AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats that anime ???

Junior Member blue_nova is on a distinguished road blue_nova's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2015 04:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Whats that anime ???

Hey people, I watched an anime (Film not Series) a while back (it was one of the first real anime films I ever watched) but I don't remember the name. Can anyone tell me if they have heard of it from the parts I remember. Please be aware of the points I have suggested since some of my memories may have become corrupted by time.

* I want to say that the name is 'child of light' but I was never able to find it again so I am certain that I have that part wrong.

* The main character is a little boy who has healing powers (looks like orbs coming out of his hands), whilst he is out with his parents he sees an otter / ferret like anime on the brink of death and heals it.

* At some point either he or another main character ends up in a ocean side village who go out hunting for giant whales to stay alive. He ends up travelling to the market with them but ends up delaying them. Once there nobody will buy and stock from them, he plays a song on an instrument he carries and people start to buy things.

* The history of humans is that once upon a time they only took what they needed living with just enough and never too much, at that point they had the ability to fly. However one of them found that if he filled his pockets with food he didn't need to go back as often, as time passes other people start to do the same. However this leads them to becoming too heavy to fly and thus they became the land bound creatures they are.

* I think the main villain of the story is a battle officer who intends to use the main characters power to activate a huge flying battle ship.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again for your help and support.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I wasn't expecting it to be a well know anime but I'm glad that people are looking.

*** Update Below ***
    Last edited by blue_nova; 05-14-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Whats that anime ???

Quote Originally Posted by blue_nova View Post
    Hey people, I watched an anime a while back (it was one of the first real anime films I ever watched) but I don't remember the name. Can anyone tell me if they have heard of it from the parts I remember. Please be aware of the points I have suggested since some of my memories may have become corrupted by time.

* I want to say that the name is 'child of light' but I was never able to find it again so I am certain that I have that part wrong.

* The main character is a little boy who has healing powers (looks like orbs coming out of his hands), whilst he is out with his parents he sees an otter / ferret like anime on the brink of death and heals it.

* At some point either he or another main character ends up in a ocean side village who go out hunting for giant whales to stay alive. He ends up travelling to the market with them but ends up delaying them. Once there nobody will buy and stock from them, he plays a song on an instrument he carries and people start to buy things.

* The history of humans is that once upon a time they only took what they needed living with just enough and never too much, at that point they had the ability to fly. However one of them found that if he filled his pockets with food he didn't need to go back as often, as time passes other people start to do the same. However this leads them to becoming too heavy to fly and thus they became the land bound creatures they are.

* I think the main villain of the story is a battle officer who intends to use the main characters power to activate a huge flying battle ship.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again for your help and support.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I wasn't expecting it to be a well know anime but I'm glad that people are looking.
    is there any more information you can try and pull from your memory? I spent an hour or so just searching for chunks of information, but I can't find anything related to this. Not saying that it is non-existent at all.

3. Thanks blue_nova thanked for this post
    Likes blue_nova liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    is there any more information you can try and pull from your memory? I spent an hour or so just searching for chunks of information, but I can't find anything related to this. Not saying that it is non-existent at all.
    Thank you so much for looking into this for me, I wasn't expecting it to be an easy find. Since I watched it I haven't managed to find it again. There are a few other things I can remember but them more like flashes of information that anything else and may be completely wrong.

* BIG POINT - This was a feature length film not a series. (sorry I forgot to mention that in the first post)

* The child's ability could both heal people/animals AND be used as a giant source of power.
    * I do believe that its a bear (or simular) animal that tells the history of the humans. (UPDATE: I think the story was aided by cave paintings)
    * When they found their sons ability the parents tried to keep this quite but his farther may have been researching what it could do.
    * I think his parents were killed when people went in to capture the main character.
    * When he is travelling to the market he is accompanied by a young girl and his mother.
    * In the ocean side village it is the men that do the hunting, using harpoons and (I think) they use flat wooden planks or Canoe like rafts/boats
    * The inhabitance of the ocean side village hold the whale like creature in high respects, only killing one when they need the food to eat and they ensure that no part of it goes to waist.
    * I watched this in Japanese but I wouldn't know if a dubbed version is available.

I hope this helps, I'll try to remember some more if I can but it was a few years ago that I watched this.
    Thank you again for the help.
    Last edited by blue_nova; 05-14-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Was it on DVD or television? How recent or how old do you believe the movie to be? If you saw it only a few years ago, could you describe what a few of the characters looked like (hair, eyes, possible age, etc)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    Was it on DVD or television? How recent or how old do you believe the movie to be? If you saw it only a few years ago, could you describe what a few of the characters looked like (hair, eyes, possible age, etc)
    I'm ashamed of the fact but I watched it over the internet (Youtube among other pirated films to be precise) between 2 to 4 years ago. As far as the age of the anime I couldn't say, it looked oldish but not very old - I have no idea of when it was actually made.

The characters would have been children the main a boy (with a pet ferret like creature).
    Another main character would have been a young female.
    and the main villain looked like an army general.

The problem is I don't know any of the actually features, hair or eye colour for example.
    Last edited by blue_nova; 05-14-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I finally found it. Its called 'The boy who saw the Wind'. Thank you to everyone who tried to help me. Now then, lets see if there is anyone else I can help.

Noob question but since its not available on Amazon.uk or Amazon.com where would I be best to buy it from. That and if it dosn't have a (legitimate) translation where could I get a fan subbed copy ???

I know its still available on Youtube but I was hoping not to pirate it this time.
    Last edited by blue_nova; 05-19-2015 at 03:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information