AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spoilers

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Its no longer an old game since you could classify an HD remake as a new game, thus my new game rules apply with a 3 month time period before I start spoiling stuff up
    So your spoiler span basically resets is what you're saying? Remaster, or Remake (different, but same idea).

I agree with you for the most part though, unless I KNOW the person for sure that the person WILL play certain game. Otherwise like you said, I'll spoil it up since they will be no victims.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    So everyone has to have seen something before we can talk about it?

Personally I enjoy spoilers. They let me know if I should bother in the first place
    Plot Twists is part of what makes an story great so, if you expect it, it kills what the author intended, and believe it or not, lessens the experience.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2024 04:10 PM
    Threads

Agreed. But what I'm saying is that if it's already out there then it's too late. It's going to happen unless you avoid looking it up until you see it.

If however you say, go to a website about cartoons and anime after the finale of a cartoon or anime series, then you have to expect the people there to be discussing it.

If say someone forgot about Legend of Korra and did not watch said finale, and then are reminded of it because we're discussing said finale, that's not a spoiler. That's them slipping.

We're all otaku here. If you don't obsessively watch your series then it's your fault for not knowing what's going on. If that person had been following the announced last episodes like everyone else (including a hundred people who put themselves watching it fresh on youtube) then it's on you.

I feel the same way if someone happens to know how something I wanted to see ends and tells me. It's the risk of hanging out on sites like this where people come specifically to discuss that sort of thing. The first pics of Katara and Asami walking hand in hand into the spirit world were on Google images less than an hour after it aired.
    Besides there's no way we can give every detail here and even if you know what's going to happen it's not like you aren't going to watch it anyway and find it quite entertaining. Plus like I said, the person giving the information could also be lying and you have to check, right?

I mean when you saw the Korra finale, did you really believe it would happen until it happened? Even as you watched? No nagging doubts that the images you may have seen were just fan art, like that kiss in my signature?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

@Clayton_n

I think you seem to be missing the message here. It's OK to spoil, but only if you're doing it right. Use spoiler tags, put it in specific topics warning people of spoilers inside. If people don't want spoilers than they can avoid those topics or not open those spoiler tags. Though if people just blatantly throw a spoiler in a middle of a thread with no warning for those who have yet to see it, I personally think it's doing disrespect for others.

As for the social media news feed thing, I personally HATE when people put spoilers on there. It's a lot more difficult to avoid. But it's very simple to just block their feeds, I've deleted a few people who have done this. I just feel in this instance, people should private message instead of announcing to the world. I have seen some people spam the beginning of their message with 'SPOILER ALERT' and the rest is hidden under 'continue reading'. That I am fine with.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Member gobSIDES is on a distinguished road gobSIDES's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2015 08:37 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gobS1DES PSN ID: gobSIDES Steam ID: ChannelCG

Label thread spoilers/non spoilers in the title and people who disrupt this can get banned. If not labelled people should always use the hide function. I don't care about other place like social media as most should know it's very very easy to have something spoiled by FB/Twitter/Google New/etc so you should stay away and not complain if you see a spoiler on these places.

But it's nothing new on a forums, do people just look at the hide/spoiler features and wonder why people use it? Common sense-gen discussion is almost 100% considered to be spoiler safe on forums and has been as long as I can remember-no time limit BS.

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Threads

Question is, why bother spoiling something in the first place. I mean if it's an online discussion, the thread can easily be marked "contains spoilers" and you can spoil away all you want. Most people know not to enter a thread if they are planning on watching something unless they are looking for info on whether or not they should watch it. That's why labelling, and use of spoiler tags in an unlableled thread is essential.

I disagree with the whole time limit on spoilers. If someone hasn't seen a show, why would you want to talk to them about what happened in it in the first place? That makes 0 sense since they cannot identify with the story. It's almost like saying "screw you, you didn't watch it when you should have, now I'll make sure that you never do." It's spoiling plainly for the sake of spoiling if you are consciously doing it. If I thought some movie was awesome and my friend hadn't seen it, I'd tell them how great the story is without giving away major plot that would ruin it for them. If people know how something ends, they'll likely not watch it. Why does everyone have to watch something within your timeframe? I mean, not everyone has the time to watch every new show/movie. But if enough people talk about how awesome something is, they'll eventually find time for it.

Not taking sig requests at the moment - sorries

My Extractions

6. Likes Zainox liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

When does something stop being a spoiler?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

When does something stop being a spoiler?
    After 180 years.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

9. Likes Sympathy liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

So everyone has to have seen something before we can talk about it?

Personally I enjoy spoilers. They let me know if I should bother in the first place
    But then again I think there is a a way around a spoiler and a recommendation. I can recommend something without spoiling by giving a very vague synopsis of the series.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What would be the point of that?

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What would be the point of that?
    Seriously?

AF FAMILY

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes. I like discussing these things in depth. I'm not going to pussy foot around because someone is late to the party.

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

For me spoiler is a spoiler even after a 100 years XD
    I guess its a safe bet to keep everything not asked about as spoilers, you know some of us didn't even watch titanic yet! XD

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lucky you.

Anyway by this logic every new episode is a spoiler

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lucky you.

Anyway by this logic every new episode is a spoiler
    The points that have been made here are really not that difficult to understand, yet you seem to have difficulty to grasp them...

Clearly you still think openly spoiling is justifiable, just be ready for the repercussions if you don't do it appropriately.

AF FAMILY

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Don't care, spoil it for me away. If it really warrants my attention I'll read/view it with or without spoilers. ie: Legend of the Seeker, Game of Thrones, Marvel Movies...
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

18. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information