AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help - Hardware] htc bg86100 malfunctioning touchscreen

Senior Member Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2013 02:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: jeroenmathonmac

Default [Help - Hardware] htc bg86100 malfunctioning touchscreen

Hello my friends touchscreen is not working and he can't enter his pin anyone here familiar with this problem?

Meh Crusader Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2013 11:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tarkenfire Steam ID: Tarkenfire

Default Re: htc bg86100 malfunctioning touchscreen

Touchscreens are fickle things, gotta give more specifics than that.

Off hand, just from what you said, there's something wrong with the screen's digitizer. If there is, it's likely something that needs to be replaced. If the screen is fused to the digitizer like some smaller-factor things (such as the screen-cracked-therefore-screwed Nexus 7 sitting on my desk), then both the screen and digitizer need to be replaced. On cheaper devices, the cost to replace those two things means that it's cheaper to replace the device; for instance, ASUS wanted $170 to replace the screen and digitizer on my $200 N7.

Edit: Something I kinda didn't think of is that it could be a loose "wire" (they don't actually use single wires anymore) in the phone; regardless, it's probably something that needs to be resolved by opening the phone up.
    Last edited by Tarkenfire; 01-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Less is more.

Senior Member Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkenfire View Post
    Touchscreens are fickle things, gotta give more specifics than that.

Off hand, just from what you said, there's something wrong with the screen's digitizer. If there is, it's likely something that needs to be replaced. If the screen is fused to the digitizer like some smaller-factor things (such as the screen-cracked-therefore-screwed Nexus 7 sitting on my desk), then both the screen and digitizer need to be replaced. On cheaper devices, the cost to replace those two things means that it's cheaper to replace the device; for instance, ASUS wanted $170 to replace the screen and digitizer on my $200 N7.

Edit: Something I kinda didn't think of is that it could be a loose "wire" (they don't actually use single wires anymore) in the phone; regardless, it's probably something that needs to be resolved by opening the phone up.
    Long story short he can't enter his pin cuss the touch screen wont work but he can use the volume buttons.

Meh Crusader Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen Mathon View Post
    Long story short he can't enter his pin cuss the touch screen wont work but he can use the volume buttons.
    Then what I said stands, there's a problem with the screen, digitizer, or the connections between the two and the phone.
    Less is more.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Then what I said stands, there's a problem with the screen, digitizer, or the connections between the two and the phone.
    Anny suggestions on how to fix it cheap im good with electronics or some tricks we can try

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen Mathon View Post
    Anny suggestions on how to fix it cheap im good with electronics or some tricks we can try
    If the connections are the issue, taking apart the phone and reseating connections will fix it. If that isn't the issue, then you need to check if the screen is fused to the digitizer (google; you can't tell by looking really). If they are fused, you'll then need to replace both the digitizer and the screen.

If they aren't fused, turn on the device and look for any distortions, grey sports, or dead pixels on the screen. If there are, both the digitizer and screen need to be replaced, if not, then only the digitizer needs to be replaced.
    Less is more.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If the connections are the issue, taking apart the phone and reseating connections will fix it. If that isn't the issue, then you need to check if the screen is fused to the digitizer (google; you can't tell by looking really). If they are fused, you'll then need to replace both the digitizer and the screen.

If they aren't fused, turn on the device and look for any distortions, grey sports, or dead pixels on the screen. If there are, both the digitizer and screen need to be replaced, if not, then only the digitizer needs to be replaced.
    Thanks i'll give it an try

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information