AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oh, CRAPcom.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oh, CRAPcom.

Quote Originally Posted by UmJammerEri View Post
    It really is a silly gripe to have with your argument, but I feel like it shouldn't be "OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS RUINED!", and more "this idea is bad and will ruin games". It's a horrible thing to do to games and must be opposed, but in this particular case the idea didn't harm anything.
    "Yes, of course...since this idea was so harmless, how about we imply this to our next games!!"

See, you are right about The Mercenaries, but I what I am afraid of is if it will spread, saying there's zero chance of spreading is ludicrous cause there's a high chance of spreading. I am not complaining about Mercenaries but rather the idea of how their games will be handled, because unless we don't complain, it will spread to their following games.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-27-2011 at 08:42 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

It really is a silly gripe to have with your argument, but I feel like it shouldn't be "OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS RUINED!", and more "this idea is bad and will ruin games". It's a horrible thing to do to games and must be opposed, but in this particular case the idea didn't harm anything.

Not only is it apparent that you have never played The Mercenaries, you also seem to not play too many games to seriously ask me that question.
    Of course I have not played it and I have no reason to. But if people like you buy into it as blind as you are. They are going to find a way to apply this to bigger games. You are ignorant to think they would only try this on that game and that game only.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Portal Blueportal Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    "Yes, of course...since this idea was so harmless, how about we imply this to our next games!!"

See, you are right about The Mercenaries, but I what I am afraid of is if it will spread, saying there's zero chance of spreading is ludicrous cause there's a high chance of spreading. I am not complaining about Mercenaries but rather the idea of how their games will be handled, because unless we don't complain, it will spread to their following games.
    Mhm, and that's where we were having our disconnect: my silly gripe. But still, I really must say that the idea must be opposed at all costs, and that we are very lucky that the idea was first implemented in a title that wasn't ruined by it. ^^;;

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

HERE COMES PAPA SCRUFFY.

@UmJammerEri has said several times that the idea itself is not a good thing. I think we can establish that now. What she's arguing is that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D [which I think will be terrible but that's just me xD] is not a game that is heavily dependent on multiple saves. Which is completely true. It's not a single-player oriented game and I'm almost certain you'd be able to replay levels/missions after you've unlocked everything. The only downside is you would not be able to start from complete scratch, that is resetting your game and re-unlocking everything.

Now, the idea itself is something that I'm sure Capcom realizes would have a negative reaction from fans in a game such as Okami which is purely single-player. I don't even think they would risk it with a main Resident Evil game, or a Street Fighter game, as those are extremely important franchises to them with lots of fan support.

..aside from this issue, I would like to say that I haven't been happy with Capcom recently. They've been milking us for cash. Charging $39.99 for SSF4AE which adds...four new characters, and is ridiculously unbalanced. I think it's a bit pricy and something that could have been released cheaper. My main problem is with Marvel vs Capcom 3 though. $1 per Shadow Pack [which should be free IMO], $5 for Jill and $5 for Shuma-Gorath, and also they charged the full $69.99 price for a game that doesn't have any replay mode or tournament mode. I think we're getting overcharged. When you consider Capcom's DLC and pricing models, and with this Mercenaries 3D news, they may be hurting a bit and as a result are looking to secure some financial security. Unfortunately it's at our expense. :/

5. Likes Frederica Sawyer, blueangel06661 liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I still think it's infringing our copyrights. When we buy something we buy the copyright to use it as we please within legal means. But if you take away the ability to start from scratch then what the heck? It better be a 10 dollar game at most.

While Mercenaries isn't the type of game that makes a difference if you start from scratch. At least the option should be there not stripped from you.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-27-2011 at 08:49 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    HERE COMES PAPA SCRUFFY.

@UmJammerEri has said several times that the idea itself is not a good thing. I think we can establish that now. What she's arguing is that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D [which I think will be terrible but that's just me xD] is not a game that is heavily dependent on multiple saves. Which is completely true. It's not a single-player oriented game and I'm almost certain you'd be able to replay levels/missions after you've unlocked everything. The only downside is you would not be able to start from complete scratch, that is resetting your game and re-unlocking everything.

Now, the idea itself is something that I'm sure Capcom realizes would have a negative reaction from fans in a game such as Okami which is purely single-player. I don't even think they would risk it with a main Resident Evil game, or a Street Fighter game, as those are extremely important franchises to them with lots of fan support.

..aside from this issue, I would like to say that I haven't been happy with Capcom recently. They've been milking us for cash. Charging $39.99 for SSF4AE which adds...four new characters, and is ridiculously unbalanced. I think it's a bit pricy and something that could have been released cheaper. My main problem is with Marvel vs Capcom 3 though. $1 per Shadow Pack [which should be free IMO], $5 for Jill and $5 for Shuma-Gorath, and also they charged the full $69.99 price for a game that doesn't have any replay mode or tournament mode. I think we're getting overcharged. When you consider Capcom's DLC and pricing models, and with this Mercenaries 3D news, they may be hurting a bit and as a result are looking to secure some financial security. Unfortunately it's at our expense. :/
    Mhm, I really don't think that anyone can say that Capcom isn't milking it's devoted fanbase. The problem is that they're really the pioneers of the DLC-method of solving the used sales crisis; go ahead and buy used, but look at all these shiny new features you have to pay for!

You can't blame them for trying, but I really wish (and I have a strong feeling that I speak for everyone when I say this) that they could come up with something that doesn't hurt us to help them.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    About Super Street Fighter IV AE, it shouldn't be cheaper as it includes the old version and the new version that includes the arcade balance. With that being said, the DLC alone cost 15 bucks so it's a 40 + 15 value together, but they are selling it for 40 bucks for both, still not a bad deal.

What they done with MvC3 is lame though, but the other items are optional to get. But I do agree that the idea of DLC sucks as mostly everything that they charge us for should be free of cost.

9. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

first off let me say that i agree with most of what UmJammerEri is saying.

the issue at hand does NOT affect the game in question, so.......what's the problem??
    as of this moment, there is no problem, because the game doesn't need the save file.

some of you are just acting like conspiracy theorists.
    i HIGHLY doubt the gaming industry would be dumb enough to implement this saving system, on a game where the saves actually matter.
    especially when there are much easier ways to combat used sales, AND everyone knows that replay value is important.

for example (AND THIS IS ALREADY BEING DONE)
    the whole "online pass code" thing.
    basically, when you buy a new game, you get a code to go online with that game. if you sell the game, someone else can't use your code.
    so they need to buy a new code (about $5-15) from the developers in order to get online.
    simple easy fix that shouldn't get anyone mad..... that is, as long as the person thinks they should PAY for merchandise :P

article about it here:http://www.gametastrophe.com/index.p...news&Itemid=58
    this makes MUCH more sense and WILL be the wave of the future. i truly believe that the whole save file thing is just a one time fluke that most of you are reading waaaaaaay to much into.

P.S. saying that used game sales don't hurt the industry is absurd!
    also, using an excuse like "well it doesn't hurt as much as piracy, because it's legal" is even more absurd!
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 06-27-2011 at 11:25 PM.

11. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    i HIGHLY doubt the gaming industryCapcom would be dumb enough to implement this saving system, on a game where saves matter.
    especially when there are much easier ways to combat used sales, AND everyone knows that replay value is important.
    Didn't bothered reading your entire post after that. Also, fixed.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Didn't bothered reading your entire post after that. Also, fixed.
    ok ok, so maybe you believe capcom is ESPECIALLY stupid. however, i believe the point i was trying to make is still valid.
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 06-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.

14. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ok ok, so maybe you believe capcom is ESPECIALLY stupid. however, i belive the point i was trying to make is still valid.
    No it's not, man.

See, this is what you don't get, online passes are all cool but you can't let your friend rent it or play it in another xbox, with a different account. That's bogus there.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-28-2011 at 12:07 AM.

16. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No it's not, man.

See, this is what you don't get, online passes are all cool but you can't let your friend rent it or play it in another xbox, with a different account. That's bogus there.
    i never said the online pass system is 100% perfect. it has a few faults. although it's a MUCH better system than the "save file" thing. which some conspiracy theorists seem to think will be applied to all games in the future.

i'm simply trying to point out that capcom is not going to make a habit of the save file thing, and the "online pass" system is a 100% better and more likely scenario for the future.
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 06-27-2011 at 11:51 PM.

18. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Gauntlgrym But if you saw my posts, I said that they should've used the pass system. I don't know what you're arguing with me for about the pass.

But you can't just say that it will not happen, cause there's huge chances it might.

Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Gauntlgrym But if you saw my posts, I said that they should've used the pass system. I don't know what you're arguing with me for about the pass.
    sorry, i wasn't really trying to direct anything at you in particular.
    i was just saying that the pass code is a better and more likely outcome for the future.

so i guess technically i'm not arguing with ya, i'm agreeing with ya about the code.... to a degree

But you can't just say that it will not happen, cause there's huge chances it might.
    i believe the chances are more like microscopic..... not huge.
    just imo though *shrug*

21. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

sorry, i wasn't really trying to direct anything at you in particular.
    i was just saying that the pass code is a better and more likely outcome for the future.

so i guess technically i'm not arguing with ya, i'm agreeing with ya about the code.... to a degree

i believe the chances are more like microscopic..... not huge.
    just imo though *shrug*
    Never a bad thing to complain though.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A company is going to do what it can to make money.

A company isn't going to make a product if people aren't going to buy it, even if it's intended to save the company money.

In the end, it all comes down to what the consumer purchases. This is why boycotting is so effective, (even if most people don't use it as much these days)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

24. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

first off let me say that i agree with most of what UmJammerEri is saying.

the issue at hand does NOT affect the game in question, so.......what's the problem??
    as of this moment, there is no problem, because the game doesn't need the save file.

i HIGHLY doubt the gaming industry would be dumb enough to implement this saving system, on a game where the saves actually matter.

for example (AND THIS IS ALREADY BEING DONE)
    the whole "online pass code" thing.
    basically, when you buy a new game, you get a code to go online with that game. if you sell the game, someone else can't use your code.
    so they need to buy a new code (about $5-15) from the developers in order to get online.
    simple easy fix that shouldn't get anyone mad..... that is, as long as the person thinks they should PAY for merchandise :P

article about it here:http://www.gametastrophe.com/index.p...news&Itemid=58
    this makes MUCH more sense and WILL be the wave of the future. i truly believe that the whole save file thing is just a one time fluke that most of you are reading waaaaaaay to much into.

P.S. saying that used game sales don't hurt the industry is absurd!
    also, using an excuse like "well it doesn't hurt as much as piracy, because it's legal" is even more absurd!
    Great post. I really like to hope that what you and I are saying is true. ^^;;

Either way, I really hope that we can find some kind of middle ground here industry-wise. Used game sales hurt the industry, but too much DLC (a favorite, and very understandable, tactic of Capcom's) and various other methods have the potential to hurt the consumer. I just wish that we could find some magic solution that would make everything great for both parties involved. ^^;;

26. Thanks Gauntlgrym thanked for this post
    Likes Gauntlgrym liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

No, in my opinion, DLC needs to go. 95% of it is stuff that's either on the disc or should have been included in the first place.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    No, in my opinion, DLC needs to go. 95% of it is stuff that's either on the disc or should have been included in the first place.
    Do you not understand the purpose of it, or...?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Do you not understand the purpose of it, or...?
    No I do. It's a money tactic with content that used to come packaged with a game. Much of the time it's created before the game is even released and often released the same day the game is. Like you just payed $60 for that game, you need to pay an additional 6$ if you want all these skins that should have been packaged with the game. What I mean by the other 5% is things like Honest Hearts for New Vegas. DLC is nothing more then a way for companies to turn a $60 game, which is already way over priced in my opinion, and turn it into a $70/80 one.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No I do. It's a money tactic with content that used to come packaged with a game. Much of the time it's created before the game is even released and often released the same day the game is. Like you just payed $60 for that game, you need to pay an additional 6$ if you want all these skins that should have been packaged with the game. What I mean by the other 5% is things like Honest Hearts for New Vegas. DLC is nothing more then a way for companies to turn a $60 game, which is already way over priced in my opinion, and turn it into a $70/80 one.
    A good percentage of the time, yeah. But you have to understand that that is one of the solutions to the used game sales problem. As much as I would like for there to be some kind of magic solution, this is a really big and complicated problem. A lot of different ideas have been tried, and the DLC tactic is one of them.

Just as well, what do you think people working for development companies do? They certainly don't get to take a huge vacation after a game is completed. As many people who know the industry well know, games are often released several months after they go 'gold' (meaning completed). They then keep working on supporting their title through DLC and updates; that's why launch-day DLC is common even if it isn't already on the disc.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

A good percentage of the time, yeah. But you have to understand that that is one of the solutions to the used game sales problem. As much as I would like for there to be some kind of magic solution, this is a really big and complicated problem. A lot of different ideas have been tried, and the DLC tactic is one of them.

Just as well, what do you think people working for development companies do? They certainly don't get to take a huge vacation after a game is completed. As many people who know the industry well know, games are often released several months after they go 'gold' (meaning completed). They then keep working on supporting their title through DLC and updates; that's why launch-day DLC is common even if it isn't already on the disc.
    How does that counteract used games when people buying the game new have to pay for it too? And I mean completed before they even start putting it on discs at which point they very well could. Hell there's often the case where the DLC is already ON the disc and you still have to pay more to access it. That just isn't right. I paid for the disc I should have FULL access to it.

32. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How does that counteract used games when people buying the game new have to pay for it too? And I mean completed before they even start putting it on discs at which point they very well could. Hell there's often the case where the DLC is already ON the disc and you still have to pay more to access it. That just isn't right. I paid for the disc I should have FULL access to it.
    That is the drawback to the DLC method pioneered by Capcom; it isn't discriminatory. If you want the content, you have to pay extra. It doesn't matter if you bought new or not.

See what I mean? This is a very complicated issue and there isn't any all-encompassing solution. ^^;;

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That is the drawback to the DLC method pioneered by Capcom; it isn't discriminatory. If you want the content, you have to pay extra. It doesn't matter if you bought new or not.

See what I mean? This is a very complicated issue and there isn't any all-encompassing solution. ^^;;
    It's not complicated as it's intended purpose isn't to combat the used game industry. It's to make more profits. That's all it is.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's not complicated as it's intended purpose isn't to combat the used game industry. It's to make more profits. That's all it is.
    You're not connecting the dots.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information