AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Child And The Invader

Banned Forum / Chat ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2012 01:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The Child And The Invader

It is a pro-Palestinian and anti-Isreal cartoon. Ironically it wasn't put out by Palestinian Arabs in or near Israel. Instead, it was put out by an Iranian company. It features antics similar to the American cartoon The Roadrunner. Unlike The Roadrunner though, it uses 3d computer graphics animation. Also instead of the hero being a bird, the heroes are 2 Palestinian kids. And instead of the villain being a coyote, the villain is an evil (but quite dumb) Israeli soldier

Look this up on Youtube to watch single episodes. To watch a video compilation of all episodes, go to memritv.org and make a free account, then go to http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1715.htm and watch it (this video is older than a certain date and so is "archived" and therefore you must be a member to watch it).

A bit of info on the source I found the video at:

Memritv is an organization dedicated to giving westerners access to "middle eastern" media material, usually propaganda. Although it doesn't outright say that this is their goal, it seems from the material I've seen on their site (including this cartoon) that their goal is to bring you here in the US, material that is designed to indoctrinate middle eastern people including children, for the purpose of showing people in the US just how vile the intentions of "Islamic extremests" are (not that we need reminding after the 9/11 attacks).

Memri stands for Middle East Media Research Institute. Memritv is specifically the division known as Middle East Research Institute TV Monitor Project.

Memri's official description of themselves is:
    The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) was founded in 1998 in Washington, DC to bridge the language gap between the Middle East and the West by monitoring, translating, and studying Arab, Iranian and Turkish media, schoolbooks, and religious sermons. MEMRI is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has branches in Baghdad, Tokyo and Jerusalem, and a staff of over 70 working around the globe. MEMRI's research is translated into English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish with a subscriber list of over 75,000. MEMRI is a 501 (c)3 organization and is incorporated in Washington, D.C.

2. Dislikes Meenah, Ranshiin disliked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: The Child And The Invader

Not sure if I want to register..... It could be the sort of thing that the FBI's watching to "find terrorists".
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Banned Forum / Chat ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Not sure if I want to register..... It could be the sort of thing that the FBI's watching to "find terrorists".

It's not a terrorist website. It is a website aimed at westerners to show us just how evil the mideast terrorists are, by bringing us translated propaganda so we can see just what kind of bull crap they are telling their kids about the west. It's not aimed at attracting terrorists. So it is neither a terrorist supporting site nor a terrorist trap.

It is meant to drum up opposition among westerners AGAINST the mideast terrorists. In effect, they are using the terrorist's OWN propaganda against them.

Also if you feel more comfortable on Youtube, go to Youtube and type in "The Child And The Invader" (without the quotes of course).
    Last edited by ItsMeMario; 04-10-2012 at 06:02 PM.

5. Dislikes Meenah, Ranshiin disliked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Still, there's a good reason for me to err on the side of caution.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Still, there's a good reason for me to err on the side of caution.

Caution? It's blatantly a site AGAINST the terrorists (and not by trapping them, but rather by going out of their way to show us just the kind of crazy people that terrorists are are). You may very well be right in your claim that it was set up by the US Government, but NOT as a terrorist trap, but rather to ENRAGE us Americans AGAINST the terrorists by showing us the propaganda that the terrorists are producing. Besides it was translated to English to be understood by non Arabic speakers. If it was meant for the terrorists only (such as a trick to bring them to a site to trap them and log them as terrorists), since the mid-east terrorists all know Arabic, the videos would NOT have been translated into English

Keep also in mind you can watch the videos on Youtube. You aren't going to say that the youtube website or any of the video pages on youtube are "terrorist traps" are you?

Also why are you so scared? You did something in the past that got you some criminal record, and now you want to stay as far from "looking bad" as possible?

I mean hey, I've even visited KNOWN terrorist-produced websites just to see what they are saying about the US (nothing better than to get the info right from the source, forget the stupid US evening news that censors all the reports). And I'm pretty sure the US Homeland Security IS monitoring these sites. Yet I'm not a terrorist. My online activity doesn't involve condoning terror or threating acts of terror. I'm no terror threat and anyone who is "spying" on me will see that and I'm not gonna be treated as a criminal or terrorist. I've NEVER had men in black suits show up at my door. I've NEVER been arrested without charge (and in fact never arrested at all; my criminal record is clean). I'm not worried. I'm not a paranoid schizo like you are (or maybe you do have reason to worry because maybe you DID do something that got you in trouble with the feds in the past).
    Last edited by ItsMeMario; 04-10-2012 at 06:25 PM.

8. Dislikes Meenah, Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Meh, you can say that. And I can say what I want. Doesn't matter too much in the end, I guess.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Did you watch the videos of this on Youtube yet? If so, what did you think of the show?

----Post Added 11:32 PM 04-11-2012----

Why was I downrepped for this?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

A better question is why is my rep meter OVER9000 negative!
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 04-12-2012 at 10:04 AM.

11. Dislikes Meenah, Ranshiin disliked this post
    Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

It's pretty obvious your not going to get any takers on here. I think you are pushing information too hard, and at the wrong demographic. This place is mainly to talk about anime and manga. Sure provide information about other topics, but if discussion doesn't grow organically, there's no point trying to beat a dead horse.

13. Likes Ranshiin liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well if @LivioRazlo didn't answer your questions, I'll make it simple.

First, No and I don't think anything of it. Sorry, but I've got other things to deal with besides watching propaganda.
    Second, Judging from the dislikes, I assume, you're either being trolled/hated on, or the person(s) that gave you a bad rep didn't like the thread or something you said. Alas, I don't quite have any powers to view who rep'd you and why. Or at least I haven't figured that out if I do.
    Third, Not sure, Did it go from normal to immediately over -9000, or did it take 3,185,643,786,137,465 bad reps? If it was the the former, then I deduce a Site Admin has an issue. You may want to calm down, and then talk to them. If it was the latter, well I think what happened is obvious.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a previous person, who's account was "bad rep curbstomped". I made a new account, and decided to change what I posted about to stuff that wouldn't be a magnet for bad rep. I wanted a fresh start. The admin must have recognized I had the same IP address, and so dumped ALL of my previous account's bad rep onto my new account. This isn't helping matters any, because rather than giving me a fresh start, BECAUSE OF the high level of bad rep I have now will cause some people to not even read the text of the post, and just ASSUME it is bad, and account of their not reading it and the bad opinion they have of me solely on my bad rep I will receive down votes for ALL the posts I make, even when those posts are GREAT CONTRIBUTIONS to the forum.

This is what's happening. The last several threads I've made have ALL been downrepped by members, AS SOON AS my rep count was bashed by the admin. Yet before my rep bashing by the admin, those same downvoted posts actually got me POSITIVE REP points from the viewers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People are just looking at my rep and voting dislike on ALL my posts based SOLELY on my rep state. I doubt the people even read my post. And if they had, they have IGNORED the fact it was a GOOD post and "disliked" it DESPITE it being good, just because I have too many negative rep points and so ASSUME I deserve to be further "disliked" and "downrepped".

This is NOT helping me regain my reputation that I am now fighting SO HARD to regain. ALL (and yes I do mean ALL, 100% of them) of my recent posts have been what I believe will contribute to the community, and not be deserving of criticism. I've posted anime in the anime section. I've posted mideast cartoons in the non-Japanese animation section. I've posted stuff on video games in the video games section. And each of my posts has been GOOD, and NOT the "low quality" posts that I used to post under my previous account.

I deserve a FRESH (no reps added) state on my account, now that I have this new account. I deserve to BE ABLE to start fresh and fix my impression in the eyes of others. But that MASSIVE BAD REP score I have (transfered by the admin to my current account from my previous account) is KILLING my chance to improve my reputation as others see me.

THAT is what's happening now.

16. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, Not much I can do there. -'-Points at the probie status and all.-'- You might wanna take that up with a site admin, and see what they say. Other than that, I can't really help you. But, Good luck with that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, Why not keep this thread on topic with the show, not VG? Otherwise, I'll close the thread due to lack of interest of the topic and an exuberant amount of interest on the originator.

Does that seem fair to y'all?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Well, Why not keep this thread on topic with the show, not VG? Otherwise, I'll close the thread due to lack of interest of the topic and an exuberant amount of interest on the originator.

Does that seem fair to y'all?
    Sure, do it.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Akaruka View Post
    Sure, do it.
    Well @ItsMeMario ? What do you think?

Closed Thread

Thread Information