AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Killzone 2

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Killzone 2

I bought it today. I'm about to throw it into the PS3, and start playing. I'll most more opinions later.

Find me and frag me if you want: PSN: MP2K
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

Played through the first 2 missions and so far my only real complaint is the AI of your allies. They'll just stand in front of you blocking your path and wont move out of the way unless you melee them. Not a big deal, but it gets annoying.
    Last edited by StabWound; 02-27-2009 at 09:18 PM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Playing online has been pretty great. Everyone has been stuck in the first class thus far, so I can't say that there has been much in the way of variety, but it's a very well put together frag-fest. I especially love the way it switches objectives (game modes) mid-battle, so at one point you're playing a team deathmatch, and the next you're playing capture the neutral-flag.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

So how is this different than other shooter games like COD?

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    So how is this different than other shooter games like COD?
    Well, when the classes start unlocking, It is supposed to become the Unholy Scion of COD 4 and Team Fortress 2.

Also, the levels are much larger, and 32 multiplayer besides. I'd say it was more arcade-y, but if it is it doesn't make you die any less, not seeing a sniper and running around without cover will get you a 8 second respawn real quick. There's also a neat thing that you unlock on your second rank that lets you form squads: Squad members can spawn on the leader, which makes it pretty damn useful given the size of the levels and number of bullets flying.

It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but I like this FPS more then almost any one other then Warhawk.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 02-27-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So is it better than COD 4? What sort of classes and weapons do we have to play with that makes it more .. unique I guess?

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So is it better than COD 4?
    Define "better". Both are good games, and ultimately it's going to come down to taste. I like how Killzone 2 keeps the action going non-stop without degrading into people camping choke points and spawn points. Well, except in the assault games, but camping is kind of the point in those.

What sort of classes and weapons do we have to play with that makes it more .. unique I guess?
    I can't really say for sure weapons-wise, because the game gives you a choice between either future-M-16 or a future-AK-47 (their strengths/weaknesses break down exactly the same, aside from jamming). Almost got a shotgun unlocked. From what I hear, no alien blasters or BFGs or anything. I think it's handled better then COD4, though. Even though everyone is VERY mortal, there's enough recoil to the long range-oriented assault rifle to keep it from becoming another goddamned P 90 sniper machine gun.

Classes sound interesting, but I still haven't got that far. From what I understand, you can mix and match a primary and secondary feature from any classes you have unlocked. For example, if you have the Assault class and the Medic, you can take the Medic's primary ability to heal people and revive people and match it with the Assault's secondary ability to run really fast.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's sounding more interesting now. I will have to definitely look into it.

COD 4 was fun, but sniping a joke, in fact, anything other than assault weapon was a joke - and I played sniper mostly in COD4. Too much of a run and gun. Juggernoobs aplenty and such. I love COD4, but definitely some big down sides.

I like what you are saying about it. So my next questions ... what is sniping like? You alluded it to before and also .. do you personally have more fun online with that than COD4?

Finally... the cover system and graphics.. are those good? What ticked me off about COD4 was its lack of tactical play. I prefer Tom Clancy games to be honest because of the better ways to cover and move without running around spraying and praying.

Have to ask all of this .. Killzone 2 looks like a game I could really love but I want to be sure
    Last edited by Sagat; 02-28-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=94416

I am very, very, impressed. I might buy this tomorrow.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's sounding more interesting now. I will have to definitely look into it.

COD 4 was fun, but sniping a joke, in fact, anything other than assault weapon was a joke - and I played sniper mostly in COD4. Too much of a run and gun. Juggernoobs aplenty and such. I love COD4, but definitely some big down sides.

I like what you are saying about it. So my next questions ... what is sniping like? You alluded it to before and also .. do you personally have more fun online with that than COD4?
    I don't really snipe that much (or at all with my brand-new shotgun), but I like that there are a lot of decent places to snipe from, and that snipers with assualt rifles aren't god at range. Best of all, no aim assist so it's all skill.

Finally... the cover system and graphics.. are those good?
    Graphics are pretty much state of the art. Cover System in SP is decent, in MP it's just ducking, but it's no big deal as the maps are littered with places to seek cover. It's like a band of Hobo-Soldiers set up the battle field with titanium battle-siding everywhere. Some of the cover is destructible, though.

What ticked me off about COD4 was its lack of tactical play. I prefer Tom Clancy games to be honest because of the better ways to cover and move without running around spraying and praying.
    It certainly awards it. I imagine it'd be pretty popular in Clan matches. The thing is that because the assault rifles have more realistic recoil, 4 people firing at a guy is much quicker and safer then one guy.

That said, I am completely aware that I set every single bomb in the last 2 or 3 goddamn sabotage games usually after clearing the room myself, often after running past "snipers" that sat "guarding" our spawn point.

So I guess, in other words, it's still a run and gun game and people are still idiots. The best bet is to find a decent squad leader and take a very fast yet semi methodological approach, but usually only 4 or 5 people bother joining squads.

Have to ask all of this .. Killzone 2 looks like a game I could really love but I want to be sure
    It's worth a shot. The only real complaints I hear are that the controls aren't responsive, but I don't agree. I assume they are simply coddled by auto-aim and have problems if the game isn't pointing their gun at people for them.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 02-28-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

Finished the campaign last night. Excellent game and very fun. Managed to get some good trophies as well.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They released a new patch. I SWEAR TO PESCI IF THE INPUT TWEAKS THEY MADE TO SHUT UP THE "DEADZONE" WHINERS IN ANYWAY INTERFERE WITH MY ABILITY TO PWNZOR NOOBS I WILL DIVIDE BY ZERO AND END THE ABOMINATION KNOWN AS REALITY.

Hurray for stability fixes and shotgun autolock nerfs, though.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-07-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deadzone??

Beat the campaign today. Very good game, very intense spots rivalling that in COD 4.

Online is something I am getting used to. Many ppl are retarded and don't know how to set a bodycount game over 10 points. Since I am used to COD4, getting used to how the aiming and moving is very different is taking some adaptation. Especially since COD4 is such a run and gun and this isn't anywhere near as bad.

This being said, I can see this being much more tactical, engrossing, and fun once I get accustomed to it.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Deadzone??

I never noticed it so I conceder them whiners. It's also possible my controller works better then theirs, I guess. Just a Dual Shock 3, though.

Online is something I am getting used to. Many ppl are retarded and don't know how to set a bodycount game over 10 points. Since I am used to COD4, getting used to how the aiming and moving is very different is taking some adaptation. Especially since COD4 is such a run and gun and this isn't anywhere near as bad.
    On the other hand, if they set it over 10 kills, you'd have to kill more then one person to get the body count awards. In 100 kill DMs it's extremely hard to get one because they last long enough that the kills tend to average out, which makes it tough to get 10ish kills before one team or another wins.

On the other extreme, I played a game that had all the rounds set to 30 minutes. It was only tolerable because the teams were very evenly matched and everything stayed pretty strategic. Took over 2h and ended 4-3, my team. I got about 225 points after multiplier off of that one (very long) game. Made Engineer and got 5/6ths of the way to the next rank.

As I understand it, the second control variant is pretty close to COD4. I haven't used it, the default controls feel like home to me.

I'm working on the Assault Class, and I've unlocked all the weapons for Rifleman, Medic, Engineer, and Tactician. Been taking a break, I'll probably get back in tomorrow if not tonight.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-07-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

So i just bought it today and i have played it a totale of 10 mins. havent played campaign yet but have done a skirmish.. pretty sweet stuff really. Off to capmaign i go.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

Member The Strike Freedom is a jewel in the rough The Strike Freedom is a jewel in the rough The Strike Freedom is a jewel in the rough The Strike Freedom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2009 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PSN: StrikefreedomX

I haven't had any problems with it, maybe its your connections, or controllers.
    As long as there is injustice and turmoil in this world, I will continue to fight. To defend the weak, protect the innocent, and eradicate the evils of the world. This is my sole mission in life.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

MP2K yer a friggen bastard with the grenade launcher, I swear to god

Were you gunning for me as much as I was trying to find you in that big match!?

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

MP2K yer a friggen bastard with the grenade launcher, I swear to god

Were you gunning for me as much as I was trying to find you in that big match!?
    Heh, yeah. My team on that first match sucked, anytime you get 113 points and still lose, there is something seriously wrong. I would have switched classes more, but I was trying to finish my boost badge and make General. Assault is pretty damned overpowered between it's weapons and armor and boost. Got Scout unlocked at last, so I don't need to play for points anymore unless I'm trying for the ranking trophies or something. I want that damn repair zapper.

I was looking for you, but you seemed to be sniping more and I was firing into crowds as much as possible. So we kept missing each other. I was happy that I got the credit for assassinating you, though. We should probably try to be on the same team or something, eh?

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

O god man, I didn't even realize I was the friggen target until the message came up saying we lost the mission lol

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

O god man, I didn't even realize I was the friggen target until the message came up saying we lost the mission lol
    Yeah, I've only survived a Assassination myself like once or twice. It's a pretty hard mode to win.

How about if we play each other again, I'll pick Helgast if it's non-auto select and you pick either one depending on what you want. I'd say just shout it out during intermission, but I'm pretty sure you didn't have a microphone hooked up (I do, I just don't use it).

I thought it was funny how all those people in the second match were gloating about killing me, nevermind that I was killing a couple of their teammates on every spawn and was keeping them occupied and away from the objectives. It was pretty much a case of people that won the battle and yet lost the war. Such is the power of the Grenade Launcher Man.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-14-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Lol but hey MP2k i sent you an invite. ive been playing a little on line.. im only a CPL. but i think for only having played like 4 matches im kicking some butt.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They gloated about killing you? LOL wth man you were ranked first on your team that match lol

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Hey Sagat whats you PSN? Im going to be on KZ2 tonight and plan to hopefully hook up with some of yall and try to get some killing done.
    Formally Broly3k8.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Crimsonights yo

(minus the yo lol)

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I should be on in a bit after I get my internet-stuff settled. Think 9p eastern.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Closed Thread

Thread Information