AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

Default Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

soure smoking causes cancer and other health problmes. at least they warn us that it does on the side. so if everyone used that logic that cigs sould be baned becouse they can kill then next food will be baned becouse posiblity of choking or alergic reaction then water will be baned next becouse of drowning then what? if that happend then man kinde will slowley die.and if somone wants to slowley kill them selfs for something there body says it needs then they sould have the choice to do so
    Last edited by darkrider21; 09-26-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Junior Member BlackElement is on a distinguished road BlackElement's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 05:55 PM
    Threads

Default Re: cigirits*sould they be not for sail?*

Is this a serious thread? Like... for realsies?

That's some horrible logic you've got right there. You have to drink water and eat to survive. You don't need to smoke. All it does is destroy your health.

I'm sorry I couldn't think of a very detailed response to this, I'm still trying to decide if you're serious or not.

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

I think Cigarettes are nasty and gross. The smoke makes me cough and people who smoke stink... that being said it's not my problem if people smoke or not just keep it away from me.

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If people want to smoke that's fine with me. I don't smoke nor do I ever plan to start because I can't stand the smoke.

5. Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Banned Forum / Chat sKr is on a distinguished road sKr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 12:32 AM
    Threads

"soure smoking causes cancer and other health problmes. at least they warn us that it does on the side. so if everyone used that logic that cigs sould be baned becouse they can kill then next food will be baned becouse posiblity of choking or alergic reaction then water will be baned next becouse of drowning then what? if that happend then man kinde will slowley die.and if somone wants to slowley kill them selfs for something there body says it needs then they sould have the choice to do so"

Source(1) smoking causes cancer and other health problems(2). At least when they warn us that it does on the side (Common knowledge). So if everyone used that logic because cigs should(3) be banned(4) because(5) they can kill then next food will be banned(6) because(7) possiblity(8) of choking or allergic(9) reaction then water will be banned(10) next because of drowning then what?(What?) If that happened(11) then man kind(12) will slowly(13) die,(14) and if someone(15) wants to slowly(16) kill themselves(17) for something their(18) body says it needs to then they should(19) have the choice to do so.(20)

Not picking on you. But if you cannot spell, your argument isn't going to be taken seriously, and those twenty mistakes could easily be brought up to 30.

What you're saying here is that because a product that only adults can legally use, which also is a nasty killer (I smoked for 5 years) because of a label on it warning of the dangers, that possibly we should warn others of similar dangers on mundane foods? Water which is the most essential basic necessity for life should be labeled as dangerous because you cannot control how much you drink? How did you come up with this?

Basically your idea or proposal will cost more tax dollars and waste more precious time and energy then we could ever afford to waste, let alone amongst countless other reasons.

Water (Don't drink you might drown).

Your idea is completely hocus pocus.
    Last edited by sKr; 09-26-2012 at 08:56 PM.

7. Likes BlackElement liked this post
    Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not having cigarettes for sale would end up being just like prohibition. There's so many people that smoke and are addicted to it that they wouldn't stand for cigarettes being illegal. I think that raising prices/taxes on it is the right way to go.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

cigs should not be banned. if they are, how am i supposed to smoke?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackElement View Post
    Is this a serious thread? Like... for realsies?

That's some horrible logic you've got right there. You have to drink water and eat to survive. You don't need to smoke. All it does is destroy your health.
    To deal with people like you, i have to smoke. Look at it as a sacrifice from me. I sacrifice my health to ensure your personal safety from me.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    To deal with people like you, i have to smoke. Look at it as a sacrifice from me. I sacrifice my health to ensure your personal safety from me.
    Funny logic. I love it.

The thing is, I don't think smoking should be banned. Not at all. It's someone's decision to smoke, not mine. But you can't honestly be defending this guy. 'If they ban our cigs next is our food and water IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP'. Yeah, okay.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Funny logic. I love it.

The thing is, I don't think smoking should be banned. Not at all. It's someone's decision to smoke, not mine. But you can't honestly be defending this guy. 'If they ban our cigs next is our food and water IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP'. Yeah, okay.
    He's not entirely wrong. No, it won't be food and water. But it could lead to other things deemed "bad" for you being banned.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He's not entirely wrong. No, it won't be food and water. But it could lead to other things deemed "bad" for you being banned.
    Like what, exactly? Care to elaborate on these 'bad things' that could possibly be getting banned? Because I honestly don't see smoking or any other substance being banned anytime soon.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

As long as I won't get exposed to either side stream or second-hand smoke. I'm allergic to it and yeah, it does contain a lot of carcinogenic and toxic chemicals, so no thanks.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Like what, exactly? Care to elaborate on these 'bad things' that could possibly be getting banned? Because I honestly don't see smoking or any other substance being banned anytime soon.
    drinking. sex with your girl. NyQuil

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

also, i didn't say it was going to get banned soon. Pay attention to details nooblet. All i said is that its possible that when one thing gets banned, other can follow. Never once did i say that it was remotely likely for the first thing (smoking) to get banned.
    Hmmm... Been a while

15. Likes MissAstaire liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

drinking. sex with your girl. NyQuil

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

also, i didn't say it was going to get banned soon. Pay attention to details nooblet. All i said is that its possible that when one thing gets banned, other can follow. Never once did i say that it was remotely likely for the first thing (smoking) to get banned.
    America's been there, done that. And how could the other two possibly be banned?

Calling me a nooblet makes me even less open to accepting your views.

I never said that you thought that smoking would get banned soon. Just that it wouldn't, so why be worried about it? This isn't the 20's. There are a ton of more hoops to jump to get something banned. It just won't happen.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, cigarets should be like a privilege or for anyone. I cannot go near a person who is smoking because I have bad asthma and lung cancer is hereditary in the family. .__.;
    I'm not completely against smoking, but I'm not completely for it either.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I never said that you thought that smoking would get banned soon. Just that it wouldn't, so why be worried about it? This isn't the 20's. There are a ton of more hoops to jump to get something banned. It just won't happen.
    The point of a thread such as this one is to ask a "what if" question. Such a question can be set in reality with no real likelihood of happening, a strong likelihood of happening, or maybe not be set in reality at all. It can have literally infinite possibilities. What you do on such a thread is consider the question, and then answer it with your opinion.
    The question here is, "What if smoking was banned? Would other things follow?"
    answer that, then shut up and move on.
    Capiche?

I honestly don't see what you're trying to accomplish.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The point of a thread such as this one is to ask a "what if" question. Such a question can be set in reality with no real likelihood of happening, a strong likelihood of happening, or maybe not be set in reality at all. It can have literally infinite possibilities. What you do on such a thread is consider the question, and then answer it with your opinion.
    Capiche?

There was no such question posed. There was no question posed, actually. It was just a big wall of almost incomprehensible text that basically summed up to 'if we ban smoking we're eventually going to ban food and water and kill the entire human race'. I simply replied that that was faulty logic and, as I recall, you were the one who responded to my post. I wasn't try to accomplish anything. Also, please don't attempt to insult my intelligence. I know I'm a border-line idiot. Your 'clever' remarks point out nothing I don't already know.

As I've said before, I am pro-smoking. But this thread is just retarded.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

There was no such question posed. There was no question posed, actually. It was just a big wall of almost incomprehensible text that basically summed up to 'if we ban smoking we're eventually going to ban food and water and kill the entire human race'. I simply replied that that was faulty logic and, as I recall, you were the one who responded to my post. I wasn't try to accomplish anything. Also, please don't attempt to insult my intelligence.
    and this is why i call you a noob. Think outside of the box or gtfo. you're boring, your opinions are boring, your writing style is boring, and i don't care to read anything else you post. goodbye

I know I'm a border-line idiot.
    at least you're honest
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hah aha nice post very good i am hurt real bad . .. . wat 2 do now besides enjoy my smoking hate lol .. .. hah hahah

thx 4 quality post yes

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Capiche?

If you ban cigarettes in any country on this planet as of now. There would be riots, and horrible things would happen. That what if thing that's being made here. It's baseless.

Try banning alcohol in Russia. What is the end result? It wouldn't happen. Riots would happen. This would be the same.

Taking something like cigarettes away is a VERY slippery slope.

Not to mention OP made a lovely attempt to write his idea out. It should be rewritten by someone who can make the question far more understandable.
    Last edited by sKr; 09-26-2012 at 10:11 PM.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Having sex with your girl?.... Actually sodomy is illegal in most states. Thanks Christians <3

Also:
    @OP
    Cigarettes*
    Sure*
    should*
    banned*
    possibility*
    themselves*
    allergic*
    sale*
    slowly*

I need a cigarette now, your spelling makes me want to punch an English teacher.
    Last edited by Nephthys; 09-26-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

and this is why i call you a noob. Think outside of the box or gtfo. you're boring, your opinions are boring, your writing style is boring, and i don't care to read anything else you post. goodbye

If he's a noob and you're going to run away. You're a cop out veteran member.

Look at how you post here. Just because someones opinions are boring, and maybe you don't agree with them, you attack back?

Pathetic diversion comeback tactic like that. It shows your own defeat.

25. Likes BlackElement liked this post
    Senior Member cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2013 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: opulant warrior

haven't had a single smoke for over 2months it was easy to quit the daily habit

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sKr View Post
    If he's a noob and you're going to run away. You're a cop out veteran member.

Look at how you post here. Just because someones opinions are boring, and maybe you don't agree with them, you attack back?

Pathetic diversion comeback tactic like that. It shows your own defeat.
    explain to me why i should care about anything you have to say?
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2013 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: opulant warrior

who cares???

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

explain to me why i should care about anything you have to say?
    You don't have too.

I don't care if you care or not. But I can pretty much tell that as of now (As can everyone else in this thread). Everything you have said in this thread completely shows your own incompetence in reasoning, being logical, and pretty much showing any form of intelligence in general.

Food for thought. If you are military. If you post like this. I wonder if you even know how take apart a M16, put it back together, and shoot it, let alone how you would handle extreme stress in the field.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information