the point in designer pants and bras, anyway? No one is going to see them expect perhaps a partner. If I had partner and she/he said “Check these designer lingerie/boxers” I would be thinking, “…and your point is?”

I just think we know more about our own gender, and therefore will understand what our own gender likes. If someone wants to branch out into the design/story of the opposite gender, well good for them, they should just make sure they did it right.

One female deviant, whose usernae escapes me right now, was kind of sexist. She said FMA would not be dones as good with females *shakes head*.

42. Thanks EnnisNagato thanked for this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Did you not read the ‘vise versa’ part? I stated that woman should design male clothing/perfume either, not just one side. You clearly did not understand what I was saying. ‘Vice versa’ is a Latin phase that, in modern terns, means that something previously said applies in the opposite situation. That is what I meant.
    ... You for one are not intelligent I know what vice versa means. And I know you googled it. On top of that.. You are being sexist by saying men should only deal with men things and woman should only do with woman things? But yet your argument is that you want women to be able to do mens chores instead of womens chores. :|

In the end you are still discriminating against sexes.

Wanna join in a lesbian orgy.. only girls know how to pleasure other girls.. Men don't know anything :/
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-02-2011 at 02:43 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

44. Likes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

... You for one are not intelligent I know what vice versa means. And I know you googled it. On top of that.. You are being sexist by saying men should only deal with men things and woman should only do with woman things? But yet your argument is that you want women to be able to do mens chores instead of womens chores. :|

In the end you are still discriminating against sexes.

Wanna join in a lesbian orgy.. only girls know how to pleasure other girls.. Men don't know anything :/
    Housework isnot a 'woman's thing' it was only forced to be 'woman's work'.

I did not frelling ‘google’ it. I know what I meant because I read books and learn. How dare you say something like that when you do not even know me. I am not stupid.

BTW, not everyone flamed the frell out of my rant. Unlike most people there were ten or so people whom actually understood what I was saying, and they actually thought about it. Some people, though disagreeing with some or most areas, still said it was good as it made them think. Like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comment.png
Views:	100
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	44067
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 06-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.

46. Thanks EnnisNagato thanked for this post
    Dislikes Anoleis, GameGeeks, Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

blahblahblah
    Only stupid people try sooo hard to prove they are not stupid. Real intelligent people don't rub it in.. Especially when they are constantly being proven wrong.

And thats why you have 35 comments on your "wah wah wah I'm leaving" blog.. All 35 are pertained to wanting you gone. No one tried to make you stay. And LOL that one person is probably the only person.

...............Beating a dead horse.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

48. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information