AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 10-YO Kills Neo-Nazi Father

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default 10-YO Kills Neo-Nazi Father

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...rney-says.html

A ten-year-old boy killed his neo-Nazi father by shooting him while the man sat on his living room couch last Sunday.
    The shooting is being labeled as intentional and the boy's attorney shows no intentions of claiming it to be otherwise.

"According to court records the boy had a history of aggression and violence after his parents went through a bitter divorce, with both Hall and his ex-wife, Leticia Neal of Spokane, Wash., accusing each other of abusing and neglecting the children. Hall was granted full custody of the children."

"Last year Neal filed for custody of her two children with Hall, the 10-year-old boy and his 9-year-old sister, saying she was concerned about the children’s well-being because of the father’s affiliation with the neo-Nazi group. Hall had opposed the motion, saying that Neal had had no contact with the children for six years."
    It has been reported that the father was asleep as his son killed him.

Discuss. How should the court rule? He is being charged as a juvenile.
    Last edited by Skilero; 05-07-2011 at 03:58 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 10-YO Kills Neo-Nazi Father

At that age you don't have the ability to understand the full consequences of your actions the way an adult does. Your brain simply isn't mature enough. The trial itself is therefore fairly pointless, as it's akin to putting a dog on trial for biting someone. Really, nobody younger than 15 belongs in a courtroom. It just makes no sense. If you are that young, you don't review legal precedent to figure out if you can get away with a crime, you just do it without thinking of the consequences, so it won't serve as a deterrent. And repeat offenses is fairly unlikely, as these types of crimes occur due to a lack of the sort of rational thinking adults are capable of, but as you grow up, you develop that ability.

He should go to therapy for the distress the trial will put him through and then be sent to a foster home.

Putting him in prison would be ridiculous. That would create a hardened criminal out of someone who has the potential to lead a perfectly normal life. Not only will it give the child contacts with criminal elements he'd never meet otherwise and pick up all sorts of tricks of the trade, prison time stunts emotional growth, so he'd still be just as dangerous when he got out.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-07-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

3. Thanks GameGeeks thanked for this post
    Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Just because the father was a neo-Nazi doesn't mean that the boy should get any preferential treatment. The fact is, he still murdered another human being.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    He should go to therapy for the distress the trial will put him through and then be sent to a foster home.
    He should go to therapy for shooting his father. Not for the stress caused by court, that's just ridiculous.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    He should go to therapy for shooting his father. Not for the stress caused by court, that's just ridiculous.
    There is no inherent trauma in shooting your father as a child, it's just an action like any other, that they probably understand is wrong but not quite the full extent of the ramifications. So virtually all emotional distress is from the adult world reacting to the action.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

While I certainly don't shed any tears over the death of a Neo-Nazi, his death certainly shouldn't go without just punishment, which in this case should be to send the kid to extensive therapy so he doesn't self-destruct and make a total mess out of himself.

Convicting a child who does not and cannot understand the consequences of his actions is utter nonsense. It accomplishes nothing. Let the kid understand just what it is that he's done and try to serve some measure of remorse for the taking of a human being's life by living his out as best he can. Case closed.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If there's one thing film, books, and video games have taught me is that it's completely OK to kill any number of Nazis and you'll never be punished legally for doing so.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

9. Likes DOOM!, miniPhil, Ashminigun, GameGeeks, Anoleis liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    If there's one thing film, books, and video games have taught me is that it's completely OK to kill any number of Nazis and you'll never be punished legally for doing so.
    You certain that includes neo nazis? I can only recall examples including original Nazis and Space Nazis.

11. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You certain that includes neo nazis? I can only recall examples including original Nazis and Space Nazis.
    If anything, due to the fact they look indistinguishable from vagrants and/or street punks they are even more killable-without-consequences.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

13. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

To be fair, therapy can help a person mature - not just help them overcome trauma or mental issues. He should have therapy to ensure he can cope with the fact that he killed his father in the future and he can function as a responsible adult in society. The fact is, the boy will become much more self-aware in only a couple of years and will need to have some sort of outlet in therapy if he has any hope of living in sanction.

There is no inherent trauma in shooting your father as a child, it's just an action like any other, that they probably understand is wrong but not quite the full extent of the ramifications. So virtually all emotional distress is from the adult world reacting to the action.
    And it is this adult world that this boy will have to become a part of someday. He will then have realize what he's done and accept it in a healthy manner. The chances of this positive outcome happening are much greater when a therapist is there to guide the way for the mental struggles to come.
    Last edited by Skilero; 05-07-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Junior Member janetC is on a distinguished road janetC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2014 11:13 PM
    Threads

I heard the news too. The boy was convicted of second-degree murder in 2011 after he told the police that he shot his father while sleeping on the couch. Also, the trial testimony revealed that the boy may have told his sister he planned to shoot their father in the days prior. It was also found out that the boy showed a prior history of violence including incidents where he allegedly threatened his teachers. Oh my! When he comes out at 23, we've got a big problem!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Legal or not, what he did was the right thing. Nazis ("neo" or otherwise) are nothing but vile scum. I hope the jury does what is called "jury nullification". Jury nullification means a jury returning a "not guilty" verdict, even though they realize that he committed the crime.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unless the father was abusive or mean in some way ... then it's about that too. Unless the kid is a non-feeling sociopath, I don't think he will be dealing with just the adult world's reactions to what he did.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Legal or not, what he did was the right thing. Nazis ("neo" or otherwise) are nothing but vile scum. I hope the jury does what is called "jury nullification". Jury nullification means a jury returning a "not guilty" verdict, even though they realize that he committed the crime.
    That isn't how the real world works. The real world doesn't usually allow people to commit murder and then get off free. There is clear evidence and he even admitted to it.

He was young, but he will if not already payed for his actions.

Though, he needs therapy.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    That isn't how the real world works. The real world doesn't usually allow people to commit murder and then get off free. There is clear evidence and he even admitted to it.

He was young, but he will if not already payed for his actions.

Though, he needs therapy.
    It's unusual, but sometimes a jury does what is called "jury nullification". Look it up on Google or Wiki, if you aren't familiar with it. If jury nullification should ever happen in any court case, this case is most certainly one that it should happen in.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Well, there have been accusations of abuse but nothing concrete. Plus, evidence shows there is no prior altercation that could have led to this. Was the child being abused and resorted to this or what? Does the father have any official criminal record? Granted the father is a lowest piece of crap you can get, I got mixed feelings on this one. I don't see him the same as a child in Africa that is senselessly murdered in a 3rd world country.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Christ on a bike, this thread is 3 years old. Let it rest in peace.

Closed Thread

Thread Information