AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few wallpapers i made a while back in highschool!

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default A few wallpapers i made a while back in highschool!

Here ya go, sorry for the "lack of quality" They are old and id say that most of them were made either for 1920x1200 or your average squared computer lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sammywallpaper.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	60722

Name:	DesktopwithhelpfromAnni.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	60723

Name:	YuffieWallpaper.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	60724

Name:	RoadBackground.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	60725

Name:	CoolEurekaWallpaper.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	60726

I have also made a Youtube tutorial on how i made a lot of these. Feel free to ask meh for teh link xD

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: A few wallpapers i made a while back in highschool!

Please be sure to read the wallpaper rules before posting

4) Please keep threads to one subject: This means that they should be about one wallpaper. If you have a wallpaper you want people to look at, please start your own thread. If you have multiple wallpapers you would like people to look at, it is usually a good idea to have a separate thread for each wallpaper.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...rs-Rules-FAQ**

One WP per thread.

As a whole your wallpapers are pretty low quality. Even some of the extractions have a LOT of white space around the edges. It really just looks like an over-use of filters. If you make another wallpaper at least try to make the character clear and visible.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

oh sorry heh, i saw someone else post a few random ones so i thought it was ok.

Eh i use a lot of filters in my wallpapers, on some like the D.gray man Leenalee and Road one, i wanted the characters to blend in. I dont use set rules for my graphics, i just try to make them look good. Should i really care if the characters are clear and visible if it comes out how i want it?

What white space are you taking about? how i rendered the characters? My use of eraser tool kinda sucks though, sometimes after applying an Ocean Ripple filter i go to erase a lot of it from the character and i get some off the background too, that may be what you are seeing.

And I dont understand the low quality part... most of the blurriness in the pictures I added.
    Last edited by Road; 04-16-2012 at 03:34 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    oh sorry heh, i saw someone else post a few random ones so i thought it was ok.

Eh i use a lot of filters in my wallpapers, on some like the D.gray man Leenalee and Road one, i wanted the characters to blend in. I dont use set rules for my graphics, i just try to make them look good. Should i really care if the characters are clear and visible if it comes out how i want it?
    Yes, yes you should if it means that your wallpapers will look good. The clearer the character is the more pleasing it is to the eye. No one wants a messy blurry and hard to see wallpaper. Here's the link to all of the top wallpapers on AW. http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/top/

If you notice, every one of theme has a nice clear character that is visible and bright for pages on end. This is an important aspect of walling.

What white space are you taking about? how i rendered the characters? My use of eraser tool kinda sucks though, sometimes after applying an Ocean Ripple filter i go to erase a lot of it from the character and i get some off the background too, that may be what you are seeing.
    You'll have to use more than eraser if you want nice clean extractions or find pre-extracted stocks. I have circled problems with your extractions. This alone is good enough to reject your wall from our wallpaper site. (also is a point towards the quality issue)

Name:	RoadBackground.png
Views:	16
Size:	1,013.8 KB
ID:	60727Click image for larger version

Name:	YuffieWallpaper.png
Views:	26
Size:	573.0 KB
ID:	60728

And I dont understand the low quality part... most of the blurriness in the pictures I added.
    As a whole your walls are low quality. That's unavoidable at your stage of graphics. And unfortunately the blurriness that you add yourself is lowering the quality of the wallpaper and makes it look bad. The over-use of filters that does not make the wallpaper look dazzling and nice also does you no favors unfortunately. I'm sorry to say but it is the truth. Try looking at some of our wallpapers on AW.com and compare them.

In your next paper I'd like to see the following.

1. Clear & CLEAN render of a character
    2. No filters that you've been using in these wallpapers. Do not even think about sneaking it in. Don't touch it.
    3. Try new things, mess around with brushes, textures.
    4. I also recommend an updated larger size too. But not really necessary until you get the hang of it.

Looking forward to seeing you improve.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Please be sure to read the wallpaper rules before posting

4) Please keep threads to one subject: This means that they should be about one wallpaper. If you have a wallpaper you want people to look at, please start your own thread. If you have multiple wallpapers you would like people to look at, it is usually a good idea to have a separate thread for each wallpaper.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...rs-Rules-FAQ**

One WP per thread.

Fairly, Blue, the part of the rule you cite is only a suggestion. Personally, I hate it when someone posts their wallpapers into individual threads. These wallpapers all have a shared relationship anyway, because Road has posted them under the context of having them made in their high school days. Road did not break any rule, unless forming "good ideas" is one now.

I'm not telling you, @Road , to not read any of our rules (you must agree to them to be a registered member), but I'm only pointing out that the rule shouldn't be read apart from what it is in totality.

As far as the wallpapers are concerned, the effects you've used on each are very filtered and do make most of them feel like one big grunge. If you could control your grunging skills and add more depth to your pictures, your wallpapers may look a lot better. I saw the most promise coming out of your third wallpaper, with a good amount of balance for me. The obstacle to overcome first is the flat-chested feel I get from it stemming from the lack of depth. Your renders may or may not stick out of your wallpaper, and this depends on your style, but I would also suggest working on getting your render to stick out sometimes by making the effects go into it - making it a focal point.

Good luck in the future on this.
    Last edited by Skilero; 04-16-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Haha thanks guys. xD

@blueangel06661 The Yuffie render i agree has too much white, i got it from anime-renders.com i think and took it as is. Yet the Road wall i did myself, and it was my lack of erasing the 4d render i used not the rendering of the image itself. I dont use the eraser tool to render my images i used the pen tool and vector them. >.>

Ill try to not use filter in my next amount of graphics... sigh it will be hard though xD

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Road : They look quite vintage, and anything concerning anime that's vintage I automatically love!! Great posting, thanks!!

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ DARK_Sommelier: haha thanks, all but one of them are 3-4 years old so i guess? On the old forum i used to peruse i got a lot of good comments. My friend sammy request that i make a lot of them for him. The first third and fifth were all made for him. and the second one i made into a t-shirt for his birthday xD

Junior Member Jack_H is on a distinguished road Jack_H's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2012 10:11 PM
    Threads

I love the third one, and I would set as my desktop background... Thanks so much

10. Thanks Road thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information