AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Youtube got raped....

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Youtube got raped....

@Ranshiin
    People really don't get it, do they?

When you release a new "version" it's supposed to be an improvement, not a downgrade. People like practical things, that's a proven fact. Who likes things that are overcomplicated (not that this layout is). People always like the easy route.

Another point is don't fix what it's not broken.

This is the mentality I hate, people keep eating the crap they throw as long as "it works, making the product worse and worse by updates and people still eat the crap they are throwing.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    @Ranshiin
    Another point is don't fix what it's not broken.

This is the mentality I hate, people keep eating the crap they throw as long as "it works, making the product worse and worse by updates and people still eat the crap they are throwing.
    How are we supposed to get improvements then, silly? I personally think it's amazing, I love how easy it is on the eyes and the how smoothly every transitions, the playlist in the side is also pretty cool. You can please everyone, in a year or two when Google changes it again people will be saying "this sucks, I loved the older one better".
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a R b a c Y k View Post
    How are we supposed to get improvements then, silly? I personally think it's amazing, I love how easy it is on the eyes and the how smoothly every transitions, the playlist in the side is also pretty cool. You can please everyone, in a year or two when Google changes it again people will be saying "this sucks, I loved the older one better".
    You ask the community...You just don't go and screw it up. Believe it or not, want it or not, there's communities on Yt.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    To be fair everyone bitched about the previous Youtube layout change.

But ... really, when you change the layout you should be making it easier to navigate, not making it more complicated. And, the problem is that despite all the good points (I do actually like the new player/playlist window), there are other things that have just gone backwards.

It just feels ... incomplete. Surely you can agree on that?
    Yes, I'll give you that =]

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You ask the community...You just don't go and screw it up. Believe it or not, want it or not, there's communities on Yt.
    To be honest, they would probably screw it up, a good majority of the community in YouTube are idiots.
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To be honest, they would probably screw it up, a good majority of the community in YouTube are idiots.
    Yes and no, it's a 60% for idiots and 40% for smart people. I kind of agree with you about people possibly making the wrong choice but fact is, the majority hates this new layout.

7. Likes Jozette liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't really mind it.. Though I might get a cat and join the kitteh side of youtube.. Maybe.
    Instant notifs don't bother me.. As I never check them.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Yes and no, it's a 60% for idiots and 40% for smart people. I kind of agree with you about people possibly making the wrong choice but fact is, the majority hates this new layout.
    I'm pretty sure it has to be more than 60% percent. I've seen the new YouTube go either way with people to be honest, just the ones that hate it are so loud and annoying about it. Honestly, don't you think Google studies what people like, they probably know more about us then anyone else.
    人類は調和したのか?

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It'll take some getting used to. I personally find it more confusing, but I'm sure once I get used to it and use it more I won't mind. Like every other change, it's annoying at first but you get used to it.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Member deleteted34567907 has a spectacular aura about deleteted34567907 has a spectacular aura about deleteted34567907 has a spectacular aura about deleteted34567907's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Portal Blueportal Katana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2013 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Aside from the main problems I have with the new layout, one thing that really bugs me is how plain it looks, put a few darker colours in.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure it has to be more than 60% percent. I've seen the new YouTube go either way with people to be honest, just the ones that hate it are so loud and annoying about it. Honestly, don't you think Google studies what people like, they probably know more about us then anyone else.
    Nah, they are just jumping that Windows 8-ish or Metro GUI bandwagon like everyone else.

-looks at PSN store-

However, while it looks pretty....it's worse than the old version.

By asking a community, I was more leaning to stuff like making a poll. Idiots are idiots but idiots like things easy to use too. Who doesn't?

TBH, that big donkey space it's really my only issue right now and it's bothering the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Nah, they are just jumping that Windows 8-ish or Metro GUI bandwagon like everyone else.

-looks at PSN store-

However, while it looks pretty....it's worse than the old version.

By asking a community, I was more leaning to stuff like making a poll. Idiots are idiots but idiots like things easy to use too. Who doesn't?

TBH, that big donkey space it's really my only issue right now and it's bothering the hell out of me.
    The majority of people are idiots, do you really want them picking what you use, I know I don't. And if it's the in thing obviously people like it.
    人類は調和したのか?

Member ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Capricorn L Laptop Death Note
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 04:59 PM
    Threads

I agree. The setups get more confusing as well.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The majority of people are idiots, do you really want them picking what you use, I know I don't. And if it's the in thing obviously people like it.
    Youtube has a lot of users, you probably hang around the wrong side of YT. To be honest, I'm not gonna discuss about something that is just a hypthesis (whether idiots would choose the wrong or good idea) I got two partnered youtube channels since 2009....I dealt with A LOT more kinds of people than you so I know all of them from every shape, size and form. To be honest I am not disagreeing with you because you're not wrong but the fact that they are making it worse by every change...Sure, people learn to adapt but Youtube 2007/2008 >>>>> 2011/2012. What happened to the customization of our channels? Before we had a 2MB limit when it came to BGs and all.....it's silly.

Obviously still asking the community is better then these so called professional giving us what we dont want.

Not if there's massive complains about it, lol.

EDIT: A lot of Youtube partners are hating it....People grow to like the old one because while it's still inferior, it worked and people got no other choice. People are forced to like things these days since it's not like they are just gonna leave.

I'll just give it a few days for them to improve some of the mistakes though. And add more color of course....Otherwise, I guess I'll just use Stylish to add my own customization like I do for forums like this one, NF and other forums/websites.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Senior Member Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Popsicle Cookie Ramen
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2015 09:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I'm so so on the new youtube. I mean now it runs like super slow and it makes my brothers complain which I have to hear since they always choose me as their person to rant to. I like the new layout though
    "I would destroy this city or anything else she asked"

Maki the Contractor

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It seems to change all the time. Youtube's UI designers are really apt at changing around things and having you guess where they put stuff.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I switched to Vimeo for like 3 hours, and afterwards decided to create a website linking all my work together

(no more terrible YouTube layout - at least for me that is)

I even attached my forum to it

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

And once again I don't see what all of the fuss is about. YouTube has never made a single change that effected me negatively, aside from the removal of the "Friends" feature.

~Made by me~

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hate it. So much.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Feels all powerful.

Except, it works in my two personal accounts but not my two main accounts. =\

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    And once again I don't see what all of the fuss is about. YouTube has never made a single change that effected me negatively, aside from the removal of the "Friends" feature.
    Yeah, that sucked.

And when they removed the 5 star scoring system and reset everything.

Closed Thread

Thread Information