AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New WoW Patch and Such

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Default New WoW Patch and Such

So what do you guys think of the patch that came out last week?

I was a bit mad at Blizzard, I had to redo my Talents, and I had a really good set-up...and I can't even remember what is was now.

I love the new achievements, wicked cool, and adds something to do in the game when your bored or somefing xD.

I heard the new profession was good, but I have yet to check it out.

Also currently in WoW the zombie thing in the major cities, I don't know about you guys but it kinda makes me mad, can't even go afk anymore without dying. It's funny at the same time though xD

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The plague invasion patch was removed just yesterday actually. For me it was a love/hate relationship. I hated having to deal with the plague zombies when I wanted to turn in a quest, but on the other hand, when I had no quests to turn in, killing flightmasters and all the npcs in a town with the plague was incredibly satisfying beyond words.

In any case, complaints about the talent trees belong to each respective class in my opinion. I could look up what to complain about, but as a levelling mage the new talent trees HARDLY affected the frost tree at all. No qualms here in any case.

My account with my 70 Rogue is inactive at the moment however, so I can't really report how the new changes in the talents affect high end arena play.

Oh yeah, and achievements are awesome.
    Last edited by Cantelope; 10-28-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Senior Member *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2008 03:30 PM
    Threads

What?! They removed the plauge? Man, I haven't been on in two days, oh well it was annoying anyways.

I liked the new hair styles, and some of the new skills. The talent point thing bothered me though (I'm a mage in the arcane area and they added some new stuff and I couldn't choose between it and how my tree used to be) , and there were way too many restarts, they should've spent a little extra time to work out the program to make less bugs (I know harder than it sounds but not impossible a restart every half a day is rediculous in my opinion). I suppose it was really love hate for me as well.

I love the achievements though, I tried to get as many as possible right then and there.

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Yeah I'm a Hunter, and I actually used all my PTS to get the Exotic pet skill, but now I am not as good in PVP >.>

Yeah I also had that love/hate thing with the zombies, maybe they'll out it back the weekend before the expansion comes out or something.

I was looking at the ahcievments are some are HARD xD I been working on the exploration ones.

the one where you get jenkins on your name is so funny.

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

I count the Zombie Infestation in the same category as Brewfest '07. Good idea, it works well and is fun, but leave it up to the wonderful userbase to take it to an illogical and borderline griefing extreme.

Everything else I approve of, aside from Retribution Paladins being able to heal comparable to me. That's just BULL CRAP, I may as well go mostly Ret with a few points into Holy.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Junior Member Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire has a reputation beyond repute Felidire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2009 03:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 5422 6831 8228 8893

I don't mind, They gave feral huge buffs. and they refunded my talents, twice!

1/50 chance that anyone else here plays on Dreadmaul(US)? xD
    Inhale the light. Relax for some time,
    The world outside stays numb tonight.
    Free your mind, express the forgotten..
    The world inside is yours tonight.

Minus - In Flames

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

First Blizzard and Starcraft rip off Warhammer and when Tyranids make it into DoW2 they crazed fan-boys are crying the Warhammer are copying Blizzard (Zerg/Tyranids, Space Marines/Space Marines, Protoss/Eldar - you have to bare in mind the Warhammer races were made in the early 1980's, way before Starcraft ever came out.) now Blizzard WoW rips off WAR.

Read

http://waaagh.wordpress.com/2008/06/...s-cloning-who/

And read first post in this thread.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/for...d.php?t=158371
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 11-08-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thank you for the insight on the latest patch.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by [BlackDeath] View Post
    First Blizzard and Starcraft rip off Warhammer and when Tyranids make it into DoW2 they crazed fan-boys are crying the Warhammer are copying Blizzard (Zerg/Tyranids, Space Marines/Space Marines, Protoss/Eldar - you have to bare in mind the Warhammer races were made in the early 1980's, way before Starcraft ever came out.) now Blizzard WoW rips off WAR.

Read

http://waaagh.wordpress.com/2008/06/...s-cloning-who/

And read first post in this thread.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/for...d.php?t=158371
    Hurr hurr hurr, because seeing a good idea from a rival and implementing a version of it in your own game is sneaky and underhanded, and any new game or expansion of any sort in any game is not allowed to use anything from any of the potential market rivals, amirite?

No, it's called business. They didn't throw out a C&D at WAR to make them take Achievements out, they're just giving their userbase an incentive to stay with them by offering features similar to ones their rival found were well-recieved.

As for the implication that seige weaponry and a dedicated PvP zone was somehow "stolen" from Warhammer, three things:

1) The models for said seige weapons have been in the game since release, and they've always said they had planned to implement them somehow.

2) If PvP zones were stolen from Warhammer, Warhammer stole them from Guild Wars.

3) If seige weapons were stolen from Warhammer, controlling a single "hero" character in a world in which during previous iterations you control groups of people was stolen from WoW. GIVE US BACK SINGLE-UNIT GAMEPLAY, WARHAMMER. ZOMG CORPORATE ESPIONAGE.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Hurr hurr hurr, because seeing a good idea from a rival and implementing a version of it in your own game is sneaky and underhanded, and any new game or expansion of any sort in any game is not allowed to use anything from any of the potential market rivals, amirite?

No, it's called business. They didn't throw out a C&D at WAR to make them take Achievements out, they're just giving their userbase an incentive to stay with them by offering features similar to ones their rival found were well-recieved.

As for the implication that seige weaponry and a dedicated PvP zone was somehow "stolen" from Warhammer, three things:

1) The models for said seige weapons have been in the game since release, and they've always said they had planned to implement them somehow.

2) If PvP zones were stolen from Warhammer, Warhammer stole them from Guild Wars.

3) If seige weapons were stolen from Warhammer, controlling a single "hero" character in a world in which during previous iterations you control groups of people was stolen from WoW. GIVE US BACK SINGLE-UNIT GAMEPLAY, WARHAMMER. ZOMG CORPORATE ESPIONAGE.
    Ignorance is always bliss, congrats for taking stupidity to the next level. <3

We can tell who the biased fan boy is.

#1 Siege Weapons were also used in others MMORPGS before WAR, Lineage II anyone? And I wasn't implying anything about them.
    #2 Is wrong, Guild Wars does have zones, WAR has open RvR, learn the difference.
    #3 I just don't even get, is that WoW or Warcraft RTS because you don't control hero units in WAR and DoW has to have them as that is part of the lore, which believe it or not the Warhammer lore has been around longer than Blizzard has been in business.

Not to mention the cooperative quests was another idea taken.

So Blizzard, already with a popular MMORPG with it's 10 million+ subscribers has to take ideas from another company who isn't even a threat? That shows they are even more pathetic. Blizzard had no plans to release any of these ideas, even the the WoTLK explansion beta none of this was included until WAR had been released. I don't think it's good business to steal others ideas it would be better if they came up with their own idea to try and better the competition but Jesus that is low of them. Now we got 10milion fans defending them hallelujah. Even Guild Wars would add something new and you would see that in the next WoW patch.
    Last edited by Kishiro; 11-11-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Edited for language.

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

/facepalm

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    /facepalm
    I support this. O_o;
    Wow Black Death you sure let us know so much about the new patch i just can't believe it.Very good.

By the way you talk you would rather seem like a "biased fan boy".

If it is that way then each new game is a stolen idea.O_o;
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
    If it is that way then each new game is a stolen idea.O_o;
    Most games use the ideas of others as reference and build up from that, not just take the idea and basically copy it. They turn something other people have thought up and make it something else by adding in something from their own creativity.

By the way you talk you would rather seem like a "biased fan boy".p
    I admit I like Warhammer, but then again I like Warcraft also I just don't think it is fair, credit needs to given where it is due. I suppose if I take something you made and call it my own you wouldn't be upset or angry? Say a piece of art, or writing, or something you made/created. You also have to bare in mind the hours and time and effort people who actually put into developing these things only for someone else to slap their own brand name onto it and call it their own, must be frustrating.

I am not biased, just have around a decade of experience playing MMO's with a list of more than 20 different games =) Believe it or not it isn't the only MMO and there have been lots before it.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 11-09-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Actually, because you are obviously unaware, Warhammer is a tabletop army-based game. You purchase units, each costing points, to fit a certain cap, normally I see 2000.

Warcraft is a Real-Time Strategy game, with a focus on resource management and building units.

Both have Hero characters. In WoW, you play one character. In WAR, you play one character.

If you get to whine about Achievements, I get to whine about WAR not being at least squad-based. Just to spite you. <3

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually, because you are obviously unaware, Warhammer is a tabletop army-based game. You purchase units, each costing points, to fit a certain cap, normally I see 2000.

Warcraft is a Real-Time Strategy game, with a focus on resource management and building units.

Both have Hero characters. In WoW, you play one character. In WAR, you play one character.

If you get to whine about Achievements, I get to whine about WAR not being at least squad-based. Just to spite you. <3
    Stop bringing up irrelevent information that doesn't pertain to our little 'debate'.

I do know about Warhammer, I did use to play/build/paint/collect them. But the whole lore existed before the Warcraft RTS game research and get some facts before hand please. Do you know a game called Dawn of War? If I remember correctly that isn't a table top game.

You're getting genre's mixed up, RPG's are not MMO's, you are not the center of the story, you are not the main hero, you are one person in a world with a large number of other players. The MMO story (if any) doesn't revolve around just yourself.

I don't care about the game not being squad based, that isn't the issue. Why do you keep trying to change the topic? I am not whining I am raising a point which you can't seem to understand or even be respectful enough to give me a valid argument. Instead of trying to turn this into a flame war go play with your Pokemons whilst I wait to hear someone elses opinion who probably will have something more valid to say.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 11-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Stop bringing up irrelevent information that doesn't pertain to our little 'debate'.
    Oh, THIS should be fun to reply to. =D

I do know about Warhammer, I did use to play/build/paint/collect them. But the whole lore existed before the Warcraft RTS game research and get some facts before hand please. Do you know a game called Dawn of War? If I remember correctly that isn't a table top game.
    Yes, and do you recall that Warcraft was on the video game market a decade before DoW was released? If I remember correctly 1994 came before 2004. In fact, as the industry lore tells it, Warcraft was originally a Warhammer game before the license was pulled, and since the game was mostly done they just pushed ahead and finished it with their own story.

This has nothing to do with who came first though, and my argument is and always has been that your position of "Blizz stole ideas from WAR tat's unfare lolz" is retarded.

You're getting genre's mixed up, RPG's are not MMO's, you are not the center of the story, you are not the main hero, you are one person in a world with a large number of other players. The MMO story (if any) doesn't revolve around just yourself.
    Where did I say anything about RPGs and MMOs being the same or different? I am merely pointing out that Blizzard changed the perspective at which each player plays, and then WAR did the same after the fact. I am using your ridiculous logic and applying it to an equally ridiculous circumstance.

I don't care about the game not being squad based, that isn't the issue. Why do you keep trying to change the topic? I am not whining I am raising a point which you can't seem to understand or even be respectful enough to give me a valid argument. Instead of trying to turn this into a flame war go play with your Pokemons whilst I wait to hear someone elses opinion who probably will have something more valid to say.
    Well considering that you linked two articles as evidence, anything they add in is fair game. If you'd bothered to read them, they spoke about Seige Engines being stolen from WAR, Achievements stolen from WAR, and even attempted to say they stoled WORLD PVP from WAR. If you disagree with the articles, why would you post them as support for your position without saying "by the way, these parts I don't agree with but they raise a valid point here?"

I'M attempting to turn this into a flame war? Weren't YOU the one that decided to label me as a biased fanboy? Now, to add to that, you're attempting to be dismissive by telling me to go play with my "Pokemons" while you sit here and wank over how awesome your opinion is.

I'm not saying that businesses don't take ideas from other businesses. I'm saying the exact opposite, in fact. I'm saying it's commonplace and really isn't looked down upon until you actually do something to stop the other person from using their version of it. However, because someone's decided to point out that you've taken up an extreme point of view that's just a little crazy, they must be a blind fanboy who can't stick to the facts, amirite?

Lemme break it down into an analogy anyone could understand. Say we both draw pictures, and sell these pictures. You have been selling them for longer than I have, and have an established customer base. To attract customers of my own, I draw a picture of a bunny, we'll say the bunny is gray. People like this bunny, and may be persuaded to buy it. You, seeing that people like the bunny, also draw a bunny. Your bunny is, we'll say, brown.

My position is that unless you somehow try to stop me from selling my bunny, there is absolutely nothing wrong with drawing your brown bunny. It may even be better than my bunny, but that's for the people buying them to decide.

Your position, as I understand it and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, is that my bunny was drawn first and you're a no good rotten cheating thieving scumbag for drawing a brown bunny, and doubly so because you were drawing first so you shouldn't NEED to draw bunnies.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like how one of you is insulting the other for being ignorant, and when clearly proven wrong about person 1 being ignorant, person 2 results to petty insults like calling them vulgarities that aren't allowed on the site.

I reported the thread, I hope you enjoy your third or fourth banning there, Black. I forget what the number is, but I know it's around there.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm not saying that businesses don't take ideas from other businesses. I'm saying the exact opposite, in fact. I'm saying it's commonplace and really isn't looked down upon until you actually do something to stop the other person from using their version of it. However, because someone's decided to point out that you've taken up an extreme point of view that's just a little crazy, they must be a blind fanboy who can't stick to the facts, amirite?

Lemme break it down into an analogy anyone could understand. Say we both draw pictures, and sell these pictures. You have been selling them for longer than I have, and have an established customer base. To attract customers of my own, I draw a picture of a bunny, we'll say the bunny is gray. People like this bunny, and may be persuaded to buy it. You, seeing that people like the bunny, also draw a bunny. Your bunny is, we'll say, brown.

My position is that unless you somehow try to stop me from selling my bunny, there is absolutely nothing wrong with drawing your brown bunny. It may even be better than my bunny, but that's for the people buying them to decide.

Your position, as I understand it and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, is that my bunny was drawn first and you're a no good rotten cheating thieving scumbag for drawing a brown bunny, and doubly so because you were drawing first so you shouldn't NEED to draw bunnies.
    That is exactly my point, Blizzard has already built a fan-base and quite a large and successful one at that. So why do they need take the 'bunny' from another up-coming title? It has taken points of the other game which separates it from others, so instead of it being different people will now label it as a WoW clone when it wasn't the case. The fact is WAR had these concepts and ideas implemented before WoW and WoW only recently added its patch, only cause of the release of WAR some month or so ago that those features of the patch got added, before hand there was no plans to do so. So in this case Mythic had drawn the first bunny, WoW drew the brown bunny but does have the large fan-base. Can you see what I am getting at?

Yes, and do you recall that Warcraft was on the video game market a decade before DoW was released? If I remember correctly 1994 came before 2004. In fact, as the industry lore tells it, Warcraft was originally a Warhammer game before the license was pulled, and since the game was mostly done they just pushed ahead and finished it with their own story.
    I do know Warcraft was released before DoW. You said Warhammer was just a table top game so I just mentioned DoW but also table top Warhammer is also a strategy be it a turn based one a strat non the less.

I got nothing against WoW, I play it, I like it, I just don't like people who take things especially when it's one of the major selling points of another product. Also with the fan-boy thing, I didn't specifically target you it was a more generalized labeling. Surely someone as smart as you wouldn't take offense from that?

Also leave your name if you bad rep, it's kinda cowardly don'cha think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I like how one of you is insulting the other for being ignorant, and when clearly proven wrong about person 1 being ignorant, person 2 results to petty insults like calling them vulgarities that aren't allowed on the site.

I reported the thread, I hope you enjoy your third or fourth banning there, Black. I forget what the number is, but I know it's around there.
    If you don't have anything constructive to say about it then don't spam please, as someone who used to be a mod I would've expected something a bit more from you.

But in response you are thinking of Deathscythe who got banned a few times, myself, none. There hasn't been anything wrong done here, we are just having a discussion is all. Nothing wrong with both of us trying to get our points across is there? Last time I checked this was a public forum right?

But I don't appreciate being called black, racism!

/gasps
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 11-10-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That is exactly my point, Blizzard has already built a fan-base and quite a large and successful one at that. So why do they need take the 'bunny' from another up-coming title? It has taken points of the other game which separates it from others, so instead of it being different people will now label it as a WoW clone when it wasn't the case. The fact is WAR had these concepts and ideas implemented before WoW and WoW only recently added its patch, only cause of the release of WAR some month or so ago that those features of the patch got added, before hand there was no plans to do so. So in this case Mythic had drawn the first bunny, WoW drew the brown bunny but does have the large fan-base. Can you see what I am getting at?

I do know Warcraft was released before DoW. You said Warhammer was just a table top game so I just mentioned DoW but also table top Warhammer is also a strategy be it a turn based one a strat non the less.

I got nothing against WoW, I play it, I like it, I just don't like people who take things especially when it's one of the major selling points of another product. Also with the fan-boy thing, I didn't specifically target you it was a more generalized labeling. Surely someone as smart as you wouldn't take offense from that?

Also leave your name if you bad rep, it's kinda cowardly don'cha think
    First off, I wasn't the one that bad repped you. I would have been MUCH more clever with the response I left if I had. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Forsaken One or Cantelope, based on how it's written.

Second, I don't take offense to being called a fanboy when you're ignorant of the point I'm trying to make, however I wasn't the one that was "starting a flame war" and I was pointing out that you were the one calling names.

Third, I still hold my position that your argument is silly, and I maintain my argument that WAR has stolen from WoW by taking a game that was originally played with multiple units and shrunk the perspective down to a single soldier purely to offer a dissenting, equally ridiculous opinion. It seems we are at an impasse, and so I'm content with letting it die.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 11-10-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Third, I still hold my position that your argument is silly, and I maintain my argument that WAR has stolen from WoW by taking a game that was originally played with multiple units and shrunk the perspective down to a single soldier purely to offer a dissenting, equally ridiculous opinion. It seems we are at an impasse, and so I'm content with letting it die.
    This always get me, is this reference to the RTS or the MMO?

At least we can agree on one thing, let this die and move on.

Peace

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

This always get me, is this reference to the RTS or the MMO?

At least we can agree on one thing, let this die and move on.

Peace
    The RTS was squad-based much like the tabletop game(just with added resource management), the MMO is a change of perspective from this, as the player is controlling a single soldier in the army as opposed to the entire army.

The preceding sentence can be easily applied to both DoW/WAR and Warcraft/WoW, just remove the tabletop mention for WoW.

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

First off, I wasn't the one that bad repped you. I would have been MUCH more clever with the response I left if I had. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Forsaken One or Cantelope, based on how it's written.
    Not it.

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

Well just to say i was not the one who bad reped you but now i did since you oh so acted stupidly and not asked a mod or anything but just took a blind guess.I would also not insult or anything since it is not my style.You know you don't need to post in a thread to be able to bad rep.

Sorry for not being on topic.My bad.
    Last edited by Brewmaster; 11-10-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@FO: true, but rarely have I seen lurkers give rep that actually pertain to the thread, and you guys are the more... vocal people that aren't me in current WoW threads.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm going to remind you all ONCE, in this thread.

No spam posts.
    No flaming.

Get over it, and the petty arguing or I close it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information